3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27108 times)

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #1340 on: February 26, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
Mr.Rash,you have a PM and an Email. Jeff

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1341 on: February 26, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
More stories and pics. I know there has to be a ton. One of the best moments for me was when my own lil' Mikey killed his bunny. I was right below him and Jamie barking orders and when jamie confirmed Mikey had killed a bunny, it bought tears to my eyes. ya see i get passionate about this thing and sometimes I get very emotional for no other reason than loving the person who just made a kill!! Mikey I do love ya man!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1342 on: February 26, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
You know I wasnt letting that one get away!! I doubt it would have made it far anyway, nice and tight to the shoulder and the arrow wasnt letting him go anywhere. Still see that shot in my mind, and wow.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1343 on: February 26, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
Think I mentioned this before... Anyway... I don't remember taking that shot. Was kinda like it wasn't me shootin'. The arrow just flew to the bunny. But it re-plays and re-plays in my minds heart all day and night. You'd think it was a ten point buck or somethin'. Strange? I Think Not.

xoxoxo mike xoxoxo
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1344 on: February 26, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
:clapper:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1345 on: February 26, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
I think I get more pumped shooting at those Bunnies than I do deer. After the last drive was over in the rabbit valley, Bob Brown and I were going to walk the corn back to the airport instead of going to the road, right then Joe jumped a Bunny in the corn. I got a quick snap shot at it but missed, that was a fitting end to the hunt for me, excitement till the bitter end.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1346 on: February 26, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
who did win RU's knife?
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1347 on: February 26, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
The neck knife that Hunter won is one of my creations. It's what I call a Skippy Kustoms necker. Made from sawblade steel with bloodwood and cocobolo with maple accents and a handmade sheath. I'm glad you like it. I hope Hunter enjoys it for years to come. Skippy

I do recall mention of RU making knives but never got a chance to chat with him. Has he posted any pics of his stuff in the knife forum?
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1348 on: February 26, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
Very sweet Skippy, Works of art. Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1349 on: February 26, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
Jennifer and I were milling aroung in the opening on top of the hill by the old house on the end of the first day. There were guys in all directions and the fellows down by the road had some bunnies running in all directions. It was a couple of young guys from PA I believe, I didn't get their names (one donated some beautiful arrows that Jennifer won) but those guys didn't let a spot go undisturbed. They were hunting. One of the bunnies comes running from the road toward at least 10 guys and nobody cut a hair. It ran up the hill toward Jen and she held her shot because it was downhill toward some of the guys. She said "I know the arrow would just hit the ground but I was afraid it would ricochet and hit one of the guys down the hill". Just as I was explaining how proud I was of her for making such a good call an arrow comes sailing over our heads from the brush down the hill. The rabbit made it into the brush and Bowspirit let one fly. He evidently hit a limb and it sent it up out of the brush and over the hill. Jen and I were standing there and Bowspirit came up and was apologizing all over himself. I told him not to worry about it that those things sometimes happen. He had no idea we were up top and he couldn't have expected for his arrow to get deflected. I was just impressed by the two young hunters. One didn't shoot, one did and experienced some bad luck but fessed up and apologized. Good hunters both of them! I guess the point of the story is that we all still have lots to learn from each other. I know I learned a lot! Mostly that traditional bowhunters are about the best people you will ever meet!

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1350 on: February 27, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »
ken
 i was lucky enough to win ru's knife--actually my second ru knife [i won one 2 yrs ago]--he definately is a knife making phenom!!he only turned 16 last sunday!!
    thanks ru---aram you've raised a fine young man !!
Mike

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1351 on: February 27, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
Would the guy with the Woodland longbow (sorry I forgot your name) made by Rick Ingraham please PM me....... Thanks.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1352 on: February 27, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
Guys, gonna draw the Maddog bow tonight and I have not gotten many names!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1353 on: February 27, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
Bamboo, lets see some pics.  Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1354 on: February 27, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
Jason the knife is beautiful, Hunter loves it.  I put both knives he got this weekend away the other day, the next day I come home and he has both of them out on an end table by the couch.  Tells me, "I just want to look at them Dad"....  :thumbsup:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1355 on: February 27, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
Sounds and looks like a great time was had by all! Congradulations Shawn!! Hap

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1356 on: February 27, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
Thank you Hot Hap for all your donations. We didn't win one but your name came up again and again, attached to all great prizes in the raffle.
$5300 OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1357 on: February 27, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
Mike Robin won the knife Ru made and I know he deserved it better than most.  Mike won a knife from Ru two years ago and last year not only he was wearing it but also made a beautiful sheath for it.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Congratulations Mike! (Even though I was really eyeing that knife myself   :mad:    :D .)  
(I also know some kid must be really happy with the beautiful bow Mike built for the auction.)   :notworthy:

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1358 on: February 27, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
 I was right below him and Jamie barking orders and when jamie confirmed Mikey had killed a bunny...
I remember the excitement of that news.     :scared:      :help:   Why did I fall for this again!?!

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1359 on: February 27, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »
Thank you Shawn for all you do to make this happen! And we all know behind every great man there is an awesome woman. Thank Cindy for making this the dream event that it is. Late after everyone had gone to sleep, Shawn was trying to slow down and there was Cindy in the kitchen, soaking a vat of dirty dishes and getting stuff ready for the next day.   :notworthy:    :notworthy:  
Cindy, you are my true hero of this hunt!
Aram

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©