3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)  (Read 27139 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 09(My Final Thankyou!!)
« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
When shall we start posting raffle donation pics and such? Going to be some good ones this year.    :D
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
Shawn...the michigan fellers would like to combine our raffle proceeds with your hunt for St Jude again!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
Those are a little heavy for your bow mike

jim---
i guess i didn't show you the #70 pearson longbow i got last spring--and you know how tough those ravina bunnies are!!
Mike

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2009, 08:31:00 PM »
Yeah there are David...  :saywhat:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Steve that would be awesome!! PM me and we can set it up!! Everyone, last year with the Michigan guys and their hunt we went over $3000 lets do it again. David, yes we can post pics. of raffle stuff anytime. I will announce the guest this weekend, as to be honest it still depends on availability, either way they will be special!! I also want to announce that Onestringer is again donating some of his awesome wraps, guys these are the best out there and his prices are too!! Check them out and try them for yourself!!! The Greenhouses are good and the Rabbit Valley is good as is the Island of trees, but the second valley push right after the island of trees is loaded with bunnies and this year will be hard to beat. We are gonna find out how the new spot is on Sat be to the house a little after two and we will give it a good go. Lots of cover and great to push as it is loaded with old logging roads, you know what that means->>>---------> OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #265 on: January 13, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
I just want to mention the Legendsbow again for guys just starting to post. Go to the their web-site and check Mikes bows out, very nice and best of all ya can see the donated bow right on the front page of their site!! Also HotHap sent his stuff and so many others I will thank as we move along!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #266 on: January 13, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »
After reading these posts, the Compound Guy is stoked and has called my 2x's already to see if I'm going. He's really psyched especially being his sister just finished building a house only 20 minutes south of Shawn. Leaves more money for raffles..  :bigsmyl:    Should also be my 2 sons and his nephew. Put us in for a couple trays of something Italian from Lil Italy Elmont and we'll have some items for the raffle table.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2009, 01:28:00 AM »
If there's still room for the warm up on Saturday, I think I can make it...
BTW, does anyone have any 145-175 grain, glue on blunts they'd be willing to sell off their hands. Got some new hickories I'd like to use, just no glue on points...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »
Looks like I can make Saturday too, if you need another "dog".

Edit:  Daughter coming home from college for long weekend,  I'm out again  :banghead:

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
Shawn,

Just a quick note,in case it got lost in all these awesome  post. I wil bring ketchup, mustard mayo, relish. I think I may need a place to sleep too.

Pete Smith
You get what you get.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »
I have 125 glue ons Chris...you can use your imagination to make em heavier...want em?
I am looking forward to Saturday...
Shawn, if its alright I will bring a raffle item then, so Im not tempted to keep touching it and playing....lol! wait til you see this thing...
Jim, where abouts? I dont know how far away, but we might be able to work out a ride thing if ya need. Or you could follow me...I know how you LI people are on these back roads  :D  ....Im about 20 minutes South too...
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »
Chris come on down Sat!! Keith, sorry bud!! Izzy ya coming? Ken what about you? Between 2-2:30 Sat. So far we have Jamie,Damon,Chris,Gaffey,Curt,and Me, so room for a few more!! Wait until ya hear what Mike(Bamboo) has conjured up for the raffle, it is sweet and it is something we all would love to do!! I took a ride today at 4pm over to the new spot, I saw 5 rabbits on the way in, I did not even get out of the truck. It should be good!! Things are shaping up nicely. I will have the motel phone # by Friday evening and will post it for guys who do not want to stay at the house. It will be a discounted rate and you will just have to mention the bunny hunt and St. Judes to get the rate. I have been working hard and again we will have our porta-potty donated and the firehouse will do all the tables and chairs, so I will have a little bucket for donations to them. Lets hope we have cold overcast weather and a little fresh snow for the hunt, but not the day of the hunt as I may have to work if we get it! Things are shaping up perfect, the bow from Legendsbows is on its way. I am gonna shoot it a few times just because!! Don't forget to PM David(hntfrdk) or whatever that dam screen name is with what you are bringing for our fabulous meal on sat. I cannot wait! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »
Ill be there bud.Frozen or not.

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
I only made it to page 10, I'll read the rest later. i would love to attend and will bring anything you want. i do have a ton of wild boar and deer meat from this year, so if you need a main meal, I can make a stew or roast. I have never rabbit hunted before. i am pumped about this

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Skip, PM Huntrdfk and see what is needed, he is doing the list.
Supposed to be a tad chilly Izzy...Im sure Shawn will have us running and warm enough. LOL.
Im surprised no one posted raffle items yet...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
Skip, we would love to have ya!! A main dish to feed 15-20 would be ideal, as Jamie said contact huntrdfk. The only other requirement is an item for our St. Judes raffle. I will start with one of my items. I do not do pics. though but ya can go to the website and see it. This item is sweet. I have a SITKA GEAR 45 Pack, this is their largest pack at 4500 cubic inches and will hold everything and the kitchen sink!! Check it out!! Izzy glad ya can come, do not dress too warm as jamie said we will be hoofing it thru the nasty stuff, should be a great time!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
Saterday looks definitly possible, will know more friday, a couple big ive fishing contests though!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
I want that pack!!

Shawn, I made a long distance call today and I expect a call back soon...someone was pretty excited on the other end, but needed to check with "the boss"....sure appreciates the offer!!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
Curt, very cool!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
Well one of the items I'm bringing is going to be glued up soon by a generous TG Sponsor. Will post pics when I have it in hand.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©