3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27124 times)

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #1260 on: February 24, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »
Thanks Huntrdfk for the pics and yes I had a great time. Shawn, I do have some short footage of Cindy in the "Pink" get up, shot through the stairwell. Should I put it in the dvd?

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1261 on: February 24, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
Doug glad to see you made it home safe. It was nice meeting you. Bet those elk will be like shooting a barn door now that you have tried rabbit hunting at mach 10.......

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1262 on: February 24, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Shawn,you have a lot of names and other things to remember so I won't hold it against you.LOL.His name is Tyler and he's out in the yard shooting that bow as I write this...honest.It has become his favorite and you're right he shoots it well.Just tried it myself and it's smoooooooth with no handshock and I'm sure it's capable of shooting a lot better than I am.LOL.Took some pics of him with it and since I'm a computer dummy maybe someone here could post them here.
Tylers gonna write Mike Rash a nice letter with pics.Don't know if Mike is a tradganger but if you see this Mike,thankyou for being so generous in donating such a great bow to the JLMBH and you made a 14 yr. old boy very happy.He and I really enjoyed the pics of animals and awards at shoots that you have taken with the bow...very cool!   :clapper:
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1263 on: February 24, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
Shawn or anyone else, my daughter Jennifer won the most beautiful little longbow. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to bow woods, but I'll take a stab at describing it. The bow has yellow wood (osage) tips, a nice strip of it in the riser, what looks like a piece of rosewood on the palm butt, what could be oak veneer on the limbs and a flower punched on the leather rest. There is no writing on the bow. I'd just like to thank whomever made it and find out some specs on it. Awesome little bow that Jen is excited to shoot!

Thanks everyone!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1264 on: February 24, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
I remember that bow Terry! We were looking at it forever trying to figure out the weight. Very sweet little bow for sure!
Glad some kids won some bows....just what this sport needs.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1265 on: February 24, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
Jeff that is great!! Bill yes put that footage of Cindy in the DVD!! It should sell a few extra copies that way!! Another little side bite, Cindy was reading the posts and looking at the pics. She said just seeing the 3 girls lined up on that first push during the kids hunt made the whole thing worth while!! We are still picking stuff up and each time I pick up a broken arrow or a raffle ticket stub, I get a flood of memories and emotion. I know my Mom would be proud of Cindy, me and my girls no matter what, but I am just as sure she would be every bit as proud of each and everyone one of you who attended this hunt!! Thankyou to all of you from the bottom of my heart!! $5300 is something we all can be proud of!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1266 on: February 24, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
Jeff, Mike Rash is a sponsor. He is a great guy, and makes a great bow. I hope to get the Harley out and run over to see him this year. You can find him under Legends Bows. Good on your kid. I know that bow will be a great partner for years to come.

Brent
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1267 on: February 24, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
Those 3 girls lined up were Jen, Becky, and Emily. They all seemed to have a very good time. I was fortunate to share a table with the 3 of them but I couldn't for the life of me get them to belt out a decent Tarzan yell! Jen gave a half hearted one and Emily now has one as a ring tone. Fun times!

Shawn I need you to call me 518-755-9119.

Offline nanook712

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1268 on: February 24, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
Shawn are yoooou sure about that lol !!!!

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1269 on: February 24, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Shawn, Consider it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1270 on: February 24, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
terry
  i'm glad your daughter won the bow and hope it shoots well for her
  kennym donated the lams for that bow--once i told him what the bow was for --being the kind of guy he is--he volunteered the materials at no cost--and he grinds some real nice lams !!!the bow is elm under clear/with a action-boo power lam and tip wedges--and some kind of rosewood riser--and just a touch of purpleheart from last years bow and a sprinkling of osage and bubinga
  thanks to shawn and his family !!and to all the gangers for a great event!!!there is not another like it anywhere!!!
Mike

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1271 on: February 24, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »
first day of the hunt I pushed just about every push.I was a watcher on the push to hear Bill yelling "dont shoot me". Thank you Bill for filming looking forward to seeing the footage.I was going to watch on the next push too until Elma the beagle ran up and said she needed a drink. I recorded that on my cell phone I will try to post it. So I followed the pushers to the creek and got elma a drink and started to push. I heard alot of yelling on the other side and got ready because iseen the watchers set up and I knew the bunny wasnt getting through. The bunny some how made it through to me and ran by very fast. I was full drawn as soon as I saw the bunny and followed it past the line of pushers to my left.As soon as it cleared I released and somehow hit that critter but it was still running.I took a good pursuit angle but was too late.Jamie already ran it down and dove on it.Thanks man and sorry you got that intestine juice on your shootin glove. A great hunt doesnt come close enough to describe the weekend.

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1272 on: February 24, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »
This is Tyler. I am the one that one the Bow from Mike Rash who donated the bow into Shaun's hunt. I really like it and I shoot it pretty well. I still need to practice with it. I was going to send you pics of me with it but I can't figure out how to send them over the computer. I am going to send you pics of me and the bow, I have your address.

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1273 on: February 24, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »
Glad to share the day NOMAD88!!!

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1274 on: February 24, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
Brent,found his site thanks.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1275 on: February 24, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
Bamboo and KennyM, thanks for donating the bow. Jen had outgrown her other bow and was shooting an old 52" Ben Pearson at 45#s. She shot it OK, but I don't think she will be shooting it again anytime soon. She loves the bow and it is perfect for her in appearance and function. Thanks for your generosity.

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1276 on: February 24, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Huntrdfk@Work:
 (Keith please make sure you are gentle with my knife that you're holding for me....   :D  
I don't know what you're talking about David...... I didn't win any knife.

All I did was toss out a little topwater in a feeding zone.... after a bit of hesitation..... Doug bit and brought me this here knife to look at.

It's the one on the bottom.  It has a lignum vitae handle, one of the most dense woods in the world.  The blade is Damascus, with a special pattern called the Secret W.  You have to be a skilled bladesmith to really see the pattern, but Doug showed me how to view it properly.  I'd tell you all, but them I'd have to...... well you know the rest.

All I have to do it whip up one of those bows I make and send it out to him.  :thumbsup:  

It's already become one of my most prized possessions.  Now I have knives from 2 of TradGang's best.  :notworthy:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1277 on: February 24, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
Looks like Keith might need to get mugged by a bunny or ten next year...  :saywhat:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1278 on: February 24, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Bamboo, that was one sweet bow! Nicely done.

I still cant believe some of the items donated to the raffle. That people would give away such amazing items is awesome.

Now where are all those pics guys????   :D
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1279 on: February 24, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
 Cindy was reading the posts and looking at the pics. She said just seeing the 3 girls lined up on that first push during the kids hunt made the whole thing worth while!!  
Shawn, I'll tell you what. Your hunt is something special, Becky doesn't go along a lot but I don't think she will want to miss your hunt. When a 17 going on 18 year old young lady volunteers to leave the "Boyfriend" home and go out in the cold to hunt Bunnies, you know that you have something that doesn't come along every day.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©