3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kansas City Area Trad Hunt II. Adventure continues  (Read 4494 times)

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kansas City Area Trad Hunt II. Adventure continues
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
What time at the gas station?
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Dan, 07:00 am 31st of January.  The meeting place is the Liberty gas station @ K-4 and 16hwy. Tripper
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
Ok, the list of people who are definate:
twosheds
Gatekeeper
WoodsyDave
Paul/KS
Rodneybrintle
bmn
bretto
ksbowman
Mike Horton (The Nocking Point)
kskickapoo
VA
Bmoeller
rg176bnc
Bob Snow
Mike Dunaway
Tim Schrader
KsDan
LilRed & son
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »
One more question:  What are you guys shooting at rabbits?  Broadheads , hex heads, etc. ???  Also flu flus or regular fletch?

Thanks
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »
Also- you guys want me to bring any breakfast venison steaks?  Just got another doe here in unit 19. . . may take it to Salvation Army.  Will we eat it??

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
Judo's and blunt's Dan. The deer season's closed up there and I wouldn't cary any broadheads in your quiver. The game wardens might not like it  :readit:    :)

Dang, It looks like you guys might have some snow on the ground also. That should make for a great hunt and pictures.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
Bring the steaks Dan and I'll bring a frying pan and some seasonings...  :)  
Congratulations on the deer too BTW...  :thumbsup:

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
I hear you Tracy- that always strikes me as odd though, there are still turkeys, coyotes, bobcats, and besides those seasons, carrying broadheads sure is not illegal.  Hunting rabbits on my own I always use them.  But, I sure did not want to injure someone or a dog!  I'll heed your warning. . .

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »
Okay. . . steaks on the way.  Going for another one or two tonight! Firefly longbow is longing to be ridden!!  The one I took last night was the sweetest 30+ yd shot I ever had.  Once I get pics I will tell the story.

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »
Do we still have a go on the beagles with Mike and Chris???  Haven't seen Chris post lately(KsKickapoo)
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »
This is what we will be eating. . . She is hangin out in the barn as I write.  Ahhh, fresh venison for tradgangers.

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
KSdan..congrats   :thumbsup:
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »
Thanks. .  weigh her tomorrow. I am betting close to 140 field dressed.  This is one of those unit 19 deer.  I took another the last day of the regular season- Dec 31st in a regular unit.  Been fun taking down a few mature does where there are a boat load.  Honestly though, I think KS has WAY over-harvested in many areas.

I'll let her hang a few days in this cold weather then butcher her wed or thurs.  FRESH steaks for bkfst and lunch for KS tradgang!  Oh yea. . .

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »
Nice job on the doe Dan...  :thumbsup:  
Can't beat a fat doe for good eating. And I agree with what you said about the over harvest in some areas.
Looking forward to seeing you Saturday.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
Great looking doe Dan, Hope You get to fill the rest of Your tags also.

Looks like a little snow moving in today!! The way the weather people are talking might get a couple of inches. Maybe We'll luck out and some will stick around for the weekend.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2009, 02:06:00 AM »
Cool!  Wish I was gonna be there, I'd fire up the disc and do some chicken fried deer steak that would make ya'll slap your Mamma!
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »
Congrats Dan   :thumbsup:  Looks like you guys will be eating good for sure.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
Thanks Tracy.  Good luck on your surgery.  If for any reason you are drugged up enough and want to go along for the ride, let me know.  We can set up a good lounging lawn chair by the fire for you!   :bigsmyl:

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
Well with the string of luck we've been having calling coyotes, I think I'm gonna stay on my side of the border and do that saturday.  See if I can't keep it going.  It took a little pondering, but thats what I'm gonna do.

Guess I'll have to wait for the next bunny shoot.  You all shootem up and have fun.  I'll see if I can help out the rabbits over here.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline WoodsyDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
I'll be hangin' with Brian... Catch ya next trip

WoodsyDave

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©