3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27088 times)

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #1360 on: February 27, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
I've drueled over Ru's knive's since the first one he made,very talented

Shawn barks order's ??? LOL Not only was Cindy soaking that big tub of dishes she refused help to wash them yup she's definately a good one for sure   :scared:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1361 on: February 27, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
Behind every strong man is a stronger woman...  :thumbsup:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1362 on: February 27, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »
Guys, Thanks to all!! We had a great time and I know there has to be more pics. Curt has some I know!! I am gonna draw for the kids bow at 8pm. tonight. I now have about 25 people in so far!! I have all the Pms and ya can get in until 7pm. this evening. Remember ya have to have attended the hunt to be eligible. I have had 25 other people who wanted in, cause they only read one or two post!! I will post winner at 8:03 or so. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1363 on: February 27, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »
Come on folks, I know there has to be more stories and pics. I have one for later!! I have about 30 total so far for the bow from Mad-dog archery!! I am hoping to wrap this up in the next few days!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1364 on: February 27, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
We were about to push Briar Back when Shawns friend Evert ( we owe him a big THANKS) says that he sees a rabbit under this big dead log. I said shoot it he says I don't have a bow ! I offerd to throw mine over the thick stuff and he says no try and come over. I plowed through the thick stuff and sure enough Evert points out the rabbit. Under the log beside the stump on the other side of the fence ! I figure how hard can this be. The only thing I could see were the rabbits eye but at four feet it should be easy! I took the shot and mmmmmmmmmmmissed but I swear the arrow deflected ! The bunny took off and ended up running a big circle with arrows flying all around him and came back to the log were I was waiting. I missed him running right at me then again going away ! Three shots at the same rabbit and never cut a hair !!!!!!!!!!!!
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1365 on: February 27, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
Heck I had five shots a sitting rabbit. You think you can get through that stuff. NOT.... Oh well, whatever I can do to help my little bud out. I was just building a fence around him. Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1366 on: February 27, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
Then came the "The Rabbit Valley".....

We had no sooner got set and I had a bunny run in from behind me coming from some of the guys still getting into position....I get Bill's attention so he could get some footage, I took my best opportunity for a shot, but missed(not sure if Bill got it on video or not). Never did find that AD Trad lite     :mad:  

Within minutes it got crazy as guys were shooting, and killing bunny's seemingly in every direction. Bill see's one coming and I see it about the same time....
It's poking along pretty good and as it gets in a safe spot with no one in line I shoot another good arrow out of Miss Faith as it speeds by at about 12yds....I hear a thump and the bunny starts flopping around...I'm instantly after it as it takes off toward ADKMTKen...he leaps and comes up short...I close in and make my move for it, but only get the arrows and pull it out and then it's gone in a second!

But I wasn't about to give up and I'm running as fast as my legs will go to see if I can find any sign of it. I ran it right to David and he put the "smack down" on it!!!!!

Congrats again brother!!!

Come to find out my arrow was just under the skin on it's back......A half inch lower and I'da broke it's back, but I wouldn't have it any other way than it happened......

Greg(Lar43's son) and the bunny he killed with his 90# bow     :notworthy:  .....

Everyone that killed a bunny on the first day....

Izzy and his boy Noah....

Heading back to the house....end of day one....

Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1367 on: February 27, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
I think I'm going to fire my entire staff of nurses & receptionists for getting me sick before the Bunny Hunt   :mad:  That was some kinda good time that I missed   :thumbsup:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1368 on: February 27, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
You can see the size of some of those rabbits in the group pic! And I can only claim one of the two I was holding...stroy behind that, but not one Im gonna tell...LOL.

Doc, Im sure you would have loved it. Maybe next time?

Great pics, as always, Curt.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1369 on: February 27, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
I swear I shot in self defense Curt.....just ask Drew.

That hill doesn't look like much, but I'm here to tell you that for me it was like a forced march heading home.....I was just beat up by then, and it only the first day......wouldn't have it any other way though!!!!!  :campfire:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1370 on: February 27, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
Ah Ed, you were still tired from killin' that first rabbit about ten minutes earlier!!!!!!  :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1371 on: February 27, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
That line coming up the road is awesome. I know other Tradgang groups did hunts this year, but they broke up into groups. We keep together and 80-90 bunny hunters in one big group, well those bunnies don't stand a chance!! Keep them stories coming. I am about to draw the winner of the Maddog Pup longbow!! I will be back in a minute~!!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1372 on: February 27, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
OK, here it is the winner is Guru(Curt Cabrera)!! Congrats bud!!! I want to thank everyone and ecspecially Vermonster for donating such a fine prize!! Curt send me your addy and I will mail the certificate out to you tomorrow!! We had 31 people enter the drawing for the bow, Tahnks to all!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1373 on: February 27, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:  Congrats Curt
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1374 on: February 27, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
Gees, you're on a role Curt! Congrats!!!!!!!!  :clapper:    :clapper:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1375 on: February 27, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
Wow, Is my Emmie Mae excited!!!  Thanks David and Mike for the donation    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1376 on: February 27, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
Congratulations Emmie Mae!!!!!!   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1377 on: February 27, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Yup, I even put my name in the hat. I figured I could give it to my grand children someday!! I know I won something I wanted to mention. It was Larry's arrows, man they are sweet and shoot perfect out of the Bunny Bow I won back this year. The Kodiak that gets past around, not to mention the pink bra and panties!!! Come to think of it Cindy and I are getting a room tomorrow night, they may come in handy!! Now that deserves an OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1378 on: February 27, 2009, 09:10:00 PM »
Hey Greg, Curt and Cade- as I sat in the dentist chair this morning, in pain, it made me think of how much I'd rather be standing between you 3 guys at the end of Briarback Mtn or in the middle of ANY briar patch, pulling thorns and screaming "bunny"!  Hope all is well- congrats on the bow too Curt!  

Matt

PS- Got my 1st squirrel today with the recurve- pics to come.  Only wish it was a rabbit last weekend.
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1379 on: February 27, 2009, 09:25:00 PM »
Way to go Curt   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©