3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 300 extreme test run  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 300 extreme test run
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
size has to do with what size hole would the BH fall though. 1 1/32", Length is what King has shown.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
I just wanted to add Kustom King also is also  carrying the 300 Xtreem and the 300 fiedpoints I don't think they are on the online catalog yet, but they have them.
In January we will have the 1st looks at the small game Stomper in 300 grains, Yes I know you don't need 300 grains to take a rabbit, But if your shooting ground hog, rabbits, leaves with 300 gr. You should not have a problem shooting big stuff with the serious Xtreem.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »
Thanks for that info Bob as I was wondering what I'd do when I'm out hunting as I like to stump shoot to keep my eye in whilst on the stalk. I was hammering my brain how to get a judo up to 300 grains ...lol.

AK.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
Here's my opinion: You get what you pay for! George, my opinion is that these are the best broadheads out there. If all you want is Grizzly's and you love em and they work for you great. But I'm going to pay twice as much for these babys and I think there twice as good. Just my opinion. The you get what you pay for term is generally used to define top end products, I think it suits the 300xtreme to a T. Nobody's knocking the other broadheads.
hunt it

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
It really looks great, and this is from a big 3bl. fan. I love my Snuffer and WW, but I can def. see a place for these with big boar hogs,and big,tough thick skinned critters.

How are the tips holding up now? Last year in TX Bob Walker shot through a doe wt like butter,but the arrow hit a rock after passing through and the tip needed a lot of work to be shootable again....

Like someone said earlier,in the long run,even at the price of these,it's pretty cheap....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
Guru, this is the 300Xtreme after it went through the hog, as you can see mostly dirt, which is  rare here, mostly rock with a little dirt.

As I examen this head, I like the 3 sided fluting it has all the way to the front, it looks like it can take a lot of punishment and keep on going.

One of the things I don't like about 3blades is the reaction the animal does after the hit, my experience is they go into flight mode right away, until there along way off, then settle down.

With this 1-1/32 dia. this hog just walked off, I don't think he knew he was hit, and I like that.

The arrow blew through him so fast there was minimal reaction from him.

I have found out from some of the larger 3 blades, it has to push to much tissue to get through, I also think the vents grab tissue, and causes a much greater response from the animal.

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »
The head Bob Walker had last year was one of the proto types, I'm pretty sure it was before the Tano point.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
KWB, very interesting observations/analyis of the effect of a 3 blade on game. Somthing to think about for sure.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
what i like about this head is it doesn't have the vents like the WW and snuffers, prob aids penetration and nice and easy to clean, and helps eliminate the whistling you get with the vented heads.
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing.    :thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
Bob Morrison ,

Just curious. I shoot a 42 pound recurve with aluminum arrows and my total arrow weight is 550 grains with a 150 grain screw-in Wensel Woodsman broadhead at the business end of the arrow. This gives me 13 grains per pound. My bow at 42 pounds is too light to shoot these 300 grain broadheads since this would give me a 700 grain arrow. Do you have any plans for a 150 grain Extreme broadhead? I like the idea of no vents and wished my WW broadhead had no vents.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
Too bad they aren't 1/8" wider. Not legal here in Alberta. I've always liked a 3-blade. They look like the ultimate. A little too pricy for me.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2008, 03:39:00 AM »
I have 7 of these heads and I really like them. I hope to take a Guam hog soon with one. I need a good hole for tracking in the thick jungle. I have been using some old Mohawk MagI 4 blades and they do a number on hogs but I like the weight of the 300xtreme. They are also going to Africa with me in June 2010 so we shall see how they do on Kudu,Bushbuck,Eland,Nyalla and Waterbuck if I am lucky enough to take all of them. 29 1/2" AD Trad Heavys and Carbon Tech Rhinos for my arrows.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
Brooks Johnson said that the DB 360 was made for the person who can afford to pay $400 for a blind.  I see the same thing happening with the 300 Xtreem and the Ashby broadheads.  I understand the reasoning behind it but I can't afford to support it.  I would love to have this broadhead, albeit a little lighter in weight, but I just can't justify paying for 1 broadhead what I can pay for 6 time-tested and hunt-proven broadheads.  I just wish that whenever something new and great is introduced to the world it isn't priced for a small percentage.  It just doesn't sound like good marketing.  I realize I can't get everything at Wally World but come on, I would like to have a taste, too.
Martin Savannah Longbow 50# @ 29"
Martin Savannah Stealth 55# @ 28"
Griffin Takedown 52# @ 28"
Easton Bloodline 330

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
I wouldn't think he is charging too far above what he makes a slight profit on.  And giving away something below cost isn't good business, either.  With the R&D, manufacturing, and limited market,  I'm sure it's hard to get the cost down.  Economy of scale, in the sense of limited scale.  Now, if all of us on Tradgang would buy 6, we would probably see a substantial reduction in cost.    :D  
I personally would like to see  Morrison bows at a third the price, but if they were, would they still be Morrison bows?  
Not meaning that cost makes an item better, but that time and materials and customer service do, and that is what you pay for.

Offline TradOnly

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Life Insurance Agent
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
It was never my intention to say that anything is too expensive.  If you really think about it nothing is really too expensive.  It all depends on how much a person is willing and able to spend.  I could buy a Bentley; I just wouldn't be able to buy anything else.  I could buy one 300 Xtreem or a 6-pack of Woodsman's.  I simply wish I, myself, could justify the purchase.  Example:  I want to hunt moose.  It is much more cost effective to hunt moose in Vermont than in Canada.
Martin Savannah Longbow 50# @ 29"
Martin Savannah Stealth 55# @ 28"
Griffin Takedown 52# @ 28"
Easton Bloodline 330

Online Adirondack Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
Oh no, I was plannig on using them on a        Spring bear hunt in Albert  .   Gun,are you sure they're illegal in Alberta?

Offline tiur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »
What is the minimum legal dia.on broadheads in Alberta? - this head is 1 1/32 dia.

Morrison 14" ILF 56" 54lbs
300 xtreem / 650grain
Oh so smooth, worth every penny.

ASL

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
Tiur, That's some "BAD" medicine you got right there    :archer:

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gun:
Too bad they aren't 1/8" wider. Not legal here in Alberta. I've always liked a 3-blade. They look like the ultimate. A little too pricy for me.
This is from there website in Alberta, they are legal in Alberta

Persons hunting big game must use an authorized bow and an authorized arrow. An authorized bow is one that is held, drawn and released by muscular power and has a draw weight of not less than 18 kg (40 lb.). This is the number of kilograms (pounds) required to draw an arrow of 71 cm (28 in.) to its head. An authorized arrow is one that is not less than 61 cm (24 in.) in length that has a tip that bears a head that is not intentionally designed to resist being withdrawn after it has penetrated an object. Furthermore, it must either have a solid, sharp cutting head of at least 7/8 inch in width, or a head that, when the arrow impacts, opens to present sharp cutting edges at least 7/8 inch in width.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©