3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27084 times)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #1400 on: March 01, 2009, 07:30:00 AM »
OOOOOHHHHHHHH YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1401 on: March 01, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »
WOW! I haven't checked in for awhile. You guys had a fantastic hunt this year with an ever increasing influx of Gangers. Sure wish you guys could hold the event in a warmer climate. I couldn't possibly draw me bow as big as I'd be bundled in clothing. About all you'd see of me is eyes and a mass of wool.

What a great time it looks like you all had. Good stuff guys!  :clapper:   CK

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1402 on: March 01, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
I just wanted to thank Bowspirit for the awesome quiver and arrows he donated to the raffle.  I should have found him and personally thanked him but all I had was bunnies on the mind.  I did'nt end up getting a bunny on my first attendance to the JLMBH, but I did hit one and get a "clean pass through"  on another.  And my new Quiver thanks to bow Spirit has the scars to prove I was there.  Luckily I left the arrows in the truck as they where too pretty for the briars to touch.  Homer(Matt) used the 200 gr jackhammers that where threaded on my new arrows and somehow put one of them though a bunny without killing it????  Unbelievable little animals, I think the only thing tougher than them up in Selkirk NY are the briars.  Anyway Thanks Bowspirit, that quiver will be with me on many hunts to come.
Pete
peter Osimanti

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1403 on: March 01, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
Believe me Curtis, the more you get into the briars, the more layers of clothes that come off...by the end of the day you are drenched in sweat........

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1404 on: March 01, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
Yep and the clothes you have left on are well ventilated. No pain no gain.Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1405 on: March 01, 2009, 11:02:00 AM »
Like I said, who would want to stay home and eat cookies when you can bleed for free?

Well ventilated....Love it!  :jumper:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1406 on: March 01, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
I love reading all the stories. I was raised doing this with the shotgun and than in the last 8 years the bow. Curt,Jamie,David,Damon those guys are cut from the same mold as me and it seems every year we find a few more. Big Ed,Homer and the boys from Pittsburg PA were all right there and ready to do battle, I would run thru fire for ya all!! Great group of guys to be in the woods with!! Bill can't wait to see the video, your work is awesome. I watched several of your videos and it is grea t how they are so down to earth and to have your Dad right there with you is how it should be!! Thankyou my friend and regardless what ya say about yourself I don't think you are a "w%^$$y"!! That scene that I watched unfold and you yelling don't shoot me, don't shoot me and than turning the camera on yourself and asking who was that "you know what" was a riot!! Keep the pics. and stories coming folks!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1407 on: March 01, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »
Everyone was sore and stiff, and the weather had certainly changed....but we were right out in it. Sunday morning warm-ups.....

We got Mark Fedrizzi's rolling bunny thrower heated up.....

David with a sign of things to come....

Big Ed, Cade's newest, biggest bud also with a sign....

Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1408 on: March 01, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

Cade and and his "real life cowboy buddy" Doug on the Green house push as I pushed by....

The unfortunate part of this hunt getting so big is that there are now actually people that attend that you don't get to meet. So I'm sorry for not knowing the name of this fine shooting TG'er,But he killed the first bunny of Sunday's hunt on the first Green house" push.Sorry bud, please fill in a name .....

The troops marching off to "BriarBack Mt".....

"BriarBack" was something all new to me. Not that I haven't been there before, but because it was the fist time in all the years since we started hunting over there that I wasn't a pusher!
 I had Cade with me too!! And it was awesome! We both got a bunch of shots and he was all smiles. it was cool to have Greg and Matt just up the hill from us just layin' arrows out there after the bunny's!

It was also the only bad experience I had. When one of the hunters decided he was gonna get right in front of Cade and I, making for a very "un-safe condition" because "we were getting all the shots"....there was some words exchanged and there would have been more had my son not been with me. He acted as though I could control where the bunnies were going to run and he had a bad spot.No names mentioned, he'll know who he is when he reads this....

Shawn and I let it go this time....but the only reason I mention it is because this kind of behavior will not be tolerated! It won't happen again, if it does Shawn will kindly ask you to leave! This is a hunt among friends old and new. There's no bunny in the world worth arguing over and making things un-safe for others!

Now on to the bunnies!!!

Nikki and his bunny boy Jamie"ishiwannabe"....

Proud Papa Aram, with his whole gang.....

Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1409 on: March 01, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »
Four of my bud's with their bunnies from "BriarBack"....
Doug and "Miss Faith"....

David...

Big Ed...

Little Mikey...Ya can't help but luv the guy

Again, I'm sorry,but i don't know the name of this sharp shooter either....

David, Cade, and Hunter heading for "Greenhouse push two"....

Damon "Nomad88" adding to his trad kills....

Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1410 on: March 01, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
Cold and wet, my Boy hung in there thanx to the help of others...

Heading home...

Awesome hunt fellas and ladies, some real good shootin'!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1411 on: March 01, 2009, 02:35:00 PM »
Great pictures Curt. I can still feel the rain and the thorns...

I gotta tell ya, Cade is one impressive young man. I was watching him a lot that weekend- shooting, hunting, and interacting with everyone. Way beyond his years...I think you two make a heck of a team.
All of the kids were rather impressive actually. If you think about it, they did every hunt, and one extra. Hunter taking money from a grown men was another awesome highlight...  :D  
Hope Shawn is still having this shin-dig when my boy is big enough to tag along...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1412 on: March 01, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »
Curt, awesome as usual!! Also Curt is 100% right about shear stupidity, after this guy steps in front of a line of standers, he than proceeds to to walk by and try and go off and hunt without the group!! I put a quick stop to that but only after having to get nasty. Guys you know me, I don't get nasty!!   :rolleyes:    well not too often!!   :bigsmyl:   !! This hunt is a supposed to be a group effort and we strive to make it safe, we will continue to do so!! Briarback turned out to be better than ever!! It is still brutally thick but it produced more bunnies on this day than 4 other hunts there combined!! 6 bunnies in all and only one from the greenhouse push and again post your name. I witnessed that shot right after I had missed that same bunny!! You PA. boys are welcome anytime!! Gotta love all those sharpshooters!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1413 on: March 01, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »
Great Pictures Curt! Thanks A Bunch!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1414 on: March 01, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »
Sounds to me like the JLMBH beat the "a..hole" ratio by a long shot. Only 1 with over 80 attendees. Says a lot about the TradGangers. It is also a self adjusting lot. They either get it or get out! No room for any of that non-sense. It's only a rabbit and you can buy a whole chicken for a lot less money. Curt my friend, you have gained more of my respect. You did the right thing by not letting anything escalate and trust me the little guys do know what's going on. You were a fine example.

Fantastic photos and looks like an amazing second day. Glad to see everyone had a great time.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1415 on: March 01, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »
Ditto Terry!  Overall one of the best bunch of guys and gals you can hang out with, without a doubt.....

On the last greenhouse push, I took Hunter and Cade with  me.  One rabbit came through, right between Hunter and I, who was about 20 yards to my right.  I shot after the rabbit passed and was behind us, Hunter didn't shoot at all.  I later asked him why he didn't shoot at that rabbit, without hesitation he said, "because you and Cade were on the other side dad".....I gotta tell you it was pretty neat to hear that answer.

On the way out of the greenhouse woods, Cade was following me, I stopped and said " I'm pretty good in the woods, but probably not as good as your dad though right", Cade says, "You're pretty awesome David, but my dad's a superstar"  Then he says to me, " but you're a superstar to Hunter though, because you're his dad"

Every kid that I have interacted with on this hunt over the years have been just like this, it is a true reflection of what you have all done as their parents, and has become a huge part of this hunt.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1416 on: March 01, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
Lets face it, it is a rather amazing group of people...adults, kids....those "behind the scenes". The hunt is more than a hunt...on many levels. I just feel blessed to be a part of it.
                         -Jamie

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1417 on: March 01, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »
Wish I could have stayed for the second day. Sounds like it was a blast! Thanks guys for the pm's and phone numbers. I will be in touch. Curt if you have pics send them along. We need a few for the dvd jacket and cover etc...
Sorry I have not e-mailed back to all of you, but my computer is still really messed up. The bunny video master is done, showed it to my Dad and wapitimike today. They approved! Can't wait to share my "side" of this great event!!! Check with you later.-Bill

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1418 on: March 01, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
Can't wait to see the viedo! Hope next year you guys can stay for Sunday too, because the Briarback Mtn would be a great addition to the DVD. And next year, my favorite camera man will be with me when we go thru the briars for real action viedo. Hope you guys got the gas problem fixed on the way home after the raffle. Hope all is well, see you guys soon!

Matt

PS- Shawn and Curt, just remember like water sheds off a duck's back, don't let it get to you. You guys are the best, its all about the kids!
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1419 on: March 01, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
tried to post a pic, it was too big!
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©