3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bubble under bows glass Pics added  (Read 702 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bubble under bows glass Pics added
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
Oh yeah I would return it asap.That is seperation in the layers of the fiberglass.That is not an air bubble or any problem with the finish but a very small blemish in the fiberglass.No repair for that one.bd

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
Not Cool at all.  Thanks Bowdoc
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad
"Memories before merchandise!"

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
Yeah, after the pics, if they appeared after you got it...not good

Offline CaptJack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »
Partners TD / Quinn Stallion

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
BH sorry for not getting back to you sooner.Here's a pic of another clear glass bow I have in my shop.Those are seperations in the clear fiberglass.The clear has not debonded from the corewood but rather is seperations in the clear glass itself(defective).At some point the clear will fail right there sooner or later.If you can I would return the bow.Problem with the one I have hear sent for repairs ? The bowyer will not step up to the plate and make good.The bow is less then 5 months old and was shot 6 times before the delamination in the glass happend.
If I were the owner of the bow in my shop you better believe I would have already posted the bow builders name all over the net.However this is my customers 3rd and final bow from that bowyer.He will never purchase from them again.To bad they lost a really good customer too.bowdoc

Offline Hogtamer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
Tim, I'd send them back now and hope to get new ones in time for next season...good luck and the best to you and your family.  I do keep up with ya'll from your wife's blog

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
I called him and his wife said he was out taking care of animals and would call me back in a day or two.  What the explitive. It has been four days and nothing giving another call today before I start dropping names.
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
BH 4 days is getting there for feeding critters huh ? If I were you I would be on the phone pretty soon.I'am almost thinking there may be some legal action that could be taken againest some of these wantabe's.If you purchased an item that was defective workmanship or materials from wal mart they damn sure will replace or refund your dough.I advised my customer to take legal action.If nothing else maybe we should be posting these guy's names and just put a stop to their shoty workmanship once and for all.Even if we do have to drive them out of business.Sounds a little harsh but man my customer works pretty darn hard for his 8.50 an hour and certinly does not deserve that type treatment.keep me posted what you find out...bowdoc

Offline CaptJack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
I think there has been some confusion.  This is not a Quinn bow.  Please do not reflect anything bad on David Quinn.

This Bow is a SOVEREIGN BALLISTIK.  The best shooting bow I have ever had but the worst customer service.  I won't even tell you about my nightmare getting this thing.
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
John can be a challenge to deal with on warranty stuff. He's had a friend of mines bow for over a year now waiting to be fixed.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
John can be a challenge to deal with on warranty stuff. He's had a friend of mines bow for over a year now waiting to be fixed.
Good to know David. Sorry about your bow Bear Heart but I for one just took sovereign off my "need to own" list. There are too many really good bowyers around here to deal with bad CS.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline ONE SHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Looks like air bubles to Me. With Black or Brown Glass you would never know they were there.

There are several things that can cause this problem. One is not preparig the wood laminate properly before glue-up. Another is oil from the Bowyers fingers.

Usuly not caused from over clamping, or too much pressure, but rather from not enought pressure to distrubite the glue evenly. Also can be caused By the Bow form not being flat and square with the sides of the form.

Some woods will absorb the glue faster than other woods, the glue gets soaked into the wood laminate before it has a chance to bond and set-up with the "F" Glass....ONE SHOT...  :)    :)    :)

Offline CaptJack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »
Bear Heart
thanks for letting us know it wasn't a Quinn limb

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
Have called several times and since being told I would be called back.  Nothing but an answer machine.  Sovereign archery has had the worst customer service of any archery related company I have dealt with.  Buyers beware.
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
Bearheart, sorry to hear about the problems...but makes you wonder what I have under the black glass on my homemade limbs.....hmmmmmm.

Offline Bear Heart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
I just want him to say if it is or isn't an issue.  If he says don't worry about it I want his word if there is a failure in that spot he will fix it period.  Mistakes happen but if you take a man's money you owe it to him to stand by your product.
PBS Associate Member
Jairus & Amelia's Dad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©