3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: recurve or longbow  (Read 353 times)

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: recurve or longbow
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
Pick one and go for it.  If you get hooked, you will have several of each!!!  Have fun.

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
I agree with George here,very well said my friend.
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
Hey Chad!  Good to see you here on the gang... I'll let you shoot my Black Widows next week. I got the longbow and the recurve. That way you can take your pick of the best!  See ya pal...

Steve
Blessings,
Steve

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
If all I shot were targets I would probably shoot a recurve, and if all I did was hunt all I would shoot would be a longbow.  With that being said, I own one recurve, and 5-6 longbows...  

Each have their place, and their place for each particular person... This isn't a question we can really answer for you, you need to find out for yourself.
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
Like so many have said before me - if you start down this path with one, the other will follow soon behind.  I started with a recurve becuase I felt it made the most sense to me at the beginning.  Recently I've really started to fall for the R/D longbows - they've really changed my perspective on what a longbow could be.  

Both the curve and the stick are equally at home in the woods and the range, try as many as you can - one will pick you.

* Just another plug for the TG Classifieds - I've purchased many bows off it, and have always been more than happy with my purchase, quality equipment from quality people. *
Support the sport!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©