3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ups sux w/pics  (Read 4831 times)

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
ups sux w/pics
« on: January 03, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
sent this kohannah fury to my buddy chas in pa.
i wanted him to get it before xmas so i said,"what the hay",i'll pay the extra money and ship it ups.
   well,this is what he got.i filed a claim.
found out today that i lost.they said it wasn't packed properly.
    the ups lady told me i could appeal but there is a 99% chance i won't win.
   this WAS a beautiful bow.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ups sux w/pics
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
I never use UPS. Hard to appeal when they do the deciding to boot.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
Yep, been there, done that!  Avoid UPS at all cost!
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline SpikeMaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
I'll never use UPS again. I always use the USPS. I've never had a problem shipping with the USPS. Fast and cheap.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
I am a shipping manager at my work, our company quit ups and went to fed ex.. due to this exact thing, they would almost never pay claims.. always the same thing.. improper packaging, even though it was securely wrapped in bubble wrap or whatever. I had the usps lose my PLV take down widow longbow recently, but they did pay the claim, but as far as I know it has never surfaced.  but you are right about ups!! they I guess, feel they can do what they want..
sorry for your loss,but I would be FURIOUS with them..
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »
They mishandled this package badly enough to BREAK a limb away from the riser, and you didn't pack it properly??? Holy cow!!!

Wow, I'm just glad my last bow got to me safely. UPS just bought OUT of my business, forever.
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline JasonV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »
How do they determine that it WAS or WASN'T properly packed?????  
I guess if it didn't break, then it was packed OK - if it breaks when they drop a 200# box on it, then YOU didn't pack it well enough??????

A few scratches I can see, even a twisted limb, but broken in 2????????
The beaten path is for beaten men.

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
Man dont even get me started.  I had the worst luck with ups in the last month.  Everything about the same you stated above.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
That really sucks!

Now I'm really glad that I talked an individual into not using UPS to send me a bow yesterday.

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »
yah...also involved in shipping thru UPS at work.   basically if it is not totally encased in packaging that THEY have preapproved, you aint gonna win a claim.

and you should see how they test packing  :)  

the claim process wasn't so bad until they farmed out their insurance/claim business to another company.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline Shape Shifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
UPS totally sucks. I recently ordered my nephew a new Bear Grizzly. It was delivered with half the top of the box missing. One of the tip overlays and the top limb was really scratched. I would definitely try to avoid UPS at all costs whenever you can. I think all of us should write UPS cause this is getting outrageous...
"Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit"

Offline Ed Isaacs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
I had a similar episode with USPS...caveat emptor
"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us To see oursels as others see us! It
wad frae mony a blunder free us, And foolish notion."

Robert Burns

Offline Tom Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
Nope, you won't recover a cent.
I had a deer mount damaged in shipmentand we opened the box in front of the UPS driver to confirm the damage.
Even got the local news channel "problem solver" lady involved, complete with news coverage. Still, not a cent.
(formerly "NativeCraft")
Wilson, NC

"short skirts create less drag in the woods..." (Dave Worden)

Offline bowfiend

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
This happened to me, too. The thing that really gets me is that they are more than willing to take your money for insuring the package and never say word 1 about "proper packaging".
Is it September yet?!

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
I had similar grief with Fed Ex Ground.  I filed a lawsuit in Small Claims Court.  Fed Ex settled with me -- not a total recovery, but something anyway.  If you feel it was well packaged and protected (and you saved the packaging), you might consider taking it to a judge.  There's a little paperwork on your part and a small court fee, but the satisfaction of winning (or getting a settlement) is worth it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
We had a problem with UPS too but not with a bow or archery equipment. We had a 1966
Pontiac Tripower manifold and carbs we bought off ebay shiped to us. The guy screwed the thing down inside a wooden crate. When we got it it was broken loose and beat up like it fell out of the truck and rolled around for a couple days. Totaly smashed it up. So we filled a claim. Since it was bought on ebay they won't accept the price we paid. They told us "go to a car dealer and find the cost to replace it" Yeah My local Pontiac dealer has 40 year old parts on the shelf. I ended up finding a couple places online to satisfy this stall tactic. So then they say they will have the UPS driver pick it up and take it to the local UPS office. .. It ended up in New Jersey at a business. Luckily they called us and let us know what UPS had done. They started talking with their UPS people and so did we. It ended up being shipped back to the seller (who still has it BTW) I bet it was 6 months later when we finaly heard from UPS who actually paid up.

I think alot of that was because it was shipped to a business and not somone they could push around. Of couse we kept bugging them too. They loose and accout if we go away from them. They nearly did over that deal. We ship everyday through them. Otherwise I'm sure they would have let us hang.

Sorry the messed you up. But we've had problems with Fed Ex too. Don't use USPS enough to know. I did recieve a bow blank USPS that was just wrapped in buble wrap. And through USPS it was fine.
Jason Lester

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
Just for your info every bow I mail out I take it to mailbox plus next town over I have them package itAnd INSURE IT this just cost GReybeard around 38.00 or so when I mailed him a Chaparral alpine but he received it the next day and in tact.There was a bowyer that refuses to mail his bows out ups. . 38.00 is still cheaper than that 425.00 Kohannah . Bob does build a beautiful bow .

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »
let me help ya pvc pipe 2 end caps...shipped with bubble wrap with ins. us post office about 22.00 bucks to ship...no problem..marco#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
Thats said,if you ship a bow UPS you need to package it in a bomb-proof package.That's not the first time I have seen bows severly damaged like that shipped by UPS.I men accidents happen but that looks like someone ran over it with a truck.I have had good luck shipping USPS priority mail and I insure.

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
I worked for UPS in various capacities for 11 years been out of there about 10.  I don't know if this still holds true but it is worth a shot.  Now I assume that you paid for additional insurance or your claim is only worth $100 anyway.

Call UPS and tell the person on the phone you want to file a "NATIONAL COMPLAINT" this is the internal wording that they use and these, at least at the time, were tracked in the system and got attention  quickly.  

Also don't let them give you the "improperly packaged" crap.  That wont hold in small claims and they know it.  They accepted it into their system and at that point took responsibility for it.

They will cave eventually but they are also tracked on the money they pay out in claims because anything they don't pay is gravy. So it may take a little work.

If all else fails I would go to the local UPS place and tell them you were not leaving until they resolved your issue.  Anyone who says they can't solve your problem you simply tell them, "you obviously arn't smart enough to help me can I please speak to someone smarter than you."     :D
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©