3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Does anyone use a golf glove?  (Read 368 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Does anyone use a golf glove?
« on: December 24, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
Does anyone use a golf glove as a shooting glove? I tried it the other day and I liked it. Seems like it would be pretty nice for hunting, being a full hand glove and all. Any thoughts?

Offline SL

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Does anyone use a golf glove?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
I've used them for a few years. Lately I've gone to a very loose grip on my bow so I havent needed the tack the glove provides.
SL

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
Roger, I use a full hand glove most of the time for shooting.  Though it is not a golf glove I shoot with a non inuslated deer skin glove that I get from Two Bears Trading Company in Grand Haven.  I am sure you have seen Two Bears (Ernie Marvin) at GLLI and possibly some other shoots around the state.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
Thanks...now, I'm talking about using one as a shooting glove, rather than a conventional glove or tab. I tried it recently, and liked it. I just wondered about the durability?

Offline Toxophilite

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
They make great light-weight shooting gloves... Just the right amount of "feel" and warm enough for recreational shooting in cool weather.
There is also a light weight camo glove out there that's a lot like a golf glove that help camo out your hands when the weather's too warm for real gloves.
I'm only as good as my first shot.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
Roger, I use the deer skin gloves as a shooting glove as well.  They hold up great if you use a "tie-on" nock point.  The brass nocks seem to tear them up a little quicker if you shoot split finger.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline john fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
I use skin tight deerskin gloves on both hands when I shoot my 'primitive' self bows.  There is no arrow rest so that helps my left hand.  I use artifical sinew string so it is overall a little thicker than a B-50 string so I do not need a tab or shooting glove.  The deerskin gives enough protection for the fingers and yet a smooth release.  Fot my conventional longbows or recurves I use tabs or archery glove.
Instructor BSA NCS certified

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
I have when shooting  my self bow  BUT I wore it on the bow hand to protect myself from feather injury! Worked really well.
Make a life, not a living

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
i use a black "rain" golf glove for bowfishing.works great but i like my traditional 3finger glove for my dry land shootin.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
I have a pair of new camo "mechanix" gloves I've been wanting to try for shooting.Never tried golf gloves but sounds like a good one to try as well.   :thumbsup:
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©