3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My daughter and SIL's new Christmas bows (w/pics)  (Read 301 times)

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
My daughter and SIL's new Christmas bows (w/pics)
« on: December 27, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
Thanks to NO and Bushytail for their part of the joy.

My son in law started shooting my old bow about two months ago.  He has stuck with it and is a pretty fair shot now but he needed his own bow.  I knew he was saving for a bow but I also knew it would take a while before he had enough money to get one.  

This is where No and Bushytail came in.  They both had bows for sale and at a price I could afford.  They also knew I was under a time crunch and did everything in their power to get the bows to me on time.  Thank you so much guys.   :knothead:    Out comes the Pearson and she was stunned.  Josh didn't say anything but I could tell he was let down.    :(    I waited about 30 seconds and went and got Josh's bow.  

He unwrapped it and the smile was priceless.  I bet he pulled that bow back at least 30 times in the next hour.  It was too dark to shoot and I could see it was eating away at him.  I asked if he was going to wait until he got back from visiting his grandfathers house before he tried it.  He said no way he was taking it with him.   :archer:  

The next morning I got this email from my daughter and I think you will know how happy it made me feel.

Hey I just wanted to let you and Dad know that I got up this mourning and shot my long bow for a while.  I love it!  I can shoot off the feather rest just fine but would also like to learn how to shot it off my knuckles using that glove Dad showed me last night.  Josh got up about 7:30 or 8 and shot his bow until right before he had to be at work.  I just wanted to let you both know that we love our gifts and thank you very much.  We will take pictures in Mountain Home and I will post them as soon as we get home.

Love you Guys,
Merry Christmas,
Stephanie
and
Joshua
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline draco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My daughter and SIL's new Christmas bows (w/pics)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »
That's just a great thing you did. Good relations with son in laws are hard to have. Your lucky you got a new hunting buddy out of the deal.

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My daughter and SIL's new Christmas bows (w/pics)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
Finally got them here this morning to shoot some with the old man.

Safety meeting. ( Don't put any holes in the old man's storage shed)

Steph with her Pearson

The old man works up some mojo for Josh

The mojo works.  The old man is pleased

Not to be outdone the old man shows his stuff

USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©