3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cheap target idea  (Read 347 times)

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
Cheap target idea
« on: December 21, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
I thought I would pass this on to anybody that uses a pellet stove.  If you save all the pellet bags stuff them into another pellet bag.  Then stuff them into a burlap bag and tada you have a cheap target that works great for field tips.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cheap target idea
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  It works well - I know for sure - because I do just that since long. Lifespan mainly depends on quality of the outer bag. These make light weight and highly moveable targets, which can be placed everywhere or suspended from a tree etc.
Actually, I get more bags then I can destroy with field points. Putting them infront of my broadhead sand pit, they give up the ghost more rapidly  ;)

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
Thats a great idea! Around here, cardboard boxes never end up in the trash until they've been shot into a thousand pieces.   :bigsmyl:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 02:25:00 AM »
Just about any plastic bag will work. I have 2 bag targets made of burlap filled with old plastic grocery bags. When the bag starts looking a little flat just re stuff it with more recycled plastic bags.

I've even made wooden frames for the bags producing a pseudo 3D target. The burlap bags are sized about the same as a moose and a bear chest. I just made 4 appropriate length "legs" with a cross beam to support the bag and presto instant 3D range.(yes I know they don't really look like a moose or bear but mine where free not $300 a piece and there set up in the back yard.)
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
I built this one. all you need is 1"X6" boards, an old pice of carpet for both sides and lots of bags. make a box with the boards, tack the carpet on and stuff with bags

I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
The poly tarps work well too.After mine have spent a season or two on the wood pile they get folded up and used for bag stuffing.
                              Good Shooting,
                                         Craig

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©