3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 300 extreme test run  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 300 extreme test run
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
Hunt it, you may be right my friend, this it a fine broadhead and there really good looking.

Cost is relevant, My gram-pa use to say before he died, " Cheep is to expensive" I thought he was going senile, but he was right, if you buy cheep and it's junk, you now have to go out and buy the good stuff and through out the junk, so you payed for the junk & the good stuff, he would tell me just buy the good stuff and you'll save money.

Asgeir, thanks for explaining the manufacturing process, this reminds me of the Can-Am motorcycle from the 70's.

I would really like to put these heads to the test, it got dark on me with this hog or I would of shot it a few times in the shoulder to see the results.

Leatherneck, 3"x4 with the EFOC you don't need a lot to steer it in the back, it just adds drag and makes more noise, I tried just 2x3" and it flew fine out to 50yds with a 300 grain broad head.

I want to do some more testing with it before I hunt with it, it was dead quit and flew a lot flatter, I might try 2x4" to give just a little extra.

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
Are you going to use these on future elk hunts?

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
I might have to buy some to stimulate the CA economy.  :mad:  

Nice work KWB.    :thumbsup:
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
I'm shooting 47# @ 26" I like the 300 bh @565 to 600 grain I get great penetration and in the 160's FPS. I know that it shoots though deer, I got to think it would make a bad day for an elk also. I have been playing with lighted nock, It makes finding and retreiving arrows much easier.

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
Great pictures and story.  Well done.

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the info....nice hog.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
So where does a guy get his hands on some of those bad boys!!!
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by bohuntr:
So where does a guy get his hands on some of those bad boys!!!
Bobby's got'um
 http://www.morrisonarchery.com/html/broadheads.html

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »
Ya know, I forgot about the field points, they are the Bomb, I was using a 190 wood field point mounted on ether 125gn or 100gn steel broadhead adapter = 315gn or 290gn, now who else has a 300 grain field point, this thing is indestructible also

Guys I'm not trying to sell anything here, I'm just telling it like it is.

However, when I see something I think is a quality product I want to pass on the information, like so many of you have done for me.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »
Just remember when you say, "you get what you pay for", that you are not relegating other heads to being inferior because that is not the case.   The term has been misused so many times it is pathetic.

It's assuredly a great head, but it is not the only head, nor is it probably the best head, relatively speaking.  So in the heat of the moment of your ephiphany, don't sell all of the others down the road 8^).  

I just bought six Grizzly 160 grain, and if I don't lose any of them, they will probably last a lifetime as well.  Smoke em' if you got em'.

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
George, you need to hunt more my bother, this last me about a month, LOL just kidding.

I lose about a Dz per year, some times more.

That's why I want to blow through every thing, I hate it, when they run with my arrow sticking out.

The broadhead is usually sticking out the off side and gets snapped off, never to be seen again.

90% of my hunting is on the ground, I think I could change those numbers from a tree stand, for one, my shots would be a lot closer, and with the new stuff I been cooking up from Doc. Ashby's reports, I hope, I never have an arrow stay in an animal.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
We have the 300 grain field points also.  You're right they are much handier, I was building points like you were to get to 300.  These are much better!
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »
Right on Timothy, I forgot about chu

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
I think a lot of folks on here with strong opinions need to hunt more.  Good pictures King !  I think hogs are rougher on heads and arrows than anything else. Good Shooting ! Like that bow !
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
Opinions are good, but should be recognized as such...opinions.   I think I hunt a good bit, but we don't have hogs, or opossum on the half-shell, or deer around every tree; besides which, we are only allowed one buck and one doe per year under normal circumstances.  So I guess I'm a lot easier on broadheads by design.  

hogdancer...my first response was more to the "you get what you pay for" phrase than the head itself.   That phrase is worn out, misused and mostly misunderstood.  I get what I pay for with the Grizzly broadheads and Bears.

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by hogdancer:
  I think hogs are rougher on heads and arrows than anything else.  
Agree the only time I've ever put a nick in a blade on a SilverFlame was from a hog shoulder.

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »
whats the cutting dia. of the 300x?  thanks, im real interested in this head.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
I just wanted to add Kustom King also is also  carrying the 300 Xtreem and the 300 fiedpoints I don't think they are on the online catalog yet, but they have them.
In January we will have the 1st looks at the small game Stomper in 300 grains, Yes I know you don't need 300 grains to take a rabbit, But if your shooting ground hog, rabbits, leaves with 300 gr. You should not have a problem shooting big stuff with the serious Xtreem.

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by deermaster1:
whats the cutting dia. of the 300x?  thanks, im real interested in this head.

Offline tiur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
Hello to you all, you cant measure 3 blade as shown,ok lenght 2 7/8" DIA 1 1/32 .
Nice pics again, thanks David
Asgeir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©