3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hey Californians!!!  (Read 626 times)

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Californians!!!
« on: January 03, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
I'm looking forward to spending some time in the Angeles Nat. Forest, here in the near future, Scouting/ stump shooting/ healthy walking/ breathing fresh air. Any tips?
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hey Californians!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
Personally, I pretty much quit hunting or visiting the local national forests when they started requiring the Forest Adventure Pass.
I wish you luck in your trips, though.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
What the h*ll is a Forest Adventure Pass?
California sure ain't like any other place.
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
Whit, as you should know, the California Government is as close to communist as you can get, with out being communist.

You can not go into YOUR National forest with out paying a TAX, oops I mean fee.

Doesnt matter you have a Fishing TAX, oops, I mean license.

Doesnt matter you have a deer Tax, oops, I mean license.

You have to pay a walking Tax, oops, I mean adventure pass.

California is all about parting you from your money any why they can.

The Crest is a beautiful mountain range, it has been an oasis for me my whole life.

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
And be prepared for those who will be telling you you can't carry your bow or stump shoot in your National Forest.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
And be prepared for those who will be telling you you can't carry your bow or stump shoot in your National Forest.
Is that a law there?
It's the same in Texas on WMA land. You can't target shoot(stump shoot)either. Something needs to be in season and you would have to tell them you were hunting what ever that was and have all the paper work for it.

I'll be moving back to Commiefornia fairly soon.
    "[dntthnk]"
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline BTH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
Haven't tried it but I imagine it is a law here. I'm blessed in private land.

The folks out here just don't understand and if you are carrying a weapon of any kind on public land you are perceived as a threat to them and their animal friends.   :banghead:  

I've only heard of one exception and that is Lake Sonoma up here. Our hog population in that area is ripping up that land. The horse riders, hikers and mountain bikers love to see the hunters and tell them where to find the hogs.  :clapper:  

Uncle, please find out the law before you go with the intent to hike with your bow and stump shoot. Hopefully there is a small game season open at the time.
Pork, Oysters, and Beer...the Holy Trinity (Anthony Bourdain).

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
Oh well,I guess I'm just going to suck it up and pay all the necessary taxes OOPS... I mean fees, just so I can get away from the pavement.
King - Hope to see you out there.
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
BTH thanks for the advice, I will read up on the rules and regs. before I set out.
Hope to see you out there too.
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
unclewhit,
when you find the "rules" could you please post to this thread. I must be looking in wrong places.
Paying fees for what we took for granted is the direction all goverments, local, state, feds are taking. It is  what we have to look forward to. If we could have kept the general public out of the woods there wouldn't be the need for so much money to manage these places. Hopefully they will not find a way to sell off our National forests to make a buck and save a buck.

Offline donw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »
you gotta have that pass whenever you STOP/PARK in a california state park/forest.

i have the "golden age passport" as i'm a "senior citizen"   :D    :D    :D
i was told by a sales person, when purchasing an out-of-date newpaper that it was out-of-date...

i told her "i've been told i'm out-of-date, too"...

does that mean i'm up-to-date?

Offline donw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
m60gunner:

r u still in BSBH?
i was told by a sales person, when purchasing an out-of-date newpaper that it was out-of-date...

i told her "i've been told i'm out-of-date, too"...

does that mean i'm up-to-date?

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
Coyotes are always open, SOOOOOOO that's what I'm doing here with my bow, That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

California is an Awesome state, but the government is one of the worst of the 50.

There is some great hunting here, you just have to put up with the bull, to enjoy it.

All of these came from the Crest

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
Nice! I am sooooo there! I hope you didn't just give away your honey hole.
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
Unclewhit,

Don't be fooled by the King....he's one of a select few who routinely scores in California. The guy is a friggin animal magnet.... "Long live the King" as the rest of we mere mortals politely bow-down or offer to light his stogie whence he passes by....but then again the King is a bit north of where you asked about.

As for stump stooting in the the Angeles National Forest, you are required to have an "Adventure Pass" to park your vehicle anywhere within the four National Forests of So CAL,  You can drive through, you just can't park. (I.e. Los Padres NF, Cleveland NF, San Bernardino NF and the Los Angeles NF).  Cost is about $30 and an extra $5 for a second Adventure Pass for another vehicle.  Each year I have to pony up the money just to get around my town and it pisses me off.  Each year I remind the Forest Service clerk that our fore-fathers once had a big Tea Party in Boston Harbor over similar taxation without representation.  I'm guilty as the rest for not staging some type of revolt about this Taxation without representation.

While most of the rest of the country enjoys the prvilege of a pleasant day out stump shooting be prepared to explain what stump shooting is to the Game Warden and/or the Forest Service Rangers.  Folks have been hasseled for "Hunting" stumps without a hunting license, and if those stumps are out of season.

Now that you've bought the Adventure Pass, found your way into the forest(be prepared for an arid environment in much of the "forest") you'll be competing with many different types of ethnic Gangsters for space once you've arrived.  So Cal is immensely over-populated.  In fact there are so many illegal aliens that the "Officials" don't even know how many people inhabit So Cal.  There hasn't been an accurate head count in years.   And it's not just Mexicans, there's every race, creed, color and type of aliens here.

Additionally the four National Forests mentioned above are all used to cultivate the "Evil Weed" MJ.  So, in the summer times you could well stumble into someone Marijuana Garden which may or may not have armed guards.

The Peoples Republic of Kalifornication is not hunter friendly, at least in the Southern area.  Most folks around here leave to hunt out of state.  I despise living here, can't wait to get out....

Now if you'd like to do some shooting there is a pretty good infractructure of archery ranges.  Somewhere most weekends there is a 3-d shoot, but that's not the roving/stump shooting you spoke of in the prior post.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
This “Adventure Pass”, has anyone every actually checked if that is legal. I’m surprised that hasn’t been challenged in court???

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
Chamberlin Ranch shoot is just around the corner.
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline nanook712

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
Just got back from a short visit, went up into the C.N.F. and saw the signs,sure put me to head scratching. Something wrong with the state charging fees to use Federal land.

Offline Khayyam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 09:18:00 PM »
They tried the same thing here in Oregon (the feds, not the state) Enough people told them to stuff it and the few who went to court won so they have backed off and now try to charge only at major trailheads.I still won't pay and have never been fined.

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
I read this and just had to give my two cents worth. Lived in LaMirada for about 25 years with a few stints in Garbage Grove..uhh I mean Garden Grove. That state is awsome for the weather but I could not hang with how things were starting to regress and allowing it to become a breeding ground for illegals, gangsters and an "anything goes state" Morals were being forgotten and I had a 8 year old daughter I wanted to grow up elswhere.
I worked in Azusa and hunted,hiked the mountains everytime I could. Blacktails everywhere along with some bunnies that were huge! As time went on I came across a whole bunch of people in the woods. Everything from homless camps to areas I thought I might get killed in for seeing something I shouldnt have. You realy need to get off the beaten path and go deep. Watch them rattlers and scorps and good luck. Lived the Golden state but that gold is really starting to tarnish.
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©