3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Blind?  (Read 438 times)

Offline Weekend Warrior

• Trad Bowhunter
Blind?
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
Looking for a new blind for next year.. I'm looking at a
ameristep dominator blind  
Double bull .  

Are the double bull blinds worth the extra bucks?

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Blind?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
Guys who owb DB blinds love them. I have a Yukon Tracks blind that I paid $152 shipped and love it. Easy up and down and plenty big for any bow. Seems very durable.
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=059775#000000
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »

Offline blueline

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:19:00 AM »
I like my DB, but you wont go wronge with any IMO. I like the material in the DB, now owened by Primos, It seems to make less noise in the wind...

blueline
Blueline

Mahaska  66" 47 @ 29
Morrison 58" 54 @ 28
Bear grizzly 58" 45@28

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
Check out the Northwoods Outfitters "Hidden Hunter" blind. Made by traditional bowhunters for traditional bowhunters.

Online bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
I for one will not being buying anything from Primos.  I have a Double Bull recurve blind, carbon poles, and a rain fly which I purchased from Double Bull before they were bought.  I called Primos to order a snow cover and they said they were sold out and weren't going to offer them. Another example of the big companies buying out excellent little ones for the profit margin and forgetting about the customer.  I asked them if it ever occurred to them that the fact they were sold out might indicate demand?  Answer: "It wasn't my call."  what a joke!

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
I have a couple of new blinds a Double Bull Darkhorse and Primos Groundmax. Both nice blinds my two favortive blinds I have owned and used over the years. Yes the DB is nicer than the Groundmax the material is better, the widows are better,the hubs are better but it cost alot more so the ground max is nice for the money. I leave the the groundmax setup in the woods sometimes the DB I take home I just can"t leave A $400 Blind alone in the woods and sleep at night.

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
i have two hunters view blinds,plenty of room but one design has tubing and zip ties holding the fiberglass rods in place. doesnt hold its shape well which makes it difficult to set up, the other has plastic blocks for the rods that lock out when opened,i have replaced all 5 blocks twice because they break very easily.both blinds are now relegated to the garage and probably wont see service again. so my advice is whatever you buy make sure the hinge blocks are strong and durable.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline Weekend Warrior

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
Thanks guys I like the ameristep dominator.
I realy like the ap camo plus its 60" Square x 82" Tall
Maximum Hub-to-Hub:  74 "
Backpack Provides Bow/Gun Carrying Attachment*360° shoot through mesh eliminates blind spots
• Removable floor
• Noise free magnetic window curtain
• Patented electronic game call speaker window
• Reflective orange safety system
• Ground skirt helps keep elements out, scent in
• Three sealed camera ports
• Blind shelf for keeping gear in close reach
• 8 replaceable shoot-through mesh windows
• Stubble pockets for ultimate concealment
• Stakes and high-wind tie-down ropes
• Pack dimensions: 8” square x 53” long
• Weighs 27 lbs.
The only thing is the 27 # weight Plus my double bull chair.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
Hidden Hunter Blinds are made right here in Michigans Upper Peninsula. They're the quickest blind to set up and take down that you'll find. It's available in three patterns.

click on the demo link. The first blind in the video is their 5X5 gun blind. The 6X6 is the bowhunting blind.

http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
This may look cold but I stayed warm out of the wind during this U P December hunt.

Here's my Woodland Green Hidden Hunter blind in November set up near a runway in the pines.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©