3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WHAT THE HECK?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WHAT THE HECK?
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
Well it's really warm here it Ct. right now. 18f.Had 10-12 inches of snow yesterday and another 5-8" expected today.I'm going to write Mr. Gore a letter to express my disappointment.LOL (nut)
Rich Potter

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
-25 here.  Deer are moving pretty good.  Stuck inside with my small kids and dogs though...
Hill

Offline BroMark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
+21F here at my place here in Arkysaw this morning.  I'm planning a hunt in the morning and tonight is supposed to be the coldest night we've had in two years - down in the teens.  Now I know to you bruthas up North that ain't no biggie, but down here it is big news (and really cold for me).  I'm gonna see how long I can sit in a stand in the morning.  If I'm really tough (I'm a cold-weather wimp) I might make it 30 minutes...    :help:
Blood bought - twice born - heaven bound!

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 10:00:00 AM »
I checked mine this morning and I think the remote transmitter froze.  I had -- for an outside temperature display.  Went out and checked it ad it is 8.6*f.

It was just last Saturday that we had a high of 67* at noon and at 7pm it was 20 and still falling.  47* drop in seven hours is a little quick around here.

Dennis

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
Went pheasant hunting the other day and it was neg 1 F. And the wind was a blowin so....   :scared:  
Still had fun.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
-2 this morning like Bretto said and -16 wind chill. I've hunted the last two mornings wearing Sitka's base layers plus poly socks, gloves and face mask. Second layer of heavy winter fleece and heavy wool socks. Third layer of wool pants and jacket and stormy cromer wool hat.

The deer are moving good, Turkey's were gobbling this morning for awhile I liked that. I only set for a couple of hours and would sit mid-day but have a family dinner to go to, maybe tonight.

Tracy  :campfire:    :archer:
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
You boys and girls up North can have your weather. It dropped down into the 20's while I was home hunting and I can say I do not have enough cold weather clothes.

Looks like Grey Wolf Woolens is going to be getting an order from me next year for some insulated Wolfskin. As is a fellow Trad Ganger for some merino wool long johns

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »
last night I sat in a tree stand and after 3 hours had about 2 inches of snow stacked up on my shoulders and hat. i decided to "clean my self" by doing a vigorous shake. Rule # 1 one while hunting in the northland, always look over BOTH shoulders before shaking. All that time in the tree and the one minute I decide to do something stupid, a doe is 20 yards behind me and coming down the trail! Need i say I didn't get my shot!!

i love this time of year all most everyone else is inside watching  foot ball!
Make a life, not a living

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
Strage time in Seattle too.We had 6 3/4" of snow 14 degree temps with 60 mile an hour winds.And then got 6 more inches of snow last night.I wish the darn global warming would get started soon.I'am freezeing my buns off and can't hardly get out of my yard..bowdoc

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
We are a balmy 5 and waiting for a nor'easter to fire up.  You can ignore the data, and certainly question the source of climate change, but there is enough data to indicate change.  Don't worry though it won't effect us to much, it is our children and grandchildren that will deal with the changes.

And the ozone hole is still there, though growing slower due to the law banning cfc's in aerosol cans.  The effects are the increase in skin cancer that are now showing up. Since cfc's take 25 years to hit the ozone and the law went into effect in the 80's hopefully we will see an increase in ozone and corresponding decrease in skim cancer in the next 20 years.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »
I was in Nebraska last week vistitng in laws and was plannning to get some hunting in but.........got up sunday morning it was -8 and wind chill -25.   How is a boy from MS suppose to hunt in weather liked that.   I still went, cold but saw a lot of deer.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Online Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
just got to dress for it

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
High snow and winds here in Michigan. Kinda like the old days. Not being a scientist I guess global warming doesn't have to be about seasonal weather but about global weather /temperature trends. Of course your favorite political view may change what your brain tells you is correct. I hear the Sun still revolves around the Earth
 and we really are the center of the Solar System even in the blizzard!    :campfire:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »
Bowdoc,

Connie flew into SeaTac last night about 7:30 your time during the storm.  I'm headed up tomorrow afternoon.  Already packed my woolies.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »
Its a Balmy 9 degees here. Windchill -10.  I like the cold. Really makes the deer move. Just wish I could get a little of that white stuff.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
Originally posted by Flinttim:
Isn't it great, if the weather gets really cold, the Global Warming Lemmings say it's a sign of warming, if it gets really hot, it's a sign of Global Warming. If we have more than usual hurricanes, it's Global Warming, less than normal hurricanes, it's Global Warming. They sure cover their bases don't they ? This has to be the biggest scam ever foisted upon the world.And Al Gore is making millions upon millions off of it.
Amen to that.
Steve.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
-9 here with -37 wind chill. We are in a blizzard warning (high winds and about 10-11 inches of snow since Friday). The only thing I'm hunting today is another cup of hot coffee!   :campfire:
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
Good morning Tracy.

Chris Surtees, You better get ready if Your going to be stationed at Fort Riley. Not only does it get cold in Manhattan Ks. but the wind NEVER EVER EVER quits blowing.

Stay warm Everyone and have a great day.

bretto

Offline hawksnest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »
Well Mike, I'll be hunting for another cup of coffee in my shop, that's about what I'll hunt today. I used to like winter, snowmobiling and stuff, but now I just wait for spring to come, and build stuff in my shop :-). Merry Christmas to you and yours. Bill G.

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
9 with a -8 windchill.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©