3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27138 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #1200 on: February 23, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
Mike, well said; but your wife is right, you are out of your mind, but in a good way!!!! Good to see ya again,had a great time.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1201 on: February 23, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
We missed both you and Joe this year Chuck, you're right, it was a good one!!!.

Mikey, they can say all they want about your size, but you have a huge heart and said what we all feel very well........I'm lucky to have crossed paths with you my friend.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline zirnie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1202 on: February 23, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
Shawn, this is from your new PA. friends. We got back late last night and I'm starting to feel it now. Matthew, Aaron, Trav and I (Dave) wanted to thank you and Cindy for a great time. It was are first time for us and want to do it again next year. It was a record weekend, 19 bunnys and $5300. It was fun being a part of a great weekend, meeting so many new friends, shooting differnet bows, and hunting rabbits. You did a great job !!! You are the only one who knows what it takes to put this past weekend together. Thanks again !!! Zirnie (Dave)

:clapper:  PS.  I loved your bow, Could you give me the specs on your bow. What was the limbs made from and what riser is on your bow.

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1203 on: February 23, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
Anyone get a chance to try out the Arrow Dynamics?  How did the Fir Arrows hold up?
Who were the winners of the arrows?

Offline Dick Langer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1204 on: February 23, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
Some where there is a child that will get a second chance on life because of the unselfish efforts of Shawn Leonard his wife and daughters God Bless Popa Langer

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1205 on: February 23, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
Aw heck Shawn, you guys did ok for the kids but we raised over a thousand dollars more than that on a batch of cookies!!!

Aha! The gauntlet has been thrown down  :-)
The challenge has been issued! Let's see if you bunny huggers can outbid the fatguys who like cookies THIS year!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1206 on: February 23, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Ok I have almost all of the thorns out of my hands so I can type.
First off a HUGE Thank-you to Shawn and family for everything !  
   :scared:

Oh yeah my daughter is already asking when we are going bowfishing ! I told her we have to wait until the ice is off. Thanks Swampbuck
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1207 on: February 23, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wapiti Chaser:

Now my favorite quote of the hunt. This came out of the thick stuff when we were about half way through Briar Back Mountain, unknown person      " Next year I think I will just stay home and cut myself with razorblades ! "    :scared:  

Guilty!   :wavey:    :biglaugh:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1208 on: February 23, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
I heard someone yell out "Shoot Me" when we were on Brier Back, I felt bad for the guy but I left my broadheads back at the car   :biglaugh:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1209 on: February 23, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »
Gotta be more stories from the first day.........I've got some more pics from the first day but they were taken towards the end of it.....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1210 on: February 23, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
Guys keep them coming!! Curt where are ya?? I have a quick thing I want to do here. We found a Gift Certificate  from Maddog Archery, it is good for a kids bow(Maddog Pup Longbow)so iam gonna clear my PMs and if you attended the hunt and have a kid that could use this bow please PM me and I will put their name in a hat and Friday Feb. 27th. I will pick a name and announce the winner. I will than send the gift certificate to the lucky winner. Please enter only if you attended the hunt!! This is a donation from Vermonster, so give him a big->>>----------> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1211 on: February 23, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
Awesome weekend guys, We can't thank you and your family enough for opening up your home to us Shawn.  That was fun! Homer's(Matt) got some great pictures hopefully his wife gets them put on the web soon.  The icing on the cake was Nikita getting that rabbit on the second day.  Now thats what its all about. ooo yeah!
 And thanks to who ever forgot their bunny in my truck, its just about finished cooking and it looks goooood!
peter Osimanti

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1212 on: February 23, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
I heard someone yell out "Shoot Me" when we were on Brier Back, I felt bad for the guy but I left my broadheads back at the car    :biglaugh:  
Guilty.... I would have taken a half dozen blunts though... I didn't have much blood left in me by that time anyway.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1213 on: February 23, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »
I missed three times. Fourth shot was a charm(and extremely LUCKY!)
First shot happened in the island of trees. I was pushing and heard "Bunny" right in front of me. I stopped and looked up in time to see a bunny sneaking his way right towards me. I couldnt nock an arrow fast enough, and he was by me. Turning as I nocked a "throw away" woody, I drew, hit anchor and promptly sent an arrow about two inched over his head. I looked at what I would have to go through to get my arrow, turned around and kept pushing.
Second miss came about a half hour later. Pushing rabbit valley was terrible. I was atleast ten feet off the ground in rose bushes twice. Pushed a lot of bunnies, but no shots for me. I had Jason on my right and saw him take a long shot at a bunny and just barely miss. On my way up to his arrow, bunnies busted out all over. I turned around again and had a bunny at fifteen yards, stopped. I drew, hit anchor and watched my arrow hit the snow right where that bunny was a nano-second before. That arrow retrieval wasnt too bad, so I got that one back. On my way back up, I picked up his(Shawn's) footed arrow.
On to the squirrel woods. I was pushing again, had bunnies zipping past us. Finally through the "nasty stuff" we came out to some fairly nice walking hardwoods. Suddenly "Bunny coming up!!" and it zipped by at ten yards behind me, I put an arrow about a foot behind it. Turning, I saw the bunny head into a clump of branches and vines. I knocked an arrow. Advancing to the pile, I extended a foot and nudged it. Two bunnies explode, on high towards the shooters and one straight away. I settle on the one running straight away, drew, dont think I even came close to anchoring and WHACK! Rolled him over with a blunt right through the back of the head. I was amazed. I think it took a full ten seconds for me to walk the ten yards to recover him...then I yelled "GOT ONE!!!" Man it felt like I won the world series or something! I still cant believe I connected.....goes to show ya, even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes. Im not sure if anyone else shot at either the rabbit I took or the other one. It all is a blur...LOL.
I was literally floating the rest of the day, and more than happy to run down other guys bunnies....

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1214 on: February 23, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
OK, I have a little story. We had basically gotten done with the honey-hole push(two valleys)and a group of 50 or more were standing waiting for the other 35 folks to work their way thru, when we here shouts of BUNNY!! He was coming down the hedgerow along the cornfield. I couold see him weaving in and out of the thick stuff when he hit a group of several bunnyhunters in a line. Arrows started flying and I see Bill Langer is standing behind Izzy filming this whole scene. The bunny manages to escape at least 7 or eight shots when I see Izzy draw. I look back to the bunny as the arrow is on it way. All I see is it flipping over in mid-stride and in a flash Izzy is barreling in fo rthe tackle, it had to be one of the best shots i have ever seen and I know Bill captured it all on film. Incredible!! I know I had 7 shots each day and did a little asking around.  ibeliev over the two days their was easily more than 400 shots taken and several bunnies that were hit and got away!! What a weekend!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1215 on: February 23, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
For what it's worth, I was thinking on the way home that the way to really raise some money for the kids would be to get Band-Aid brands and Advil to co-sponsor next years hunt....     :smileystooges:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1216 on: February 23, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
Biggie what did you put in those cookies to make sooooooooo much on one batch. Oh yeah who did you sell them to. Maybe the Iowa bros they look like cookie eater..Remember you through down....

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1217 on: February 23, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »
Biggie is just mad that there was great food and he missed it.    :p
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1218 on: February 23, 2009, 06:40:00 PM »
hey guys I was talking to someone while practicing and they said they bought carbon shafts as seconds.  What was the name of the website again???? Pete
peter Osimanti

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1219 on: February 23, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »
I couldnt even guess how many shots I had Shawn. Upwards of twenty. I took five or six at the bunny Nikita got....without so much as a hair on my arrows.
Aram said that bunny was hit a few times, well I know it wasnt by me. I know a bunch of guys down lower shot at it before it ended up infront of us, but the heavy blood started at the red arrow...

Who would want to stay home and eat cookies when you can bleed for free and chase rabbits?!  :saywhat:  

Shawn, I think you converted Jason by the way. He was telling me how he couldnt believe how much fun he was having, and how close to hitting rabbits he was. For a few day old convert, he can really shoot. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in the deer woods with a curve next year.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©