3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tree Stand Camo  (Read 591 times)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tree Stand Camo
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
The predator stuff is good, but I've found this season with the leaves down on most all of our trees the Mossy Oak Treestand camo is ideal.

http://www.mossyoak.com/content/tmpltThumbsArticle.aspx?articleid=1329&zoneid=1&mouid=145
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
I don't worry too too much about my camo...I mainly try to get my stands in trees that have plenty of cover. Normally a single hemlock will suffice if it is in the right place. I also look for multilple trunked trees or trees that grow in a 3 or 4 trunk cluster. Setting a stand in a single trunked tree is, IMO, exposing too much of yourself and doesn't allow for normal movement without being spotted. The only time I ever had camo have an effect on my hunting was when I got some of the Predator Gray.....everything that walked by me saw me.....whether I moved or not. The Predator Brown has worked well as has most other camo patterns that are not too light in contrast to the surroundings, especially at dusk. I find it has been better for me to wear camo that is on the darker side rather than on the lighter side of the light spectrum.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
I would say it sounds like you need to move maybe not much, could be 30 yards just depends.  Those deer come through their regularly after you are gone and they smell everything from where you walked in to where you climbed up the tree.  I have hunted many times in old worn out carheart bibs not 10 feet off the ground and have not been spotted.  I try to almost never hunt the same tree more than 2 timees a week and even that is probably to much.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©