3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Javie adventure begins  (Read 3132 times)

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Javie adventure begins
« on: January 03, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
Well we are putting the finishing touches on loading the trailer and truck and have to drop the dogs off at the doggy spa on the way by.  But in an hour or so we should be on our way.  We are taking it easy this year and going to drive to Tucson in two days instead of one.  Should be spending the night somewhere in NM, I think.

Terry, Bobbie and a friend of Terry's will be meeting up with us in the next couple of days and tomorrow night we pick up our nephew in Tucson.  His name is Jordan and some of you met him a couple years back at MoJam.  Anyway this is his first hunt of any kind ever.  And boy is he excited.

I'm sure there will be some great stories to spin when we get back.  See you guys on or about the 15th.

Mike, Connie and Jason
Mike Westvang

Offline Pasty Face

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Javie adventure begins
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Best of luck

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Good luck and drive safe! Can't wait for the tales!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Safe travels and a great hunt!
hunt it

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Wing... Take NO PRISONERS...Safety in travel.

Beware of Terry's friend he can get quite rowdy   :biglaugh:

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
My friend??... Rowdy??..... Naaah he's from solid stock .......Might have to see if we can pry some inside stories outta him though...   :bigsmyl:  Really looking forward to the team javie get together...Couldn't ask for better folks to share a campfire with.....It's gotten to where I almost look forward to this hunt as much as Sept. Elk...And for anyone who knows how much I love my Elk hunt that's saying a lot........ Terry
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline B n Az

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
2 Days?...You are taking it easy   ;)  

Looking forward to this hunt too.  Every year it seems to be a little different...it doesn't matter who shows up... it's always a great time.  

Be safe on the road!

Bobby
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Offline Dave N./TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
James and Bonnie staying home this year? Good luck on your hunt!!

Dave N/TX
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "WOW, what a ride!!" Unknown Author

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
You are quite an uncle Mike, and congrats to your nephew jordan. I hope he realizes how lucky he is. Be safe and have fun. Alan

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
Joe Javilina is dead meat this year you can bet.  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline T-Mac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
Good luck Mike and have a loads of fun. Thank of us once in a while.
Slow down and enjoy life.  It's not only the scenery you
miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where
you are going and why.
-   Eddie Cantor

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
Ya gotta wonder just what's happening on this ADVENTURE  :knothead:  

Will there be a new Chapter in the upcoming book "MURDER THEY WROTE"

And what are the EATING   :goldtooth:

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 10:37:00 AM »
I know Mickey is having a PB&J if Wingnut is cookin'  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
Good luck Wingnut. I haven't had a shot a a javie yet but have seen quit a few. need one of these to make some sausage for this year. Have a great hunt.
Chort

Offline B n Az

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
Heading out in a few minutes to join the WIngnut clan.  It'll be a few hours til I get there...but that's ok...at least I won't be at work!   :thumbsup:  

Bobby...  :D  all the way!
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 11:50:00 AM »
So what's happin down there in the "LAND of WARM"

Inquiring minds want to know SOMETHING  :bigsmyl:

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
I was wondering the same thing Vance.......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
Kinda tired just got home I'll try to get a story with some pics together in the next couple of days.......One of The High lights of the trip for me was watching a young man on his first AZ hunt get a look at a solid 100" coues buck about 150 yards out and heading right to us and getting within 12 yards of another coues buck......all totaled we saw 11 coues deer that day!!! ( he spotted all of em first but one...    :thumbsup:   ) ........Maybe he will log on here with some details.....    :D    And for Vance..... Food highlights were some Elk and Caribou stew and a home cooked Jambalaya..... I tell ya put Mike and Jason by a fire with their dutch ovens and nobody is gonna go home hungry..... Terry
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline T. Lamb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »
Well, let me tell ya I had an awsome time, great people to camp/hunt with. I couldn't have asked for more during the hunt, then terry took me up  into the high country and it was like christmas all over again, all kinds of coues deer. Let me tell you my heart got a work out, it was pumpin so hard when i saw that 100" headed our way.
    So as terry and I were about to get up and leave I spot a doe headed on the same path as the 100"er. So we plant our butts down and wait and see what happened.  It really felt like it was no time when it passed the junipers and we realized it was a forky. So my heart is starting to pump again it starts our way in just perfect form, then it gets about 30 yards and cuts in front of us. At this point i'm sitting on my butt and need to make an adjustment to get in better position. As the deer puts the one plant i had for cover in between us i start my move. Considering we were in the middle of nowhere it felt like i was making so much noise, but i guess i wasn't, because right as i get positioned that dang deer pops up about 25 yard just at an slight angle from us. At this point i cant believe it is still coming to us. So this is when its get tense! The deer is looking straight at us but hasn't got our sent yet, he takes a couple of steps, stops and looks at us, and right as he he steps into range all i have to do is take my bow and give it to him, he takes two more steps gets our scent and BOING there he goes bouncing down the mountain.  
    I tell ya even though i didn't get the deer it was still just an awsome feeling. I want to thank Mike, Connie, Jason, Bobby, Jordan, and Terry for such an awsome time, My hats off to the cooks that was some amazing cookin. i cant wait to do it again. Thanks ..........Theo

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
Does anyone else think this is totally unfair to me?
My son is off in the land of sun and fun (OK, so it got a little chilly.)stalking Coues deer and I'm stuck in good ole brown and gray Missouri.

It ain't right I tell ya!!

Glad you all had a great time. One day I'm gonna try to horn in.  :thumbsup:    ;)
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©