3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wisconsin trad shooters  (Read 203 times)

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
Wisconsin trad shooters
« on: December 17, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »
was wondering if any of you have hunted the pigs that are roaming around all that is needed is a small game licens well and you need to know where they are was wondering if anyone knows where to find em a friend and i have been wanting to hunt these critters ever since the dnr gave us the ok but we cant find em

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wisconsin trad shooters
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
Good luck, I think you are going to need it.  From what I've heard, the hogs that are here are very localized and not widely spread.  But if you come up with something let me know!  ;)
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
will do its been alot harder than we had thought it woud be thats for sure but if we could find em would be a fun way to get baptized into the trad world

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
From what I know Whip's right.  

While I'm glad they aren't out destroying fields, it sure would be nice to spend a weekend or four in the summer lookin' for bacon.

:thumbsup:
Support the sport!

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 05:53:00 AM »
I know several people who have gone after them.When asked how many pigs they took,quote"Pigs what pigs, did'nt even see any sign."
Leland

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
There are a few in Crawford Cty.  I read an article a few months back.  A certain game farmer let some loose to try and inhance his operation.

Here is a map of sightings thru out the state.
 http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/Images/Publ/factsheets/pig/WisconsinFeralPigMap.pdf

Offline Notso

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
I live near the area that the pigs are located in and know a few people that have actually killed  some. Most were taken incidental to deer hunting with a rifle, others by farmers that spotted groups of pigs in their fields. IF you can get permission from a landowner -it would be an incredible coincidence to actually see one. They are present, but not in large numbers. This is good as they are not welcome guests in Wisconsin.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©