3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kansas City Area Trad Hunt II. Adventure continues  (Read 4491 times)

Offline kskickapoo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kansas City Area Trad Hunt II. Adventure continues
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
Twosheds & etal:
I just responded to Gatekeeper's PM after waiting to hear from Mike the beagle man and unfortunately he is not available tomorrow.  I also had a friend pencil me in to return a favor (laying down hardwood floor) over this weekend so I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend either.  I apologize for the last minute notice but I hope you guys have a good time regardless.
Chris

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
Tracy, did they cut on You yesterday?

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »
Yep they did, It went real well and they were able to fix everything in the hip. I will be off of work 4 weeks.

Alot better than the shoulder surgery last June and I feel pretty good   :D    Doc said four months and I can start traning for the fall hunting season.   :jumper:      :jumper:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
Chris, sorry to hear you won't be there. Maybe next time. I'm sure we can manage without the beagles.

Tomorrow is the day fella's. I have the food all packed up and ready to go. I'm going to be at the Liberty gas station at about 06:30.

Hope everybody coming from afar has a safe drive in the morning. It's gonna be fun.

See ya in the morning, Tripper
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Glad everything went good Tracy!!! See You all in the Morning.

Offline rg176bnc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
I'll be fighting a water heater in the morning  :(   have fun.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
Hey Tracy,
Good to hear that all went well. You get all mended up, that's an "order"...
Setting the alarm, it'll be nice to sleep in compared to getting up for work. Got the coffee, pots, stove and frying pans in the truck. I'll also be bringing a target bag for warm up shots.
See ya in the AM...

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2009, 12:55:00 PM »
tic toc tic toc tic toc.........

Well, I ain't there.  I worked a forced double last night (2nd and 3rd's) got home and went to Emmett's pine wood derby race and just got home a few minutes ago at about 11:40.  Been up since about 9:30 yesterday morning and can't decide if I should try to lay down and sleep or jump in the truck and drive towards Valley Falls.  Don't feel too bad right now but usually on past 24 to 26 hour blocks with no sleep it hits REAL sudden.  

Might need a flashing yellow light for the truck 'cause I'd probably be cleaning out a couple ditches during the drive over thataway...

Smart money is to take a nap and try getting up while it's still daylight.

You guys post back and let me know how you made out.  

Too bad you won't have the beagles but it may be a blessing in disguise.  The beagles pretty much guarantee you will see bunnys but on the run.  Hunting without dogs might allow you to jump a bunny and have it run a little ways then stop and offer a shot.  Or maybe even spot one before it runs.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline brmize

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
"After we've lost a natural place, it's gone for eveyone-hikers, campers, boaters, bicyclists, animal watchers, fishers, hunters, and wildlife-a complete and absolutely democratic tragedy of emptiness."  Richard Nelson

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
:campfire:  I bet the gang will hunt all day. Stories and pics will be streaming in after dark. It's 64 degrees right now in Blue Springs..may be too nice for bunny hunting..hope not..bhfp
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline brmize

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
Yeah I bet your right, wish I could have gone.
"After we've lost a natural place, it's gone for eveyone-hikers, campers, boaters, bicyclists, animal watchers, fishers, hunters, and wildlife-a complete and absolutely democratic tragedy of emptiness."  Richard Nelson

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »
Were back.
The morining started out great. We all met and did a little bs'ing in the parking lot until about 7:30.
Then we moved to the parking lot and had one hell of a breakfast. I'm not sure what he put on those deer steaks, but that was the best tasting deer meat I've ever eaten.

We all finally decided it was time to get the ball rolling and headed for the gate.

A little over a hundred yards into the hunt, Tom stomped a rabbit out of a brush pile for me and I missed a forty yard running shot.

A little later, Mike Horton and I were standing in a hedge row talking and I had a rabbit attack me. He came up from behind me showed his fangs, and made a hasty exit. I missed him at about ten feet. The wind was blowing hard and caused me to shoot high. HEHE!

I think that was the only two rabbits I saw. There were several other sightings, but no shots. At least, none that anybody owned up to.

We hunted for several hours and made our way back to the truck. there, Mike Horton mentioned he knew where a rabbit haven was and that we all had to be blindfolded in order to go to this place. I don't know where we went, but I think Mike was taking us to a dud place so we wouldn't find his real honey hole.

I think the official head count was seventeen. I met a bunch of great guys and had a great time. I think I have the best hunting pals in the whole country. Tripper

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
Yup. . . it was a GREAT day.. Few sightings of rabbits and I am not sure anyone cared!  Great food, frienship, talking bows-hunting, and life.  New friends, dreaming of hunts in the future.  Doesn't get much better.

Thanks to all who made it and the many I met for the first time.  Clearly a class act. . . thanks for a great memory.

Any other tradgangers around the country that can do this in your areas. . . it is beyond worth it!

Dan Rudman
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Well said Dan,
Yep, good food, good fellowship and a good time. Vince,aka, va and I headed north after the others headed for the "secret spot" and we had a good walk along the levee that skirts the river up there. No rabbits or even any sign up there either.
Had a good time shooting arrows at a pop bottle walking back.
Thanks to Tripper for getting this set up.  :thumbsup:   Sure was good to see the familiar faces and meet new folks.Not sure if this event would have been one for the Outdoor Channel or the Food Channel on tv but we sure had fun...
Paul

Offline rodneybrintle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »
my son and i had a great time as well. i stopped on the way home and picked up a dead deer after having those great steaks. i think i cooked them wrong because they tasted like tires and motor oil. we told great stories and met some of the finest folks around. sure glad trip got us to go. hope to see you all again. i will post the dates of the 3-d shoots at powder creek. talked to the gal on the way home and the board loved the idea and will have a final vote in a week or two. good times.
thats how i roll.

Offline rodneybrintle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
i also called kansas fish and game on the way home and due to trip's near death experience with that rabbit, the big five is now the big six. something had to be done. the bad news is, it now costs $32,000 to hunt rabbits.
thats how i roll.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
ttt
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
"the bad news is, it now costs $32,000 to hunt rabbits."

Yea Rodney, but only for non residents in Kansas.  Everywhere else you can drop the three zeros off the price.

So, where're the pictures?
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
Dave, I know Tom took some pics. Ben also had his camera along. I'm sure they will follow soon. Tripper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2009, 01:51:00 AM »
:campfire:    :coffee:  tap tap tap
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©