3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Northern bushbow 1.75" vs 1.5" limb ?  (Read 422 times)

Offline TJ Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
Great Northern bushbow 1.75" vs 1.5" limb ?
« on: December 27, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
Up until about 6yrs ago (I might be wrong on the number of years) GN made their bushbows with 1.75" wide limbs. Then they changed to 1.5" wide limbs. How do the two limbs compare to each other? Are the wide limbs more resistant to torque? Are the narrow limbs slightly faster? Any idea why they changed the limbs? If you had the choice between a wide limb or a narrow limb bushbow which would you choose?

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Northern bushbow 1.75" vs 1.5" limb ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
I just had one reduced in weight so mine are narrow.Give them a call at the shop and they will be happy to tell you anything you want to know. They do great work and the customer service is excellent. Oh, I'm really happy with mine, smooth, silent and it likes a heavy arrow.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Great Northern bushbow 1.75" vs 1.5" limb ?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 10:51:00 PM »
I would think the wide limbs, because they're thinner back to belly, would be less resistant to torgue than the narrower limbs, which will be a little thicker for the same poundage.  Standard limb width on a lot of longbows is 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 inches.  1 1/2 inches seems wide enough for a glass laminated flatbow.  But, as Ron said, talk to Jerry at Great Northern about it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©