3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting in South Dakota  (Read 300 times)

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting in South Dakota
« on: December 31, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
A very nice man comes to pick up a gas tank that we repaired today at our shop and gets to talking to one of my employees. He sees the pictures on our board of us and our kids hunting pictures and asks if we would like to come to his farm in South Dakota to hunt deer. Well, not wanting to offend such a gracious offer we said HECK YEAH !! His place is near Emery, South Dakota. Just west of Sioux Falls. Does anybody know anything about that part of the country that could help us out on hunting there. Looks flat and void of trees. I've hunted eastern wyoming, but doesn't look like the same topography.
  THANKS
     GLENN

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting in South Dakota
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
Ive traveled through the area a bit.
Mostly small sloughs, crp fields, and
a bunch of fence lines.
Looks like great pop-up blind hunting.
I saw plenty of deer passing through, not to mention pheasants galore.
Steve.

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »
He said he's got a bunch of deer. Said they're killing his garden. I plan on trying the pheasants with my bow. I think a blind is my best bet considering I see very little tree action going on. I looked on maps live and go to the ariel. Lots of fences!
GLENN

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
ttt

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 01:07:00 AM »
I hunted country like that in SD a couple years ago.  Guy had 5500 acres and there were two of us.  Owner had an ultralight and said we would never kill one of the 6-7 150+ bucks unless we hunted the cattails in the gulleys.  Said the big bucks stayed out of the woodlots.  I jumped and missed three in 5 days.  The total distance from where they jumped to where I was when they finally spooked didn't total 10 yards for all three.  Hugely exciting but very unproductive.

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
I've been trying to research as much as possible but can't seem to find a whole lot on the east river side for deer. Tons about the pheasant hunting.
GLENN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©