3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Check out my Timberhawk!!!!  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Check out my Timberhawk!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
I know of ALOT of bows Gian has gone thru, so that is saying something right there.  LOL!!!

Bummer on the break, but glad you weren't hurt.
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Thicket Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »
Gian,
 I haven’t told you but I have a Masters degree in Psychology which enables me to make the following analysis and recommendations.

I am concerned that you have been traumatized by this horrific event and probably have a long road of recovery and therapy ahead of you. The damage to your psyche is a result of the bow blowing up, the possible monetary loss and then being castigated and raked over the coals on the board for being insensitive. I am sure that if you try to shoot now your concentration will be “shot” and you have probably developed a terrible flinch as you pull back and release. This will cause your self confidence to erode and you may be tempted to start shooting, and I hate to say this, compounds. JUST SAY NO. I want you to know these are normal reactions and there is help out there for you.

I feel for you brother. Out of concern for you, please send me the bows that are still operational and I will keep them for you. I am concerned that in a peek of anger or frustration, you may take it out on the existing bows. I am especially concerned about any Black Widows or Morrison bows you may still have. You may also want to include the appropriate arrows, quivers, gloves, broadheads and points. Flu flu’s could also trigger a reaction so please include them as well.

Your concerned friend,
Mark
Doing the right thing isn’t always the easiest.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get me.

Offline Thicket Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »
Gian,
 I forgot to mention that I have theory that bowyers are in a conspiracy to take what disposable income you may have and are intentionally bent on wrecking marriages. I could be wrong but I have observed a pattern of behavior of some members on this board that would be evidence of this and support my theory.
 As evident in your post, I know you have nothing but respect and admiration for Scott and his ability as a bowyer. I am also aware that the$650 is a pittance of what you have spent on bows. Stay vigilant though, he may be part of the conspiracy.  

Mark

Offline J-KID

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
Sorry Mark, I have a Ph.D. in psychology.  I should get the bows and all accessories!  I could then loan some out to you to use (under my supervision, of course)!
Jay Kidwell
BW PLV TD
64" / 50 & 55#

Offline Thicket Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
Jay,
 We may be on to a new career of providing therapy to traumatized traditional bow shooters. I will be more that happy to work with you as we provide this needed service. We could even become sponsors. Of course for there to be a true break through in therapy, it would have to be coducted in the field under actual hunting conditions. The potential here is awsome!

Mark
Please contact K-Kid or Thicket Hunter for Psychological services. We are here to help you. Price of therapy is contingent on the quality of field therapy environment.

Offline penetrator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »
brand new compounds blow up every day.bowtech was going through limbs like candy.people heve to remember,these bows are just thin WOOD laminates,and thin FIBERGLASS.the bowyer alot of times can't control the material he's given.could have been weak spot in fiberglass.i will say this,i see alot less laminated longbow and recurves blow than compounds and they're suppose to be made of space age material and shoot lazer beams,and kill the deer for ya,and buildt in GPS and.....oh,i'm done.back to topic,not a bowyer out there that ain't lost one.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
Psychology is all soft science and totally subjective. Send the bows to me and I'll scientifically justify their existence.

Offline J-KID

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
It's INSTINCTIVE archery.
No scientific REASONING allowed.

Don't you hear a compound calling your name . . . ?
Jay Kidwell
BW PLV TD
64" / 50 & 55#

Offline Thicket Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
Terry,
 Quit trying to horn in on our action. We had the idea first. If someone sends Jay or me a compound we will refer them to you.

Mark
Please contact K-Kid or Thicket Hunter for Psychological services. We are here to help you. Price of therapy is contingent on the quality of field therapy environment.

Offline Gizzard

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »
This is the email Scott sent me back. I would like to thank him very much. And let everybody know that bows break and that's part of it, I would not hesitate for one second to buy another T-hawk, They are fast, smooth, and he is a great guy.
Thanks a million Scott

:thumbsup:

Gian,

Yes my bows have a five year warranty. Send the bow to me and I will repair it. I assume that it was not dry fired as that is what usually

What causes this kind of failure. In any case go ahead and send it back so repairs can be made as soon as possible. Also please

Include your ph # in case I need to speak with you. You may also call me if you wish my # is 812-837-9340.

I’m very sorry you have had trouble and will get you shooting as quickly as possible.

Scott
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »
ATTABOY
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »
J-Kid & Thicket Hunter, I'm not falling for your mind games. I know the word "compound" is used in word association and operant conditioning tests. You are just trying to get me mad and make me salivate all over myself. I know who Pavlov is! : )

I knew Scott would stand behind his bows. I have a 3-piece takedown and a longbow and love them both. They have stood up to several trips to Alaska with nary a problem. Scott is a very good guy. I was carrying a longbow Scott built on the hunt mentioned in the Traditional Destinations article in the most recent issue of TBM.

Offline Hatchet Jack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
Only $650? That hurt. Glad your ok!! I sure could use the $650 towards the South Dakota hunt Im saving for  :biglaugh:  

Hatchet Jack
UBP MEMBER
UBK MEMBER
GREAT PLAINS RECURVE
55@28

Offline fxe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
Glad you didn't get hurt.Also glad to see the bowyer is going to fix it.  :clapper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©