3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is your camping set-up?  (Read 672 times)

Offline bearfootin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is your camping set-up?
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by rtherber:
Pic of the tent deployed on the Switchback.
  http://he-ruide.smugmug.com/gallery/6611859_Fpsu3#421397675_VdWpJ-A-LB  
Now that is a cool way to go camping
GIT -R- DONE

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »
I have a nice little cabin on my hunting property here in Wisconsin.  But when I head out this is my abode.

For me, there is just something magical about a canvas camp.  It takes a bit longer to set up than a camper, but not bad.  It is large enough to have a couple of cots and still room for chairs and a small table inside.  We have a woodburner for heat and it makes for an extremely comfortable camp.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
I camped for over a month prior to archery elk season in CO in this oversized tentcot with cheap tarp overhead. I cooked off the tailgate of the truck. I was moving every couple of days flyfishing  and wanted to have a quick,easy, mobile setup. Worked perfect-added my air mattress,sleeping bag,and pillow inside the tentcot and slept comfortable-temps as low as 30s.

Offline john fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
Pronghorn23
That is why we went with the Chalet.  It is a hard sided pop-up that stores low for travel.  It is not bear proof, but a lot better than canvas.  We liked the low store feature because it was not affeceted by side wind much. We traveled in eastern Washington a lot, often going to the folks place in Montana.  We saw many full size trailers in the ditch along I-90 that had blown over in the strong winds. The other thing was we lived in the Seattle area at the time.  I did not have a garage big enough to pop up the trailer, and it seemed that it would rain nearly every time we camped.  I knew a lot of people who had canvas or fabric pop-up trailers, and many of them rotted out early becasues it was so hard to get them dry in Seattle.  Oh and the smell of that mildew - yecchhh
Instructor BSA NCS certified

Offline rtherber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
The Chalet and Aliner campers aren't as spacious as the pop ups but they are quick to set up,take down, and heat,cool faster. Here is a pic of my old 70's version of a Chalet-all plexiglass and aluminum- Richard(pictured) especially liked how the furnace in it would almost run you out.

Offline Raven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
Great looking camps! For just hunting around home I camp out of my 18ft Tipi set up in our side yard in an opening in the woods.  :)  I stay in it starting on Fri nights untill sunday. Love having a camp fire next to my bed, just have to reach out of bed to put more wood on the fire.  :thumbsup:

Offline wingnut-tdy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
This is our camp with the small kitchen.  Big kitchen is 10x20 with 2 stoves, oven, grill etc.

Tent is 16x20x5 with a 5 dog stove.  Comfy for 5 hunters.

Mike

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
11,500 feet

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »
:biglaugh: Grey Buffalo I have the same tend since 91, I love it and hunt the Colorado wilderness nice to hear you again, Felix
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Trooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
It's not what you kill but how you hunt...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©