3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kansas City Area Trad Hunt II. Adventure continues  (Read 4499 times)

Offline rg176bnc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kansas City Area Trad Hunt II. Adventure continues
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
You have to buy the lic. to buy the turkey tag Dave.  On the upside the tags are the best bargain in the state.  The first one is 30 or 32.  The second is 20.  Can wackem both the same day too.

The station in Valley isnt a Caseys.  Not sure what it is now.

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
See if this helps.

The gas station in Valley Falls appears to be named Petro and Pantry. Here is a map link, address and phone number for this place.

http://www.yellowpages.com/info-LMS83563861/Petro-and-Pantry/maps?back_to=%2FValley-Falls-KS%2FGas-Stations%3F

For locations of nationally recognized gas stations around Valley Falls go here.

TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline va

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
I got a kitchen pass!  Game on!

I am now a definite.  I'll bring some $$$ cause even I rarely like my cooking.

Gatekeeper - you are awful thorough.  Now that I have a map to the Petrol&Pantry I have no more excuses.

What time do we plan on kickin' this romp into action?
Poor folk with poor ways, but rich just the same.

Online ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
Gatekeeper,Some horses should come in one pound packages! I've had some that would have been better to eat than ride! Do you want to meet somewhere and go up to the hunt together? Let me know and we'll figure out where would be best.  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
I'm going to drive up there today and do some recon. Tripper
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by ksbowman:
Do you want to meet somewhere and go up to the hunt together? Let me know and we'll figure out where would be best.  Ben
Are you asking me out? How many times do I have to tell you I’m a happily married man!

Okaaay… but you live way the hell over near….what’s that town called… Paola? And I live up here in God’s country. I’m not sure where the best place to meet is. Here are two options. These times and distances are from your house.

Gas station near my house is 1 hour 17 minutes or 77 miles
Leavenworth 1 hour 18 minutes or 68 miles

I figure Leavenworth might peak your interest because you could kill to birds with one stone. Go hunting and visit some friends at the Pen, but its up to you. Do either of these options make you gitty? Let me know if you can think of a better place to meet. My plan was to go thru Leavenworth, Easton, Winchester and over to Valley Falls. Since I am headed across 192 I could see if Mike wants a ride.

Is Kevin going to join us? Do you think Bob Snow would like to have a day out with the guys?

Let me know I will gladly share a ride with you.

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
Ok, the list of people who are definate:
twosheds
Gatekeeper
WoodsyDave
Paul/KS
Rodneybrintle
bmn
bretto
ksbowman
Mike Horton (The Nocking Point)
kskickapoo
VA
Bmoeller
Aeronut

list of maybe:
Dave Bulla
KSdan

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
Paul, HA! No jalapenos from hell this time around.  I can still see Sal with his nose running and eyes watering.....saying something like "that aint right" or "that aint funny" or sumthin..

I thought they were pretty tasty if you didn't mind blisters on your lips.   :scared:  

I'm also thinking, (scary thought there!) that instead of messing around with home cooked potatos, I could just use a bag of tater tots.  We use them at home sometimes for the kids but the other day I used some in my breakfast burritos and they worked great.  Just got them nice and crispy and then busted them up a little and added the eggs, cheese and pico.....MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Oh yea, this time, I promise, no flavored coffee.   :banghead:
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
Well shoot Dave, I liked them peppers...  ;)  I'd forgotten about Sal's reaction tho...  :D  

An idea on taters are those fresh ones in a bag. Simply Potatos I think they are called? When we do a crew breakfast here at the boiler plant we started using them. They also come in a "spicy" southwest style...
Just an idea, Dillons sells them around here if you want me to pick some up.

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
Alright guys, I drove up there and did a little recon. It looks good. I saw two bunnies in about two hundred yards of walking.

The gas station I keep referring too isn't a Kasey's. It is a 'Liberty'. The address to the gas station is 1420 K-4 hwy. Valley Falls, Ks.

The area is called Perry Wildlife management area. So you guys are right. I guess Valley Falls WMA was just a nickname.

The directions from the gas station are.
Turn out of the station and go left on K-4 .3 miles and turn left onto 16 west. Go 1.4 miles and turn right on Finney rd. right at this intersection is the Perry WMA sign. You will go over a bridge and the main road will veer to the left. Instead of going left, there is a dirt road that keeps going straight. From 16, the parking lot is .8 miles on Finney rd.

I hope this helps everyone.

What do you say 07:00 on the 31st of January meet at the Liberty gas station. From there we will go to the parking lot and have all the fixens. Tripper

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
I've got another question for you guys with tags. In this place, there is a huge amount of deer sign. All of the woods are long strips perfect for drives. would anybody be interested within the next couple of days, going up there and doing some deer drives.

Not trying to get off the subject but I think there would be a good chance of arrowing one in there. Tripper

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »
Is that area in unit 19 Tripper?

Dave Bullah, in Kansas a hunting license allows You to hunt small game: Rabbit, Squirrel. Waterfowl, Upland Game: Pheasant,Quail,Woodcock, Doves and Predators: Coyote, and Fox. Not including Bobcat which non-residents must purchase a tag costing $120.00 apiece prior to hunting for them!!!

Beaver,Raccoon and Possum require a Fur Harvesters license.

Turkey and Deer are considered Big game in Kansas and unlike most states where Your Deer or Turkey tag is also Your non-resident license Kansas requires all non-residents to also purchase a $72.50 hunting license.

Sorry I don't make the laws. If it's any consolation residents have to buy a license also but for half price.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
Perry isn't in unit 19...it's in unit 10.
"Game over man..."  :(  For deer that is.
Thanks for the sitrep on location and rabbits. Sounds like a plan...

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »
Thanks Paul, I didn't think it was in unit 19.

Online ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »
Gatekeeper, Just looked at a map, I thought it was farther north than it is,but if you could pick me up at my house it would save me from driving.Not asking you out, once was enough for me!Kevin says he'll never go anyplace with me again!I'll talk with Bob and see if he would like to go, he's never been anywhere with me so he might. By the way, about your wife says you may be happy but....LOL.   Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
Sorry guys, I didn't realize it wasn't in unit 19. Tripper

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
Ben I knew if I banged on your cage hard enough I could get you going. Now I’ll start working on someone else.

Kevin get yourself signed up or we’re going to make stories up about you while were hunting. If Bob Snow shows up, between Ben, Bob and me we will spin some very convincing tales.    :saywhat:  

Brett I get to be in front of you at the chow line. I’m not trying to imply anything…I’m just saying…well… I want to be ahead of you. Okay buddy?   :goldtooth:

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
No problem Tom, I didn't really want You behind Me anyhow!! Ben told Me about You.

Kevin, You know You can't miss out on this.

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
The boy has a wrestling meet...unless he gets eliminated Friday, I'll be sittin' in a gym...  :knothead:  

You may want to get BEHIND Bretto when ur bustin' brush....  :bigsmyl:  

Hope you guys have a blast
  :wavey:  

Kevin
  :archer:
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
How's the Lad doing so far this year Kevin. I really wanted to come watch at the Tongi tournament but I had to work half the day then move some new furniture for the Mrs.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©