3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jeffery Archery Bows ???  (Read 455 times)

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jeffery Archery Bows ???
« on: December 17, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
Has any one had any experiance with this manufacturer ? Hand shock , mass weight , noise ,stability , workmanship , ect ?  

MARK
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline J-KID

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jeffery Archery Bows ???
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
I shot a Jeffery TD recurve for 20+ years.  Sold it 5 years ago when I went to a Tomahawk SS longbow which I feel shoots better, has less hand shock and is quieter.  Of course, a lot could have changed in their designs in the past 30 years.  I did shoot it hard for many years and as far as I know it's still going strong.  That says something about it.  I had a second one made as a back up and it didn't shoot for me as good as the first.  Hope that helps some. I guess anytime a bow shoots well for over 20 years it is a testament to the durability of the bow.
Jay Kidwell
BW PLV TD
64" / 50 & 55#

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »
Owen Jeffery designed the Kodiak Magnum when he was working for Fred Bear. High quality bows, IMO.

Killdeer   :archer:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
I have one that doesn't get shot much.  It is a 3 piece 55#.  Big riser with good mass weight, makes for a very stable and easy to shoot bow.  Nothing fancy but very well made.  I start a lot of guys just learning with this bow.  Not a speed demon.  Not sure when this bow was made.  Hope this helps.  No hand shock and very quiet shooting carbon or wood arrows.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
Mark, I have one it's a three piece takedown and I won't sell it. It is a good solid shooter and I like it. I've had it for several years and alway felt it was quiet,no hand shock and had good speed. It's not my everyday shooter but, is ready to step up when called on.  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Benjy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
I have 4 Jeffery takedowns. One is a base model that I start people with, a 65# that I took to Africa, a 52# that I shoot everyday during hunting season and a 68" 52# for 3D's. I may be just a bit biased since they are here in Columbia and friends of mine  :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Offline CJC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »
i also have a 3 peice takedown with 2 sets of limbs. 44# for target and 62# for hunting. both 68" long.  well made bows.  very sturdy.  not the fanciest bows ever, but i will not sell it.  it was given to me by my father, and is what i learned to shoot on and has a special place in my heart. ! quiet, no shock and a solid performer!!  someday i will take it elk hunting.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
I had a 52" Mighty Mag ,good bow, no hand stock and very stable for a short bow.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
Never owned one but borrowed a 45# from a friend a few years ago when I hurt my shoulder. I was impressed, not the fanciest bow but it shot VERY good. Friend later gave up trad and sold it. If I had known he was going to sell it I would have bought it.
 Mike
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
Tom (Owen is pretty much retired) build good bows.

Owen knows as much about what makes a bow work as any person alive...and he taught Tom.

The quietest bow I ever owned was a Jeffrey Royal TD..55 lbs at 28 inches. They are not speed demons..but that doesnt matter at 20 yards. I cannot tell you the number of times I had a second chance at a critter because the bow was so quiet the game had no idea an arrow had been shot at it.

Tom listens to you, and will help you get the bow that is right for you. Again, nothing fancy, but a tour through their shop and a look at the many forms in there will surprise you- they have built bows for many many different companies and bowyers...too many to mention.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline blueline

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
I had a TD for a few years. It was my go to bow for the time I had it.

blueline
Blueline

Mahaska  66" 47 @ 29
Morrison 58" 54 @ 28
Bear grizzly 58" 45@28

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
I've yet to make it up to Owen and Toms shop.  Its on my "Things to do REAL Soon" list.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
does anyone know if the jeffery archery bows are fastflight compatible?

Offline LazerRay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »
I had a 70# Mighty Mag it would thud but my Bruin De-flex Express threw the same arrow with more authority and speed at 55#.  IMO if I could of tinkered with it more it may have been a good bow but at 70# it was hard to string and tune.
Contempt prior to investigation leads to everlasting ignorance!
William James

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
I own several.  When I decided to get into trad, I visited Owen.  He spent hours with me answering questions and teaching me to shoot.  I went to visit him this year for the first time in a looong time.  Darn glad I did.  Recurves shoot great but his longbow will break your bow arm!

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
Good bow... nothing fancy,just a good solid bow,quiet an easy to shoot
Bull

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
Here is a doe I killed nearly Twenty years ago and a pic of a buck I killed about 4 years ago with the same Jeffery. Like Ray said these bows are quiet and one of the best buy`s out there.RC

They`ll kill pigs as well.RC

Offline laughing turtle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »
I once owned a 3 piece recurve by Jeffery.  I was never really impressed with the bows performance(I am a longbow shooter at heart)but i was astounded at the level of customer service.  A limb seperated on the bow after several years of hard hunting and riding in the back seat of the truck.  I called Jeffery and they instructed me to send it to them.  They not only repaired the limb, but gave me a new set of limbs in a different draw weight for the bow.  I always tell people you can't go wrong putting your money in a Jeffery bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©