3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: the start of a hunting season - ILF  (Read 599 times)

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: the start of a hunting season - ILF
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
Trashwood: I really hear you. Back when I was cutting my teeth in this sport and then after college it seemed everyone shot field archery. Four arrows at 19 target from 10 feet to 80 yards. Everyone seemed to know how to tune their equipment. If a shot was missed most of us could tell by where the arrow hit what we did wrong. Not only was my shooting more consistent  I was a much better judge of yardage. I think that if more trad bowhunters were more serious about their scores and competed more, then a lot of the questions that are often raised here would be second nature to many. I also think that when the 3D shooting started it was fun to shoot at a life like target and there is definitely a place for it. But for many it is the only competition they do and they do not get the opportunity to correct a shooting problem by shooting more arrows  before they are off to shoot another target. I really miss field archery...it made me a much better shot.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Montyc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
I shoot all year, in my basement in the winter, and outside in the back yard, and at various traditional shoots throught the summer.  Usually shooting with friends, or the brothers.  We always have some friendly competition, either individually, or in teams.  We do it as fun, it is not a serious competition.  More just for braggin rights.  I think it does help during hunting time, because your use to having the excitement, or pressure if you will, to make a good shot when you need to.  I have never kept scores based on a score card, and do not think I ever will.  It is more about having fun, spending time with good friends, and hopefully improving your shooting at the same time.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Vince Lombardi

Trashwood, I believe they can and do coexist, Oh! by the way, I always use my hunting rig, 63lb 60" Habu shooting a 650grain arrow

State record since 1999

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©