3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traditional Winter Bow NJ 2...... Pic's added  (Read 6104 times)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traditional Winter Bow NJ 2...... Pic's added
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
What Tom said... Best Of Luck to Larry and Rainman. See all the rest of ya at JUMBOLAND... 6am sharp...

... mike ...  :archer:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
Just finishing plans on what time to pick up Mikey, meet Scott and head down. Decided to fill up the backquiver with some arrows, haul around my longbow, get some new batteries for the camera and we are all set. We need more pics on this thread....had a bunch last year.

Mikey....don't forget your pink scarf....  :thumbsup:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Hey we gotta meet up at a 3D this year so I can try out that longbow bud...I won't be able to make anymore hunts.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
How's This Joe? I'll Bring Two Pink Hats. One for each of us. Got a special one for you, being the Team Pink Leader/Founder/Captain and such.  ;)  Anyway, a scarf may get in the way when comes time to fling some arrows.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
I bequest my Pink hat to Stiffrod...after all, I think he deserves it and should wear it.

Stiffrod..don't forget to bring those pictures you had last year of the waitress   :scared:    :saywhat:  

Deadbolt...after the season, shoot me your address and I'll send the bow down. You can keep it for a week and shoot it.   :wavey:    :)
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Joe, I can't wear pink hats it's against my religion.   :eek:   Plus they might take my Union Card away!   :readit:   You and MC Hammer can wear them. Maybe they'll change the Jersey Gangs Luck.   :saywhat:   Should be a smaller bunch Saturday. The TRI-STATE Terrors PLUS 1, Steve, the chicken chaser, MC Hammer and who ever else shows up for Breakfast.   :thumbsup:   I'dlike to hit WALLPACK small group maybe stillhunt/drive. I'd like to hit the back of The Table Top again a little different.We know for a fact they're up there. We'll discuss....   :archer:   That little waitress has been asking for you...... stiff rod.   :p   By the way We have one more Saturday if you want. Season ends in Zone 4 Saturday the 31ST.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Shot a medium size doe tonight at Allaire.  Hit it good, but a little high so there wasn't crap for a bloodtrail.  Took my stuff back to the car and came back with a light but couldn't find any trail.  The arrow penetrated into a little dirt mount up to the fletching ( a little overkill), but the feathers were painted a real pretty color of red.  I know it is a high double lung hit, but it went into some real thick stuff and I kept getting turned around.  Gotta work a 27-30 hour shift tomorrow, but I have a break from 1-4 pm, so I will head over there during the daylight.  Should be cold enough to keep, I hope.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
Best Of Luck Buddy. Hope You Find Her.

... mike ...

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
Guys had a great time wit ya's last week,hoped to repeat it again,but cant.Good Luck sat. and keep an eye on MC.Dont let him get lost AGAIN.
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »
Good luck to you guys heading to Sussex. Hope you guys get something.
Looks like Reiner and I will be joined by Alex. The weather looks good for flying arrows.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: January 23, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
Ain't had this much fun deer huntin' in a long time. Must be the cold air gettin' into my brain. Has nothin' to do with all you wonderful fellas.  :rolleyes:

... mike ...

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: January 23, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »
Found the doe that I shot last night.  It was pretty warm today and I clipped a part of the stomach.  I didn't trust the backstrap on that side, but the rest of the meat looked ok to me.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
Way to go Patrick! Better safe than sorry. I Will be at Jumboland at around 6:00. Steve, has a fever but said he will try to make it! I WILL BE THERE!!!!  Hec, I'd come up just to see the TERRORS! TRI-STATE TERRORS PLUS 1 and MC HAMMER who  else? Just received my new 3-d deer target in the mail  going to send a few before dark. Talk later MEN!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: January 23, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
Just cut up the hot dry sausage and from-unda-cheese! See you fellas at Jumboland around 6am.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: January 23, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »
Just showered up, sipping a tall gin, truck is packed and it looks like some nice weather tomorrow...should be a fun day....bring your cameras, something will be dying tomorrow!

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: January 23, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »
Guys...GOOD LUCK   :thumbsup:
BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
Glad you got your deer PAt.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
Made it home OK. Had a GREAT DAY hunting with all of you. Kinda beat up though. Gonna soak my parabolics in hot water.   :rolleyes:  Maybe my sweetheart will blow-dry 'em......

... mike ...

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
Thought I'd share some pics of todays drives. Another good time, the weather was supposed to be around 36 degrees but we got hit with a strong cold wind. It was downright nasty when you were "standing". Even had a early morning snow shower hit us.....A couple deer moved around and one buck managed to sneak through. We only had 8 guys but it worked out well.

Iron Mike Ciccone supplied the "energy"...fresh Mozzarella and hot sausage....

Reiner and Scott after a short drive. Bamboo praying that the wind would die down...

Reiner trying out Mike Robin's Torges seat. Mike made some nice improvements to the original

Myself and STiffrod (Bentpole) after another uphill drive..

Early morning snow showers hit. We were waiting for STiffrod....he was checking out a new area..

Scott leading Reiner and STiffrod ...setting up for a long drive. I kicked out a Coyote that sped past Scott while we were driving...too fast for any shot.

Found this buck rub on the first drive. Took this pic, then heard a PSSSSST....Looked over about 15 yds and a wheelie guy was up in his tree stand...Gave him the high sign and kept moving

Alex Bugnon joined us for half a day. Our group was myself, Bamboo, Scott, Stiffrod, Reiner, Alex, Steve and Mike C...A good group, different bows to shoot, giving the waitress a hard time at the diner...Doesn't get any better....

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
Thanks for posting some pics Joe. Sure wish I could have joined you guys today. I know with that group there was a lot of fun to be had today. Situations being what they are, I'm not able to get around too much these days. Me and the new bow had to settle with just stumping back behind the house.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©