3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Martin Jaguar Take-Down bow  (Read 861 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Martin Jaguar Take-Down bow
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
bmb, are you sure of that price $119, thats cheap even if its junk. I would think it would cost more than that. For $119 I would get one to see if it was any good. lol....
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
i am 100% sure...i couldnt believe it either.....i actually did a search on the web and the most i saw advertised was 140.00 bucks...but yes allens archery in decatur,al will have all 3 weights offered in store around march for 119.99...:)seems to cheap to me also. he said it uses a jaguar? compound riser??

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Looks like it is mainly for an elevated rest. I guess you could shoot off the shelf?
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Scrap metal prices are way up right now, so I guess if your unhappy with it you could always melt it down and get part of your money back  :knothead:    :bigsmyl:

On a serious note I have always been a big fan of the "Old Howatts" just don't think I could "Warm Up" to this one.

JMO, Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
For $114 to $140 I think I'll order one.  I might be able to put some longbow limbs on it.
Martin Savannah Longbow 50# @ 29"
Martin Savannah Stealth 55# @ 28"
Griffin Takedown 52# @ 28"
Easton Bloodline 330

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
on a side note, tradonly..how do you like your savannah?

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »
When it comes to the compound Martin "seems" to borrow a lot of design ideas from other companies. They have been successful at that and one would assume they would bring that to any venture where they could get a piece of the market. The PSE Coyote wasn't a great bow for me but it was an excellent bowfishing bow. I could see investing in this Jaguar for bowfishing if it is as rugged as it looks.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
I love my Savannah.  It's smooth, quiet, and fast.  At 62", there's no stacking even at my 30" draw.  I shoot 3 under and there's no problem with tiller or noise.  Martin actually customed it to 52# @30 and put my name on it at no extra charge.  I bought it the first year it was on the open market.  Since then the price has jumped over $100.  I'm glad I jumped on it when I did.  That's a good reason for jumping on the Jaguar now instead of later.
Easton Bloodline 330

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
My buddy, Shop Owner, ordered 10 of different weights.  They won't be available until March '09 but I'm already set for a black handled 50 lb'er.  At that price I can't pass it up.
Easton Bloodline 330

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »
do you think its cheap b/c of the al/magnesium riser?? are they weaker than solid aluminium??

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
It's probably cheap because they had a stock-pile of riser left over from not selling many of the compound version. This is a way for them to make use of those risers. At the price they are selling them for, at the least you'd have a bowfishing bow. They'll only be available RH and in 45, 50 or 55#s.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
I spoke to the Martin Rep and he said that one of the reasons for the low price was no need to make a cast for the riser since it was already made.  I'm not sure where the limbs came from.
Easton Bloodline 330

Offline osiristheclown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
So it's kinda like a factory produced WARF? That shelf is mighty generous, guess you could experiment with every rest on the market to find what works without running out of surface. For all the EFOC and heavy arrow guys you could probably build out the strike plate enough to shoot rebar.

Offline Predator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by owlbait:
When it comes to the compound Martin "seems" to borrow a lot of design ideas from other companies. They have been successful at that and one would assume they would bring that to any venture where they could get a piece of the market. The PSE Coyote wasn't a great bow for me but it was an excellent bowfishing bow. I could see investing in this Jaguar for bowfishing if it is as rugged as it looks.
Dude, you need to do some research. Martin has come up with more than its share of of the progress of compound bows. Example, Martin had the first ever single cam. When you look at bows of today, I can assure you that alot of what you see was derived from Martin archery. Probably the most innovative company out there.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
The Martin Lynx has been around for a long time....not a bad shooting takedown either from what I remember. It's got a metal riser, if I'm not mistaken.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
SO what's the verdict. Folks were supposed to have these last month. How does it shoot?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
No doubt, Martin makes some fine products. But, from the looks of that thing, it's not one that I'd give a serious thought to. JMO

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
I ordered and paid for one 3-1-09 to use for bow fishing...after a couple of it will be in any day now e mails I called the Martin factory and was told they would not ship before May, I did not know they were a custom bow built one at a time...

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
ive paid for one also....still waiting for it....... it will be my new bowfishing rig..... im not real concerned how it shoots for that price...i just wanted something i could toss around in the boat..
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
Ordered one for my eleven yr old sons` birthday...got tired of waiting. Switched my order to a Samick Deermaster. A bit more money, but the bow came yesterday and is not a dissappointment.

In the pouring rain, he proudly shot his new bow today, after school.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©