3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Last day of deer hunting  (Read 231 times)

Offline IDABOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Last day of deer hunting
« on: December 17, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »
I didn't get a deer this year but I know that because of the way I hunt I may stand a lesser chance of bringing home the meat.  I also know that when I have brought home the meat it was a lot more satisfying simply because I am a traditional hunter.  

Yesterday's hunt was interesting as you will soon read.  Early on I saw a nice 3-point and decided to get closer to it, in doing so i noticed another hunter about 200 yards away glassing the same buck.  The buck noticed this other hunter and passed by me at about 100 yards.  I glassed the buck and saw that he was bleeding from the right, front leg but did not limp.  Not knowing who had shot this buck I started to track it and finally crossed paths with the other archer.  As I hiked up to him I noticed that he kept bringing his hand to his mouth, it was only 5 degrees outside so keeping his fingers and hand warm seemed logical.  Then as I got closer to him, I heard him speak. (OK, now I get it, he has a radio and he's talking to his buddy). I asked if this was his buck that had been wounded and he said yes, and he went on to tell me that he had taken, now get this, an 80 to 100 yard shot! He did hit it but really, who can consistently hit a lethal area at that distance? It was obvious that he couldn't, even though he was shooting a compound. He went on to tell me that his hunting party of five (who were all on the radio)were closing in on the semi wounded deer.  

At the end of the day, I met with one of his party members who's truck was parked next to mine. I asked if the deer had been found.  This gentleman stated that it was killed by an 80 yard shot after the group had funneled (via radio) it toward the waiting "longshotsman". I was glad that the wounded deer was killed but I was glad that I hunted the way I did, without radio's or a "party" of five.
Bill

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Last day of deer hunting
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
disgusting
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
I'm convinced there are MANY people who will never "get it."  Those folks you ran into are just that.  I've never understood that kind of mentality.

But just like you, I'd rather go without than to hunt in that manner.  You were way too nice in using the word "gentleman" when referring to these yo-yo's.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Longbow rookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
Beachbowhunter - "disgusting" sums that scene up very well.

I also agree with Wary Buck...you are the gentleman in regards to the way you described them!!!  Ignorant AS@#$$%% would have been much more appropriate....Stuff like this makes me sick to my stomach!!!!

Sorry you had to witness this stupidity Bill....

On a positive note - for every fool like them there a ton of good souls here at Trad...

Offline IDABOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
I was too nice in my description of these fellows, and yes, it was disgusting.  They will never get it, even if I explained it to them.  I'm glad I got into traditional archery and I'm very proud of those of us who hunt with pride and honor. I don't like short cuts.
Bill

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
Slobs to be sure.  In a lot of places, using radios like that to guide other hunters to the game is illegal.  Is it in your state?

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
Ive got until the 31st to connect..PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©