3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27102 times)

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #1320 on: February 25, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »
Shawn did anyone ever tell you YOU DA MAN!!!!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1321 on: February 25, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »
This was a good one to watch. Bill Langer up in a tree over seeing the circular field push. Shawn took the drivers, I set the watchers(well they pretty much set themselves up). Hard to tell in this pic but there was alot of guys in this line. I'm thinking as I look, hardly a space for a bunny to squeeze thru, and this is the escape route for them on this push....this is gonna be good....

Sure enough here comes the first bunny right at the firing line!  The arrows start flying, a lot of arrows. The bunny stops, must'a figured no way I'm getting thru there, turns around and took his chance with what he was originally running form.

Couple minutes later, here comes another....he does the same exact thing as the arrow start at him. Except this one retreats to a big tree in front of the north end blockers, stays put for a minutes then heads back thru the drivers. The yells and arrows bounce thru the air.....that is until he came to Damon! (nomad88)

Shawn showing he is human....we've talked about this a lot the last year or so.....how we're both starting to "feel our age"....and we don't like it one bit!

Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1322 on: February 25, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
You can say that again bro!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1323 on: February 25, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »
DON'T SHOOT ME...DON'T SHOOT ME...Just got off the phone with BigEd,great memories!! I am looking into a kevlar filming vest for next year. Guru,Shawn,Doug,Terry and anyone else for that matter, PM me with your phone numbers. Thanks!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1324 on: February 25, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »
Seems to me that Shawn was tryin' to get a bunnies outlook of us. Whatever......  ;)

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1325 on: February 25, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
Well earned "down time" there. lol
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1326 on: February 25, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
Old or not the smiles on the kids faces hunting with us on Saturday and Sunday make it all worth while!
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1327 on: February 25, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
You know, with all that was going on this weekend, I almost forgot about all of the bows that were there, and just about every one of them were available to shoot if you wanted......I know I shot two RERs, a couple of Griffins, an SR Swift that had a great grip, a Centaur that was light as a feather and a couple of Black Swans, plus Hope.  Unbeleivable......Ron W alone could have opened his own bow shop!!!!

Then meeting new friends, Big Ed and Doug to name a couple.  Like Ed mentioned,  it was like you were meeting old friends, even though you had just met for the first time. Ed and Doug you guys are welcome in my home or camp anytime, I'm glad I got the chance to meet and hang out with the both of you. Old friends that I met through this hunt, too many to name......Shawn, Curt, Terry, Damon, Jaimie, Mikey, Mike, Joe and Chuck,(missed you both), Larry, Fran and Moe, Brian, Mike, Izzy, Keith, Jeremey, Dave, Greg, Larry, Bob, Tom, Brent, Chris, Ken, Jim, Ken, Mark, Drew, Tom, Aram, Killy(missed you too)......I'm sure I am missing someone, but you get the idea.....I am here to tell you a finer group of people you will not find.

Like Mikey said earlier, a year is way too long to wait!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1328 on: February 25, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »
Supposed to be decent bunny weather Saturday.... I don;t have to get anyone back to go to Maine this time either so could hunt! lol
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1329 on: February 26, 2009, 02:20:00 AM »
Jeff and Tyler,Thanks so much for all the nice words.Tyler that is so awesome you won that bow.I cant wait to see the pictures.Im glad you like the photo history I sent with it.It was a good feeling to donate to JLMBH.I think Shawns mom would be very happy and proud of her son.Tyler Please send me pictures of hunting trophies of any kind and I would be glad to post them on our website.
Brent thanks to you also and I cant wait to here that bike come rolling in to the shop sometime.
Thanks to all!
Mike

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1330 on: February 26, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »
Thanks to all who sent items for the raffle and were not in attendence and who were. You all helped to make this what it is and what it will always be. Hot Hap,Skyler, Mike at Legends Bows, Badger Arrows,Black Mtn.,Mike McCready, the list could go on. Your generousity was heart felt. Shawn you are in great company and deservingly so. You all deserve prosperity in all that you do. Good health and well being to you all. God Bless and Thank you, Big Ed

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1331 on: February 26, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »
Very well said Big Ed!

Without a doubt the funniest time of the hunt was when that bunny was headed straight for Bill. I'd luv to see the footage, but as I remember it. As the bunny got closer, the "don't shoot me's" got louder,closer together, and definitely had more sincerity to them!

Big Ed and I were right next to Bill and we both managed to shoot "at" the bunny as it sped by. But I know for myself, I wasn't even close....I was laughing way to hard    :pray:

Bill, I'll send a pm with my number bud...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1332 on: February 26, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
Has to be more stories out there guys.......I have a couple left that I'll hold onto for a bit.....  :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1333 on: February 26, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
Hey those pushes will kick anyone's but if you do them all. I felt like I got hit by a truck on Sunday!

I think the "Dont shoot me" bunny was the one I was actually aiming at when I got mine.  :D   Two ran out of that pile, and one made it up to where Bill was filming.

Damon's shot was incredible on that bunny! I didnt mind getting "bunny juice" on my gloves at all bro.

Still cant get that last thorn out...  :saywhat:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1334 on: February 26, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
Jamie... You are My Hero of this hunt. Blood Brother to Shawn, like one with the hawk. Iron will to SWAN DIVE into razor ribbon   :eek:   so a little fuzz ball bunny won't get away. Class Act Buddy! I'm proud to call you my friend.   :notworthy:  

... mike ...

P.S. I have a 5/16" Auger Bit around here someplace that might get that last thorn out for ya......  :D
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1335 on: February 26, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
YOW!
Sounds like the slow painful process involving screw-action that I am going through at the Post Office!

Have a heart and use a straight razor and some needles!
Killdeer   :eek:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1336 on: February 26, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »
Great stories and pics guys...makes me feel like I was there even though I was at work....Really missed meeting all the newcomers and our guest from Montana and of course, missed "all the regulars" from the past hunts. Keep those pics coming...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1337 on: February 26, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
We sat down and watched the DVD that Joe was given, Traditional Adventure II. Bill does good work   :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1338 on: February 26, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »
About three weeks ago, Hunter and I were talking when I mentioned to him the his Ancient Spirits recurve was too small for him, that he had outgrown it. (Back at the Muzzy in August Cade had shot the bow, and it was obvious that it shot flatter than what he was shooting at the time.)  Without hesitation, Hunter said, I should give it to Cade then. I have to tell you, it made me pretty proud to hear him say that.  Fast forward to last Friday night, shortly after we arrive at Shawn's and begin to unpack, Hunter breaks out the bow and goes looking for Cade.  he finds him, Cade gives Hunter a lolli pop and Hunter hands him the bow, saying, this is for you.  Cade made Curt change over his quiver to his new bow on the spot......a short time later Cade shows up with a box for Hunter and a nice neck knife......the box contained a dozen Gold Tip 600 arrows, fletched in Team Pink colors...

Then Cade made his way to me and presented Hunter and I something I have admired since I saw the first one given away at Shawn's...one of Curt's handmade, snakeskin wrapped, stone tipped arrows....

Cade and Curt, all I can say is thank you....  :notworthy:    :notworthy:  
I hope that Cade enjoys that bow for a long time, your gifts will always have a special place for Hunter and I.

Later, during the raffle, among a couple of bows and video, Hunter won this awesome little neck knife.....

I won just by being there!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1339 on: February 26, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
Dave, is that the knife that Ru made. That little thing is cool. You've got one heck of a little man there. Hopefully we can get him into some action this fall on some bigger critters. Big Ed

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©