3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2009 hunting plans?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2009 hunting plans?
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by longbow1:
My wife is pregnant, due in April, I'm screwed.
Mines due in June so I had to cancel BearquestIII with the gang but I got to get a 'yote  that is hanging around my chickens, then scout for turkeys and spring bear (in case I get drawn) and I am planning to hunt a new area for a trophy Roosevelt elk and maybe get a deer and bear this Sept. while I am exploring this new unit.
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
Planning on getting back to the Wyoming Bighorns this Sept. for mulies. One of the best hunts I've ever been on, and it's not just for the animals. It's just a great place to be in the Fall.
   By the way, don't look at a new arrival as a setback. Look at it as a homegrown hunting partner. Mine's twenty-one years old now, and I still enjoy every chance to spend time with him...both in the woods and out. Enjoy yourself!

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
Well, i get to hunt a cow elk later this month in KY... So I am going chase some late season KY whitetail... Hopefully, I may just get lucky and get a nice one!!!   :pray:  

I gave up the lease, so I will be hunting public land focussing on some bow only areas and may use the money (normally woulda spent) to go out of state. What ever, I do... with 3 lil ones... I see my total hunting days decling this year... May see about chasing some wild pork as well...
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline IronCreekArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Spring Turkey here in Michigan and Kansas Whitetail in November.
We do not rise to the occasion.  We fall to our level of training.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
I have 3 days left here in IN for whitetail. I am trying to put together a early spring turkey hunt in Nebraska. After that, spring turkey and whitetail here at home. Good luck to everyone! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
Lord willing, I`ll be hunting local porkers, squirrels and rabbits till The last day of Febuary.Then in the spring more local pigs and Turkeys as well as a trip to some Ga. coastal Gobblers and pigs.Then I hope to spend two weeks in the Cohutta Wilderness area during bow season for deer , pigs and a bear. Then Horsecreek wma for porkers and deer as well as Ossabaw Island for a short 3 day hunt for deer and pigs.
  Sweet thing about all this hunting is....it will only cost 19 bucks for access.PLENTY of Critters down South . I ain`t never been to Cohutta so it`ll be a challenge.RC

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »
14 days left in bow season, then April turkey season and back to Whitetails Oct 1.   Maybe something else if the opportunity comes up.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline pintail_drake2004

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »
planning a 10-12 day video taped bear hunt in Canada (for a tv show) will be taking my compound and longbow/flint arras, maybe my homemade muzzleloader. Going to take my twin along. We are going to call it an Early Masters Degree present to us both. We worked our tails off to get our degrees, i think we have earned it.

Offline john fletch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
We have about 24" of snow on the ground here in Kalispell today, but during bow season it was so dry that hunter success was very poor.  I hope and pray for a wetter fall and an improvement in the economy so I can afford to travel out for an Elk hunt.  Otherwise, my deer stand is out by the back gate!!!
Instructor BSA NCS certified

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
I haven't made my hunting plans as of yet. I know I'll be hunting mulies in my own state but I'm also considering a muley hunt in Eastern Oregon. But we've had an unusual winter thus far. Before I make any firm plans I want to see what affect the winter weather will have on our muley herds.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
I will likely be hunting Alberta bears in late May, and should draw my Iowa deer tag this year with two preference points.  I am hoping to put together an antelope hunt.

Otherwise, it will be Nebraska spring turkeys, and fall whitetails, most of it close to home.  Picked up a property I've not yet seen that may have some antelope and mule deer on it.  Word in the grapevine is saying Nebraska may be changing some of their season/permit structure so am anxious (worried) to see what the changes will be.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
Deer hunting until the middle of the month here in Oklahoma. Turkeys in April. Heading to Zimbabwe in July for cape buffalo and anything else I can get close enough to so I can stick it with a sharp broadhead. Deer again starting in October. I would like to get a hog hunt in there somewhere. Also, I will be doing some additional hunting with one of those firesticks, but I won't talk about that here.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
Two kids in college so will have to cut back some this year.

Spring Turkey in NY
Carp in NY
Stingrays in NC
Hopefully, Alligator in Florida with Jeff
Hopefully, Shiras Moose in Wy with Jeff
Whitetail in IN
Whitetail in NY

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »
Terry,
If that is a "cut back year" I'd like to see your full year then  :biglaugh:
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline groyce

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
Turkey in Fl
Elk in Idaho
Whitetails in Indiana or NY

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
I'll prolly be spending alot of time hunting arrows in the grass behind my target. I am a newbie.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline LONGBOWKID

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
Gonna be giving the local walking pork chops some hell until October. But for now I'm chasing whitetails until the 31st.

The Kid
Turkey Creek Longbows
60" 46#@29"
62" 51@29"
62" 61#@29"
62" 77#@29"

Holm-Made Osprey
60" 67#@29"

Offline rnharris

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
deer seasons over here but hogs are always in season!going to Fla. on a late season deer hunt with bow in feb.! then start planning for a western whitetail deer hunt really not sure what state yet!Ralph

never hunted west of arkansas any suggestions on a western state good hunting with over the counter licsences  :campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
Bunnies next month, I would love to hit the Catskills for some snowshoe hares.
Might get the chance to visit my best bud in Texas, we will see how that goes.
Otherwise it will be walking the woods whenever I can...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
HOGS!!!! In Oklahoma we have 18 days untill we leave!! Not that Im counting though
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©