3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Are you a one bow or many bow type?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Are you a one bow or many bow type?
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
I'm a one bow kind a guy.... well I only shoot one at a time!  ;)
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »
I shoot one bow all the time, until I decide that there is another one that I might like better.  I've owned at least 20 different recurves trying to find that "one better."  Maybe it's me, hmmm. . .
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
I watch the classifieds like looking for work.Im trying real hard not to give into temptation.If I could just get rid of that short bow itch.  :knothead:

Offline Romans3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
I only own one bow so that's easy. Hope to make that two someday soon. we'll see what funds come in as Christmas gifts!
"conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ" Phil. 2:27

Offline jasonbker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »
Honestly I've been a bow a holic...  I shot 1-longbow from age 16 years until 2003...  After discovering Tradgang in 2003...I have traded over 30 custom bow... Yes it's crazy... I currently shoot 1-bow and love it... I shoot a Bobby Lutkenhaus double carbon glass free R/D longbow... Its a 40 pounder and smokes an arrow @ 30"... I shoot more consistent with one bow compared to frequent changes...  www.predatorlongbows.com    
Jason   :)
JHB

Offline jlnft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
I have ten bows, divided down the middle between recurves and longbows. I'm more of a longbow guy........right now! I only shoot one during hunting season.

The way I look at it. " They ain't eatin' nothin', so why get rid of any of 'em!!"  :thumbsup:  

Joe
God is good all the time, all the time God is good!!

Offline longbow1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »
I have over 40 custom bows, but only shoot one per season. As soon as I take an animal with that bow, I hang it up and move on to the next bow. Merry Christmas to all.
PBS ASSOCIATE MEMBER
NJ TRADITIONAL ARCHERS MEMBER

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
19 bows. 10 keepers, the rest trading fodder to keep shooting "more" different bows.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
2 longbows, 2 recurves, and a couple of old wheelies.  I love them all!

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
I think I have about 20. I don't shoot them all equally in terms of time, but I do shoot about 10 of them on a reasonably regular basis.  I'll be selling/trading a few after the first of the year in an effort to thin the herd, but even so, I'll likely always be a double-digit bow gal!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
Golly one bow! Not me I had about 40 one time only shot about 5 ...Now I have 2 bows...longbows..Merry Christmas trad buds and gals!!!!marco#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
Im down to one bow a Liberty English. As soon as funds allow I want a HH Cheetah. I would be happy with two bows I think?
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »
Jon,

I bought a new Bear Kodiak Magnum (50# @ 28")  about 1972.  It was the only bow I hunted with until I had to retire it a couple of years ago.  It got damaged in a moving truck.  Since then I've acquired a Tomahawk Thunderstorm (50# @ 28").  As long as it doesn't get damaged, I expect I won't need another.
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
I'M a believer in  only 1 bow !!!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline Lost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2008, 05:40:00 AM »
I usually have several and will shoot them all in the spring and summer months. But come Sept. I'm narrowing it down the my hunt bow and a back up. This year the Welch Dakota got the nod for my hunting bow with a Morrison curve as a back up.
I very pleased with the power, duribility and shootibility of the Welch bow. In the past Morrison has always been my go to hunting bow.
It's a confidence thing with me and by season opener I'll have the utmost confidence in my set up.
jack-er back and let-er fly

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »
I have several [25+]Customs, both recurve and LB 1 pc. and T/D............That said, I love the choices my collection allows.  With 3 more comming in the mail.

However my Griffin's, 60" 1 pc. 61@ 28 and a 2 pc. T/D 60" 55@28 [ my back up] seem to be the only ones that see time in the woods. I shoot them well, they fit my hand so nice, quiet, & fast.  Can't wait to get my hands on the Griffin 59'r that will be added soon I expect it will also be a "Keeper".

I spent thousands to find the "right bow".  I'll stick with them and in the future probably sell everything with the exception of my Silver Tip and a beautiful long bow another TG'r built me as a gift. Thank's for that one Curt!!

Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
I use only one bow during hunting season this year is is a Bear T/D last year it was my RER.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
I only have 1 bow, a DH Mamba recurve. I am waiting for a tip that won't be delivered until May.
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Gapmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
I own a whole bunch of them. My problem is kinda weird. I love taking a new bow and working with it till I get a really good flying arrow, then I like to put it away and move on to the next bow. It's a strange habit I know, but there is something about the challange of tuning a bow to shoot an arrow well that I like. I may never launch an arrow at an animal with any of them, but I sure like seeing just how good I can get them to shoot.  :)  Don
"Just passing through"

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
I own both recurves and longbows, but seem to consistently reach for the longbow. Mostly, I hunt and shoot 3D with my Wesley Special from Hill, and secondarily with my Kolomi from Lynn Harrelson.  There is just something special about a longbow.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©