3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WHAT THE HECK?  (Read 2431 times)

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
WHAT THE HECK?
« on: December 21, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »
Hey this just ain't right.  I was pig hunting last night and it was 64 degrees and it dropped when the sun went down to 41 when I finally got home.

It's 19 with a windchill of 2 degrees F.

I packing my stuff and dog and headed south.  The dang Democrats cure global warming and started an iceage.

How the heck do you north guys hunt in this?

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WHAT THE HECK?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
we are currently 7 deg F with a -17 wind chill

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
I hear ya.  Was planning on going bass fishing again today.  Wrong  :bigsmyl: ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
Wingnut you first have to think like a man crossing the Breing 'land bridge'..... ooh too political!

Boot of choice - size too big, wool insert, wool sock, Webfoots Body Sock, Wool vest, wool sweater,windproof jacket,wool hat,wool fingerless glomitt...maybe we oughta hunt more sheep!

Stay warm, Merry Christmas To All!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
-5 here,don't even know the wind chill............
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »
It's a good day to re-arrange things in the shop. At 2 degrees like it is here right now with a forcasted high of 6 to 10 I'll wait for a better day. Weather man just said wind chill is -16.

Thankfully our antlerless season is open until Jan. 31st and We can still take a Buck up to Dec.31st. There will be better days. I have clothes to keep Me warm but My problem is I can't keep My eyes from watering when it's this COLD.

bretto

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
2 degrees here in Indiana this morning.  Wind chill is -16.  Stay warm everybody!

Offline Charles Sorrells

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »
As soon as I get out of church here in a few hours, about noon, I am strapping on my Sitka Gear and heading to the stand.  

I have been waiting for this in the late season.  This cold will spur on a feeding need and the big boys can't stay locked down in this cold weather.  Heading to an interior feeding source near a bedding area(honeysuckle and briar patch) and waiting.  

Even if you can only take it for a few hours...this is a good day to take a mature whitetail.
"When the Lord is your guide, you never hunt alone."

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »
good clothes and the right mind sset or some will will call that mind set being crazy!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »
Snowing two days straight the warmest it's been is 10 degrees not counting what the wind chill has made the actual temperature. We're expecting another 5-8" of snow this afternoon and another 5-8" tonight with more snow tomorrow.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
Isn't it great, if the weather gets really cold, the Global Warming Lemmings say it's a sign of warming, if it gets really hot, it's a sign of Global Warming. If we have more than usual hurricanes, it's Global Warming, less than normal hurricanes, it's Global Warming. They sure cover their bases don't they ? This has to be the biggest scam ever foisted upon the world.And Al Gore is making millions upon millions off of it.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
its about -4 here at night in Gunnison whats a little chili for an African, locals say it will get a lot colder.
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Taiga Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
All you guys are in a heat wave right now. -3 deg actuall temp with a -29.5 deg windchill here this morning.

The only global warming that takes place is when Al Gore opens his mouth.
"Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye.
Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark!"

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
The other group of climate "scientists" will publish in the next journal that we are headed to a mini iceage!!! I'm old enough to remember this during the 1970's.  Fact is they don't know and cannot prove any of it... It's all about directing lifestyles and of course money!!!

Woke up to 5 degrees with below 0 wind chill.. Yes I do love cold weather.. I lived in Texas and can't believe people live in that heat and humidity...  LOL

Stay warm down there Wingnut...

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
It's currently 19f here and snowing again we got 10 inches friday night and another 6 coming today. We haven't seen snow like this in a few years. Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »
Last week we had a massive ice storm. We lost power for 3 days. Some folks are still without power.  I missed the final weekend of deer season because we were staying with my brother. I did get a chance to go out Monday 12/14 in the afternoon after restarting my furnace and water system which I had drained. Friday we got about 12 inches of snow. Saturday was clean up day though we got at least another inch then. Today, we are due for 8-10 inches more. Wingnut, to answer your question. What I do  in this weather is sit on my recliner and watch TV. I am looking forward to the Pats and then the Celtics. I may stain bow and make some shafts. Technically, it's not Winter yet.  I'm not even going to church. I can deal with the cold but I wait for the snow to stop before heading into the woods. I dress in layers with no cotton t shirt near my skin.  I put on polypro or duo underwear (sometimes both) followed by a sweat shirt and a wool shirt or sweater. If it's windy I'll put on a nylon jacket with a camo shirt over it. I much prefer NH's early season which starts 9/15. Once mid November rolls around keeping warm is a battle. Jawge

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »
-3 here right now with a windchill of -20. The high is supposed to be 6 with the wing blowing around 30-35mph. It wouldnt be so bad except for the 3/4" of ice on top of everything. I went to the woods and left...Way to many limbs falling to feel safe...
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 09:46:00 AM »
Thankfully, I do like snowshoeing and stumping.  :)  Jawge

Offline Rusty Izatt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
Oh I wish it was 19 here. Right now it is -9, not sure with wind chill.
  :campfire:  Hudle close to the fire.

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
I hear ya' JDS3. I remember back in the 70,s. They scared the hell out of people telling them that it would get colder and colder. Now it's hotter and hotter. The proven point is, there's money in scaring dumbasses. The sad thing, if you question them, they tell you the argument is over, it's a proven fact and we should get over it.. Remember the hole in the ozone ? I guess it just healed itself because they no longer claim it to be a problem.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©