3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any one shoot in your house  (Read 1659 times)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any one shoot in your house
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »
Thanks Blind one haven't had one for a few years but had two in the same week that week.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »
I'd love to shoot in the "house," but it's only 596 square feet total and less than 10 yards longest interior range. Not even a blue grouse will let me get that close. But then, it's a way to keep the muscles tuned. But I'm old and dumb and just shovel the snow off the outdoor targets and do it that way. But you gotta shoot good in winter in the Rockies ... or wait till spring to find your snow-buried arrows. Seriously, I sure wish I did have an indoor range. dave

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
I have a door bought at Home Depot and painted before I realized that it was too small.  It's a six panel- six eight- two eight door already primed for those who shoot down the hall.  U PU and I'll make you a deal!  LOL

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
doug g did'nt mention the full body wolf mount he has in his store, I have been sorely tempted!
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
Oh yeah.  Basement is 77 ft long from one end to the other.  I get a nice 25 yd shot with 2 feet to spare.  I could get 30 yds corner to corner but the furnace would be in grave danger.
Otto

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »
I just hit the jackpot my grandma told me I could shoot in her basement it's a good 10 yd shot.
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline doug g

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
Rick, I now know we will be shooting on the far aisle from now on! And don't even think about the caribou!
TGMM

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
I can get 15 yds. by opening up the door to the garage and shooting down the hall from the kitchen sink. I use my commercial layered foam target, backed up by a sheet of 1/2" particle board.

Note: The particle board will not completely stop a field tipped arrow out of my 51# recurve, but it will keep the arrow from going through the garage door and into the radiator of my wife's truck!
Chuck

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »
Dang Doug, I forgot about that Caribou!  We could set up a really sweet 3D course in there!
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Mr.Chuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:00 PM »
I have 20 yds in my rec room we just added on last year. I get another 5 yds if I open the door to the garage!  I shoot all the time, as long as I warn the wife!  lol

Offline sharps4590

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2008, 07:36:00 AM »
Had I left my basment unfinished I could have a 25 yard shot....but I needed an office and Momma needed a craft room and canning kitchen....sooo....I only have a 13 yard shot thru the shop door into the basement garage.  I shoot a bag and a block.

Vic
There is no right way to do a wrong thing

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »
I have around a 7 yard shot in my office.  We do a lot of chrono testing here, and I do a lot of practicing.  I use two of the Wally World 4x4 targets; the one on the bottom is worn out and I used it to get the second one up to a good height.  The one on top is unusually resilient; I've had it for over two years now.  It takes a beating.
"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
No one shoots in the house except me  :saywhat:
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
Cody in my last house in New York, I used to shoot from the Dining Room through the door in the kitchen and down through the play room and into the target in the gargage.  The distance was 18 yards and it was cool. I was only able to do that when I was single as soon as I got married. Like all good things it came to a quick end. My wife reminded me that one miss and I was dead, It was safer to stop shooting indoors after that warning. I never missed before but after that warning my nerves couldn't handle the threat!

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »
Almost forgot,I used a block target placed against the concrete wall in the garage

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
18 yrds in the basement,  I've got a rhinehart 18 in 0ne target that I shoot into..with an occasional one in the concrete

Offline pitbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »
15 yards from living room, through the kitchen, into the back bedroom, into a Morrell's square shooter.

Offline wisconsin wood butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »
15yards no obstuctions in the basement unless i move to the east and put the heavy bag in there for fun.

Offline KYArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
10-11yds in basement, not much distance but its shoot'n. I shoot into a bag target with a bouble layer of carpet behind it.
                         KY  :archer:

Offline joeare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
I shoot in my bedroom - about 3 yards - no kidding. I use a Rinehart cube, it is a very reliable stopper and lasts lots of shots. Though I cannot learn the trajectory with this short distance you can really focus on your technique. I only use tough carbon arrows for that.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©