3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Attn: European hunters  (Read 202 times)

Offline BAO

• Trad Bowhunter
Attn: European hunters
« on: December 29, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »
Ok, I just did a really good thing but need help.  I decided to cancel a hunt in Namibia in order to go to Tuscany with my wife and daughter.  My wife's brother(lots of money!) has invited us to spend time with his family in the villa he is renting.  Now this is going over really well with my wife but I hate to go anywhere if I do not get the chance at some outdoor activity that could inclue putting holes in critters.  According to my research, bowhunting is allowed in Tuscany.  My problem is this...how do I find out what is available and other important details?  Can any of you TGers help?  Thanks

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Attn: European hunters
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
I couldn't tell you but be careful. Many European nations allow compounds but not traditional archery. So I've heard anyway.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
You should be able to find everything you need   HERE  on the EBA website. Also, try a few posts on   HERE  
A couple of things I do know, however;

1.) You'll need an IBEP card to get your permit
2.) It's hellish expensive!

It's actually cheaper for a lot of us Europeans to travel to the US than to hunt in Europe!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Michl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
Bowhunting is allowed in Hungary,Italia,Spain,Chech Rep. and some other.
I never heard that trad. bowhunting is forbitten there.
Bowhunting(trad. and comp)is forbitten in Germany,Slovenia,Austria and many other countries.
Border CH 64" 42@28
Black Widow PSAV 58" 50@27
Rainy Day RC 62" 40@28

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
Here's a sample of afew prices I've had. Bear in mind that these are ONLY trophy fees & daily guide rates can go from €75 to €250+ per hunter, per day!

Pigs (Wild Boar) €8 per kilo

Roe Deer
Young (1 year old) €150
Doe €300
Buck €500

Fallow Deer
young €150
Doe €200
Buck €650+

MOUFLON
Young €150
ram €18/cm of horn

Goose
€18 each

Most European countries go by the antler size in weight for the larger spp. of deer (red, sika, Fallow). A lot of places also charge for the smaller spp. by the gram (ie. roe, a lot of European countries do not have Muntjac or CWD).

Hard horned animals are normally sold per cm, and over a certain size per mm! (ie Chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra), Mouflon (or pigs/boar which are sometimes sold by the KG also)

Fallow in Europe are also sometimes sold by the width X length of the palmation.

Lots to think about!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
canceled hunt in Namibia    :scared:  

hunting in Europe is very expensive so much so its really not worth it to travel there to hunt with trad gear "certainly nothing like you'd ever see in Africa" like Rob says we'd rather/cheaper come hunt the US

check the links Rob gave you and look into getting your IBEP done

all the best
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©