3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2009 hunting plans?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2009 hunting plans?
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
javie's the first week of March down by El Paso

doug77

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
Pigs wherever and whenever. Blacktail deer starting in July and running through October. Turkeys this spring on one of three or four spots I have picked out. Hopefully some Elk in Washington around Thanksgiving or earlier in the year around September, or both!
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline DaveBriner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
I'm gonna hunt every chance I get till our season ends on Thursday!!!!!!!!!

Dave
A man's worth can be determined by the number of friends at his funeral- unless they all hunt too!!

Offline flungonin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
Pigs anywhere I can get to, S.C. N.C. Haven't been back to Texas in a while looking at eastern(Chester) or/and western (El Paso). Maybe Sep for Black bear in Maine. Just renewed lease here in Va. Squirrels and Turkey

Offline DelSnavely

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Since we've only been back here in ND for a couple years and considering we're in NW ND for the first time, and I wasn't able to hunt the first year, I'm going to spend a lot of time scouting the area I hunted this year and a little time finding new places to hunt.

DS
I don't know how WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with "sticks and stones"...Albert Einstein

Offline Pig Sticker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by jrchambers:
ive got a pair of tradgangers coming up from texas for round two on spring bears, I will be focusing on the brown kind while they will be after the smaller but just as sly brother bear,
one week in a costal mtn range here in ak.
^
'
'
'

I'm with him!!!!

Can't wait to see you Jason. You forgot to mention coming back to Texas.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »
well as long as the doc has a steady hand and i heal fast. 2009 will be spent in Edinburgh Indiana hunting whitetail- running traps- and getting to meet a few more trad family and getting in touch with ones i have allready met. looks like it will be a fullon 4 weeks. oh yeah no more SHINE no more CHIGGERS.  :biglaugh:    :jumper:    :jumper:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »
Pigs and Sambar on Guam until Nov then pigs and whitetail in Texas and maybe some exoctics.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
turkey here in Ga this spring and the usual 2 week deer hunt in Grayling,Mi is my plans for 2009.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
I have 2 invites to Alaska for spring Bear and Caribou respectively. I also am planning to go to Amistad NRA for Javelina and Auodad Sheep. Any Tradgangers from TX wants to tag along on the latter?
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Pig Sticker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
When are you heading to Amistad Mark?

I'd love to chase an Aoudad around.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
PigGig next month in Texas for javilina.  Spring turkeys here in WI.  Will no doubt do something in a western State in September just not sure what or where yet.  And then whitetails here in October/November.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
Texas for Hawgs if Feb, Ontario for turkeys in April,Ontario for bear in Aug, OZ for Hawgs/scrub bulls in Sept, Ontario for deer Oct. That's the schedule so far.
hunt it

Offline va

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
Hey Longbow - I say fill your quiver with kids.  None of mine shoot bows but they are great (even as they get older).

I plan on rabbits, maybe turkey, and squirrels in season.  And of course I have to let the whitetails outsmart me.  I get to travel most of Kansas so downtime for me will be hunt-time.

Cannot wait for the 1/31 Kansas Bunnie Whompin'
Poor folk with poor ways, but rich just the same.

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
Well Rick Welch is coming to stay at my house & do a shooting clinic with me.

Offline plentycoupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
I may be able to make it back to AK in June, if so I will spend a day or two hunting black bear. Was able to see quite a few last year but no big bruins I wanted to release an arrow at!

After the Wyoming draw results come out I will know if I am headed there to hunt elk with the longbow. Fingers crossed!

Hey Mark, maybe I can make it to Texas someday and hunt the javelina with you. Always wanted to spot and stalk em!!

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
My plans are to go in the woods and make my 1st Trad. kill finally !

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Planning to hunt Missouri whitetail and turkey on my good days but will be the camp cook if nothing else. I just love being out there as much as possible. Besides my hunting buds say I’m a better cook then a bow shooter.  :campfire:    :archer:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline crosseye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
i am going to make my own bendy handled osage bow and kill a deer with it next fall.  i got bitten by the selfbow bug a few years back thanks to mickey lotz and i have one of his bows and eric krewsons bows that i currently shoot, but this year i am going to make one of my own!

stan

Offline brill16hockey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
The team that I am videoing with this season has given me a few pretty cool opportunities for hunting this season.  We are heading to Tennessee in March to guide a turkey hunt for hunting for a cure.  I will then hopefully be hunting antelope in wyoming in August.  The last trip will be to Pike county Illinois for whitetails in November.  I'll also be chasing turkey and deer around here in Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©