3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: your all time favourite go-to bowhunting binocular?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: your all time favourite go-to bowhunting binocular?
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
I don't usually buy optics at Walmart but one day I was there and noticed a pair of Leopold Mesa Compact 8X23's on clearance for $75 so I bought them with the intention of probably taking them back.That's been 4 months ago and I still have them and use them everytime I hunt.They're pretty good in thick cover and light enough to use "one-handed".
"Right Wing Extremists"....has a nice ring to it don't it?

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
Nikon Monarch 10x42's...Had them for probably 8 yrs? Use the bino harness, feel naked when I forget them in the truck, whether bowhunting, turkey hunting, or just hiking or shedhunting!!!  If I cain't tear em up, they gotta be good!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline lucznik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
Leupold Golden Ring 8x42.  

They're a tad bit on the heavy side (33 ounces) but, that little bit of extra weight really helps stabilize the image.

No one can hold a candle to Leupold's Golden Ring Warranty.  Not just for its no-fault transferable nature but more especially, because of its many decades worth of unimpeachable warranty service.

Others offer similar warranties on paper but, until they can point to a similar amount of time honoring their warranty, they'll remain followers, not leaders of the pack.
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

Offline Mulberry River

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
After a lot of research, I chose Nikon Monarch 8x42. Portability, price, clarity, light transmission, guarantee, etc.  I don't know that you can find their equal near the price.  Check out the recent (in the last 18 months?) article about binos in either Traditional Bowhunter or American Hunter.  Good luck,  Dan
Some night you're gonna wind up on the wrong end of a gun...Vince Gill

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »
Have a pair of Steiner 7X35 wide angles. Had them for years and great glasses for the price I paid for them. You don't have to waste time focusing them when you need to take a quick look. Always wanted a pair of 6X30's but when I finally made my mind up to buy a pair they discontinued them. Always thought the 6X30's would be perfect for thick Whitetail cover, small and lightweight. Sierra Trading Post has 8X30 Steiner Predators right now for $169.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©