3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Martin Jaguar Take-Down bow  (Read 863 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Martin Jaguar Take-Down bow
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »
Pred 1 , "Sir Dude, please"  :bigsmyl:  My comment was based on research. Many successful models in the market have been "followed" by Martin look-a-likes.  Probably made more sense then doing that original research on those 2 models you mentioned. But I did agree they looked like they would make bowfishing bows, but they didn't come out when expected. MAYBE someone called their bluff on this one? I like my American made Quinn Stallion for metal-riser bowfishing bow for now.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
Looks like a compound riser with recurve limbs!!LOL  Must mean that those wheelie heads are coming back around.  Never seen it before, but coming from Martin it is probably a pretty decent bow.  I wouldn't hesitate giving it a shot and probably a great fish bow at that.  dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
I just love the way some folks can be sarcastic about a bow because it's cheap.  "Must be no good at that price!"    Martin is introducing a takedown, with wood laminated limbs, that someone can afford and it will probably shoot very well.  As a matter of fact, in the right hands, I'm sure a good shooter will kick your keister with it...even against high priced bows.

Years back we welcomed such things because they fit the budets of those of us who weren't so financially blessed.  Right now it's a market that very few American companies are getting in on.  It's a great move on Martin's part.

Some of you could also use a good history lesson when it comes to archery and bowhunting.  Black Widows first takedowns were metal, and remained that way until the compound device took over the archery industry.   When Ken Beck bought Black Widow, he brought the wood riser Widows into prominence.  A metal riser widow would be a remake, and perhaps more affordable than the wood riser.  Well...maybe.

I still have to figure out how one decides what is a fish bow and what is any other kind of bow.
Just because you consider something trash, doesn't mean it is.  It could mean you don't understand all that you see.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
If I were in the market for a recurve with a metal riser in that price range, I'd buy a Quinn. They're good bows at an excellent price and shoot very well. With respect to this new offering from Martin: all I can say is there's a good reason why very few bowyers make recurves with that sort of geometry.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
George, a good fish bow in my book is one that you can toss in the bottom of the boat or the lake and pick it up to shoot. It doesn't have to be pretty or shoot great. It just has to shoot good enough. Doesn't matter if it copies other designs either. If it does shoot well, like the Quinn, then you get extra bang for the buck. If it is put together with extra parts from other projects, might be hard to keep the price and quality consistent.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »
I had a few bucks in my pay pal account so..I ordered the Martin Jaguar because I was looking for a metal riser recurve that had threaded holes in it so I could attach either a zebco 888 type bow reel or one of my AMS Retreivers. I bought a PSE last year from the St Judes Auction and it was a little light drawing for me so it's Helens bow fishing bow now, I'm sure when it arrives it will be a quality product for the price and just what I was looking for.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
I'm sure it can look very good to a person without the disposable income that some of you may have.  Rather than just criticize a design; or even if it's a put-together from old compound risers, you may just want to appreciate that Martin has made a takedown recurve available that will be functional for what may be pocket change to you.  

I would be happy if a few more companies used leftover pieces and parts to do the same thing.
Full wallets have short memories.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
Yeah Martin. Thank you. Now, has anyone actually gotten their hands on one of these wonderful products?

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
We ordered one from fsdiscountarchery.com, at the beginning of February, and they said at that time not to expect the bow until late March. Late March came, and my 11 yr old son (the owner of said bow) went on-line to look at the picture of the bow AGAIN, and found it was not there. That prompted a call to them from me.

We were told not to expect the bow for up to six more weeks.

Not good enough, we moved on.

Offline DeanM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
I recieved my Jaguar about 3 weeks ago.  Very easy to shoot.  With the rest that Martin supplies with the bow, you get awsome arrow flight.

The limbs on my bow were made in the Howatt plant, but I believe Martin is moving that operation into the Walla Walla facility.  That may be why they are taking a little longer to get shipped.

They are great bows.  I would recommend one!

Dean

Offline bigiron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
Ordered one 3-5-09 & they said would ship end of march. End of march called again & they said...oh no it will be 6-8 weeks, that was after she put me on hold & called martin. told them it didn't matter whether it was black or camo. finally canceled order. hoyt gamemaster is good enough.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
OK, I got my 50lb Jaguar today. I put it together, installed the plastic rest(about 1/8 past center), put some homemade wool silencers on string,set brace at 7 1/2inchs, put nock on B-50 loop string, checked tiller at 3/16 positive and dug thru arrow pile for some 1916 w/wide nocks found 3 @ 28 in with 125 gr points. stood back at 15 yards and put all 3 in the kill about 5 inch group, noticed good arrow flight, good cast, not loud. shot about 6 more rounds of 3 arrows between 15 and 20 yards all in the 8 or 10 ring. I don't think I felt any hand shock at all, bow sent was black not the camo I think I ordered, thats OK I wanted a bow fishing bow and this is it , bow is drilled and tapped for bow reel and AMS retreiver.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »
How much do one of these bows cost?RC

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2009, 11:43:00 PM »
$115 plus shipping

Offline Double A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »
any update on this? i want a takedown and can afford this fa sho!

Offline BadKarma

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
Mines on the way, getting a 55#. Could be camo or black, depends on what they have in stock. Should have it Friday or so.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

May Thors Hammer ring in your favor!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©