3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Scary Basement Workshops... and the Cure  (Read 726 times)

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
Scary Basement Workshops... and the Cure
« on: March 07, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
someone said let's look at workshops.  I moved from a  huge, 3 car plus shop garage space into a small garage barely big enough for a Geo.  Took me six years to admit it just wasn't working and I wasn't doing any fun projects any more.   This winter I remodeled the whole setup, going to smaller, mobile tools and combining it with a semi-indoor archery range.     I web paged the whole works.   Here is an overall shot:

You might not believe it, but that pic includes lathe, drill press, several belt sanders, band saw, two workbenches, plus a ton of storage!

You can see the whole shop and read the story at:

http://www.dickwightman.com/shop/shopandbowroom.html

Can't wait to see other guys caves...

Dick in Seattle
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Scary Basement Workshops... and the Cure
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
Give me six years and I might be able to get a picture for you Dick. LOL
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »
That's very cool Dick. I'm currently finishing my little piece of heaven in my basement.
I have a shop in the garage for doing rough work, but I like to do finer stuff down here.
I'll post some pics when I git-er-done!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »
Way to go Dick, I will take a picture of my work shop in the before stage then in a year or two I will post a picture of the after stage. I am pretty sure they will look a lot a like  :biglaugh:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline ironrhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Dick, your shop is SWEET!!!! i love your innovation putting EVERYTHING on wheels... I'll have pictures up later... I'm thawing out in front of the fire right now.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
ironrhino... I'll look forward to the pix.  I want to see lots of before pix so I can feel smug  :^)

Are you going to do a step by step along on skinning and mounting that mouse?

Dick
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
My son and I finished putting the final touches on our shop in my basement after working on it for almost a year.(Of course we took time off for the summer and fall for hunting) The dimentions of our little place away from the opposet sex is 25'X8'. There are 2 work benches and plenty of shelves. We added a color TV and DVD player, a new radio w/ cd/tape player. A video game console too. The last thing we did was to make a sign naming our shop and hang it on the door. We named the shop the "Man Cave". Sorry I have no pictures to show everyone (Not very computer savy) but it's the place I can build arrows and tinker with other hunting things. But most important for me it's a place I can go to have peace and quiet while hunting season is closed.
Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline SFB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »
Dick,
I don't see any type of dust collection system in your shop. How do you deal with the saw/sanding dust getting over everything else in there. Love the idea of everything on wheels. Are those locking casters ?

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »
Dick, you have a nice neat shop. I think if you have a smaller work area you tend to be a little more organized. Here are some pictures of my messy  man cave . I do clean it up once in a while, usually before I spray or when I can't find my stuff.
Bill

NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline tom sawyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
Dick, I like how you mobilized the band saw.  I did the same sort of thing but mine sits on top of the board.  I think I like your design better.
Lennie aka "Tom Thumbs"
"It is better to give than receive- especially advice."  Mark Twain

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
Peckerwood... love your space!  Takes me back... my last shop was like that... every machine free standing... huge feedout table around the 220 table saw.   I think I'm going to go  cry in my coffee...

Ah, well, truth is, I would have a hard time working on the stuff I used to.... can't handle heavy weight, can't stand for too long.   I guess this shop fits me now.

Dick

"Shoot your own arrow..."
Dick in Seattle

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
Hope ya'll post lots o'pics. I was just given a wood stove for my garage and I gotta rearrange the whole thing to make the stove fit. Hep me , Hep me ......Like the wheel thing   :scared:  
I can't believe I said that  :eek:  it's all Dick's fault  :knothead:    :bigsmyl:  nice shop Dick  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
Man Peckerwood you have more space in your work shop then I have in my house  :biglaugh:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©