3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27167 times)

Offline CrazyBuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #1120 on: February 22, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
This was my first time here.I've been to alot of events, but I can honestly say I've never been to one where every single person was so into the cause as this event. Everyone was having fun and helping out kids in need at the same time. Shawn and his family are top notch I only got to meet them briefly but that's all it took to see they are down to earth, and the kind of people you like and enjoy being around. All I can say is if you have'nt been you are missing out big time. Thanks.
Scott

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1121 on: February 22, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
Well, we have 47 folks as of right now and a few more on the way. We are gonna do brunch in about 15 minutes and than off to the greenhouses!! Should be one of our better pushes. It is overcast and a light snow with a temp. of 25 degrees, perfect bunny huntin' weather. Man will there be stories to tel and some great video footage as well. Aeswome job by everyone in attendance!! $5300 for the kids and 12 dead bunnies!! Doesn't get any better than that!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Lungbustr1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1122 on: February 22, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
Thanks Shawn and family!!!!! This was my first @ the bunny hunt, what an event. I have never attended an event such as this. Nice to share a day with so many sportsman that share the same love for the sport. For that fact dont think I have shared the company of so many truly quality people. All of you are completely selfless. What we did for these kids will change lives. I have 2 boys of my own and just found out that we are having a third. When I got home last night the boys sat cross legged on the floor with eyes big as pie plates listening to tails of bunny combat and even some hand to hand mayley. They can't wait till they are old enough to cry BUUUNNNYYYY!!!!! This will be an event that we all mark our calendars for. ----Shawn and family-- Thank You Thank You Thank You.  Proud to call myself a TRADGANG Member!!!!!  OOOORRRRRAH! Semper FI  >>>>--------------> GIT EM' BOYS!

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1123 on: February 22, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
Many thanks to Shawn and his family for a great time.  I saw a lot of bunnies, even got a hit on one, but they sure are tough.  He ran like was shot out of a cannon. I even got a little bloodied, and couldn't be happier.
Great people, great time, and great total for the kids.
Ken Thornhill

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1124 on: February 22, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Shawn Leonard for PRESIDENT, his wife for V.P., his daughter and the rest of the Leonard bunch could make up the cabinet! Unbelievable, selfless family! Tradgang is truly blessed to have members like these. Including all in attendence, folks that sent donations, those that wanted to be there but could not and the rest of tradgang that help keep good people like these,together under the Big Teepee of hope! Being there yesterday helped me to remember that great people still exist. Thanks for letting us  share the day. You made "MOM" proud Shawn!

Offline Grey Stoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1125 on: February 22, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
The guys I hang with are really into the traditional scene. They told me about this "bunnie hunt" for St Jude. It sounded like my kind of deal. So I signed onto tradgang.com for the first time on Thursday and registered.
Yesterday I took the day off from work and left my home in CT at 4:45 a.m. Boy we had great day!
Shawn Leonard and his family are special people to do what they do!

Great people, great hunting, great food!

Congratulations on a successful event, See You in 2010!

Offline Bahrzoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1126 on: February 22, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
I was not real sure what I was getting myself into when I said I would go to the "BUNNY HUNT" but now I know. You can count me in forever and always.

As far as Sean and his family goes you could not find a better host. They made me fell like they were an old friend of mine when in fact I had just met them.

Thanks again for the good time with a bunch of quality people. I look forward to seeing you again.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1127 on: February 22, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
I'd like to add my thanks to Shawn and his family, I haven't missed a hunt since he started having them, and there is a lot of work that goes into it and I'm very grateful. The hunting is great, and many  friendships have been made.

Got to spend a little time talking with Doug this year, a more down to earth man you'll likely not run into. It was good meeting you Doug.

and I won an awesome prize at the raffle, a hand made slate call by LAR43, Larry, this thing has a real sweet tone to it. perhaps I can take a bird or to this spring with it, then I will feel worthy of winning it. If not it is still one of a few things I will cherish for a long time.

Thanks again Shawn,

larry

Offline val

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1128 on: February 22, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
It takes a special family to do what the Leonards do every year for St. Judes. What a blast hunting those bunnies!!!! It did not take long for me to realize Shawn is very passionate about the sport and the cause. He also worked HARD in the field to ensure a great hunt. It was awesome to meet so many people with so much in common. Hats off to the Leonards and everybody in the trad community for this great effort that was a HUGE success!!!!!!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1129 on: February 22, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
I forgot my chili pan last night and stopped by an hour or so ago and Cindy said she thought she heard the bunny count was up to 23!

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1130 on: February 22, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
I sure wish I had been able to stay with you all!  I had a phone call at 1:30 while busting brush and had to rush back home.

It was good to finally meet you Doug!  

I wasn't able to talk much with many of you, but did get to have a nice conversation with Cade on the way back to the house... he's a fine young man Curt!

Thanks for putting on such a great hunt Shawn!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1131 on: February 22, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
This is my third time and the best yet.Theyve all surpassed anything I could imagine and expected but this was especially great because my son Noah, 8 years old trudged on at my side throughout the entire weekend.He was safe and used a little bunny psychology to put himself in position for some good shots.He enjoyed himself more than his trips to Disney.I remember 3 years ago carrying him through the snow on my back at Shawns.He met some cool buds that he had some deep conversations with.I spent time with family and friends doing what we love most and the best part is what were doing for the kids of St.Jude.I got 2 bunnies yesterday and if it would of been just as incredible experience if I didnt see a one.This is where you go to see the best of the best of what humanity has to offer and you walk away with a refreshed feeling and hope that theres still good folks out there.And to the best of the best, the people that make this possible, thank you so much Shawn, Cindy and Nicole and all the rest.Your Mom would be proud and you carry on her legacy with all you do.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1132 on: February 22, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
Guys, thank all of you!! Jeremy we missed ya bud!! Bill Langer Thanks again we would of made ya all proud again today. We started at the greenhouses and it seemed like it was gonna be a bust, but just as the pushers were coming thru we here the call. Bunny, coming right at ya. I look up to see one streaking acrossed out in front and 3 shots are taken it swings by me and I let her rip, near miss it goes another 40 yards and whack a nice running shot by one of the guys. Next we went on to BriarBack Mountain, I will not tell the whole story just a little. Mikey(Mcgroundstalker) connects with a great shot and as usual Jamie(ishiwannabe) is right there to dive on the bunny before it can get in a hole inches away!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! We also had another huge first Nikita(Arams son) became our first youth to kill a bunny!! He made a nice running shot and again Ishi was there to make the diving headlong recovery into some nasty stuff, so Mikey with his first and now Nikita with our first youth bunny!! Lots more to come, but I will say this we killed 7 more today for a new record of 19 thats right 19 bunnies total!!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1133 on: February 22, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »
Just wanted to say thank you Shawn and family for putting on such a outstanding event. Had a great time with good folks and heck of alot of fun. Had a good time filming the kids and even got lucky on one myself. Although I did get spanked by one buzzing by Bunny. Can't ask for better people raising money for a better cause. Thank you for opening your home to us all. So glad to be there when ST Judes was over and above what you had hoped for. God Bless and Bunnys forever!!!

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1134 on: February 22, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »
man.... jamie you gotta change your name dude!!! your always runnin um down, whats that 4 in the last month??? awesome dude...
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1135 on: February 22, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Ishi is amazing. On one push yesterday a rabbit came flying by me at about Mach II when I center punched a sapling. It wasn't to be the bunnies day as Damon then made an amazing shot right through the lungs. The rabbit barely slowed down but Ishi was there and took off after him at Mach III. Just as the rabbit was entering some thick stuff Ishi took the "Superman" dive and caught the rabbit. The dive wouldn't have been nearly as impressive if it wasn't for the fact that he dived into a brush pile!

Many pictures to follow! This is my daughter taking the very first shot of the day at the arrow eating metal bunny!

This is the picture after the very 1st shot!  She sent the arrow right through and popped the ballon. Like any good girl she picked handwarmers off the prize table! I've got to work on her.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1136 on: February 22, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
The 1st day started with a nice group photo of the Youth just before hunt departure. Notice the very big kid in the back! Shawn is definitely still a kid at heart!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1137 on: February 22, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
Oops wrong photo!  That is the group photo of the successful first day rabbit hunters.  I think the one below is right.

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1138 on: February 22, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
Just sat down with my wife Kate and kids Billy jr.,Ben, Garrett and Brooke. We watched the most important hunt I have ever filmed. They loved every minute. When the bowhunters of tradgang make another movie let me know so I can edit this bunny hunt for them and add it in!The footage is awesome! Better than I expected. Thanks again for letting me be a part of it. God bless the Leonards, ST. Judes and the "GANG"!!!!!!!!!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1139 on: February 22, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
After the group photo the kids headed out for the hunt. They had a lot of fun and plenty of shots.

This is my daughter ready for action!

This is the action that went by and kept on going!

This is part of the gauntlet the bunny had to get through!  That is Stoneknifes daughter Becky at the ready!

This is the beagle following the rabbit right on past.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©