3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27155 times)

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #1140 on: February 22, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
The day continued on and on the first adult push I was fortunate to be between my son Tyler and daughter Jen. Shawn and Curt proved to be the dogs they are and pushed a rabbit through the waiting shooters. The rabbit made it past a few shots and Tyler scared him really bad. I got lucky and hit it right behind the shoulder. Jen then whacked it a little after I slowed him down. I was really blessed to have shared this with my kids and take the first bunny of the hunt.

I wasn't the only happy father. Izzy and Noah shared some special times as well. Here is Izzy and Noah.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1141 on: February 22, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
The kids all had fun. Here is Jen wearing a very nice bear hide that was donated.

Here are some of the kids having fun in the basement cafeteria.

The boy in front is Joe, Stoneknifes son, then my two and Joe's daughter Becky in the back. BBassi's daughter Emily was being shy but she was sitting next to Becky. Emily now has a very nice tarzan ring tone on her phone!

This is a group photo in the basement cafeteria.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1142 on: February 22, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
I just have to give Shawn, Cindy, and Nicole a huge thank you for all their hard work and hospitality in putting this together. They all worked harder than you can imagine. Cindy even washed the pots and pans people brought food in. AMAZING!  This was a wonderful day to spend with my kids and to all who made it so much fun! A BIG thank you!  

Ishi (Jamie), Izzy, Gaffney, Keith Deters, Doug Campbell, Curt (Guru), Mikey, David Kretchmer (sp), and Bill Langer all made this an amazing day. Everyone went out of their way for the kids. Everyone was extremely generous in their donations and Bill Langer made an extra effort to ensure all the kids got a prize. Curt, Cade was pretty excited about his 4 shots today. Great young man that you will have many seasons of fun with.

This hunt is pretty special because I spent six years working for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, TN in Biomedical Research trying to find a cure for some of the horrendous cancers and opportunistic diseases these kids get. St. Jude is special because they have one of the highest percentage rates of donated funds actually going to benefit the kids. Most organizations will be in the 70% range. St. Jude is well above 90%. I had to leave St. Jude because I just could not continue to see the kids suffering and in pain on a daily basis. I have 4 kids and felt so horrible and scared everyday I would go to work. These kids need your help and St. Jude is as good as it gets.  Thanks everyone! Shawn my friend, what you are doing is really specials.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1143 on: February 22, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
a couple pic's of a great friend of mine you all know as Bow Spirit and his little bro Drew. on the way in to the hunt Drew did connect but did not get the kill, he did wind up with bunny fur on the arra though!! a very proud young hunter!

I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1144 on: February 22, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
Izzy and Noahs running shot is awesome on the big screen! Tylers near miss, the first annual bunny pardon and Bahrzoo's kill on the only bunny that sat still all day are also great. The hits the misses, the camaraderie and all the bloody bunny drivers make for great viewing

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1145 on: February 22, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »
ok now there has ALLWAYS been questions about how tall/short/big Mikey really is. i give you proof that Mikey is slightly smaller then the Kebbler Elf!!! here he is holding an ordinary sized pocket knife that the normal sized fella could hide in his hand. now then what do you all think?????????

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1146 on: February 22, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
I am cooking sunday dinner (venison burgers) for the family and trying to post and read at the same time. Almost forgot to mention the first shot of the day by Guru's son Cade. That rabbit was doing mach 10! BigEd and Shawn thanks again for not shooting me when the bunny charged, sorry I was such a wimp!!!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1147 on: February 22, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
:biglaugh:     :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1148 on: February 22, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
Great pictures so far guys!

Gaff, I jumped on/caught/beagle-retrieved five mortally wounded bunnies, and recovered my own "lucky shot", that was just this weekend. Trust me, I would do it all again, hate seeing lost animals.

Those kids of Aram's- serious hunters.... I was right there for the whole thing...I shot five arrows at that rabbit and basically immobilized him just by the web of shafts. I grabbed him and noticed a hefty blood trail. Following it back right to Nikita's(sp) arrow. I looked around for more blood but couldnt find any. It was kind of anticlimatic(for us, as we didnt know it was hit  until after it was recovered), but it is the only possibility. The blood started where the arrow was, and stopped at the bunny I coralled with my arrows. Nikita threaded, and I MEAN THREADED an arrow through a rose bush and under a log to connect.    :notworthy:    Very happy to be there for that one...made the whole weekend for me. Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ru!

Mikey made one of the best running shots on a bunny zigging and zagging through briarback mountain. Incredible! I was determined to get that bunny before he got away, and did...thats what good beagle-retrievers do Im told.   :D  

There is so much more, but fatigue and a serious need for a shower are getting the better of me.

Made more friends, saw old ones. Some how there isnt enough time to spend with everyone you want to.

Doug, it was great to meet you. Hope our paths cross again sometime.

19 bunnies, and a HUGE total for St Judes!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1149 on: February 22, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
Jamie, really wish i had more time to bs with ya bro. would love to set up a bunny hunt with you as soon as ya can. i also agree you need to come up with a new name on here, i like Rabbit Goalie!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1150 on: February 22, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
I hear ya Ken, so many good people, so little time. Soon would be good, I will have to get back to ya though...once I know when Im allow...I mean free. LOL. I think I will keep the name...kinda shows were I want the "trad journey" to take me...but Im sure I will gain a nickname or ten from this one...  :biglaugh:  

Bill, wanted to thank you for the dvds, man the kid is loving them! Cant wait to see some of that footage...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1151 on: February 22, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
Izzy my friend ya bought tears to my eyes!! Thanks bud!! Bill ya have to get me that footage somehow, I need to see it!! Terry, the pics. of the kids is about as good as it gets and should be a reminder of how lucky we all are to have them. This hunt and all you folks attending really do make a difference in our own little way. I appreciate all the kind words as do Cindy and the girls, but remember this is a group effort. Now for some more stories and pics.!! Doug Campbell was in on the killing today as well! Two special guest over the last two years abnd they each have made kills!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1152 on: February 22, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
This is Noah.  

I'd like to congradulate Nikita. He got a nice sized rabit. At Bryer back mt., I got a shot at  
rabit and missed by a "HARE". On Saterday right
before my dad shot a rabit, I missed by 12 feet.

Anyway, I want to say thanks to Mr.Shawn and
Mrs.Cindy for inviting me and my dad.  :wavey:

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1153 on: February 22, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
A big thanks to the Leonard family...as is ALWAYS the case, another perfect weekend!

Great times...am really enjoying the pics.

Thanks all.

Shawn - sent you a PM.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1154 on: February 22, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
what ever is said in thanks to the whole Leonard family is no where near enough, words can not describe what the whole family puts in to this. THANK YOU to the whole family!!!!!!!!

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1155 on: February 22, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
i believe this crew could just scare a rabbit to death by looks alone!!! one tuff looking bunch!!

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1156 on: February 22, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »
ya got to love the two utes, errrr i mean the youths!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1157 on: February 22, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »
Hi everyone this is Cindy.  Just taking a quick break while Shawn shoots the sh!t with Doug (we all know how much Shawn can talk LOL )  I just wantrd to say THANKS to everyone who came. I hope you all had a good time and safe travels. I can't wait to look through the posts and pictures ( I hope I don't see any of myself ) I will take Doug to the airport after showing him around a bit. Take care , and once again... thanks for everything       Cindy
Shawn

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1158 on: February 22, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
As always, I had a fantastic time.

I haven’t missed a day of any of Shawn’s bunny hunts. I though would this year due to family obligations,  but the weather changed some plans and I was able to attend both days again. Thanks to Shawn and his family for having done so much for us all and for the St Jude’s kids.  They go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome, and I really do feel like part of their extended family whenever I’m there.  We are all blessed that there are still people like them in this world.  Thank you all so much.

This is really becoming a family event.  The kids are gaining in number every year, and it’s great to see the families hunting together.  My daughter used to get out with me on occasion when she was younger, but she’s away in college now.  Most of you know that due to circumstances, my son hasn’t,  and probably won’t ever be coming hunting with me. As much as it pains me to say that,  I see him in all of your kids when I’m out there with them. It really brightens my heart to have been able to spend some time getting to know each of them and seeing them grow up.  Thanks for bringing them along.  

Jeremy,  our thoughts and prayers are with your family.  I was wondering where you had gotten too.  Sorry I missed seeing you off.  You’ve got fast feet…… I bet you’re a good dancer.  Bunny Hop comes directly to mind.

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1159 on: February 22, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
Old friends, new friends. Tears & laughter. Stories of the hunts past. Genuinely fine people doing what we love for a new generation of kids who really need our help.
We're bringing our own new generation into a noble sport which teaches them what this is really all about.
Memories each year that enrichen our lives & make us look forward as early as right now for new ones as we go over each day in our minds.
Shawn, Cindy & family, there aren't enough words to thank you for what you do for so many each year. A humble event that draws us together for such a good cause, but one in which we all take away  so much with us when the weekend has ended.

Thank you & God Bless. . .

Larry  & Greg
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©