3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: a question for the wool experts  (Read 276 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
a question for the wool experts
« on: January 03, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
i bought a ll bean maine guide coat, got it on sale for 40$.  my only concern is, that it is lined with standard thisulate.  will that ruin the natural qualities of the wool, by not insulating when wet?  does anyone know if thinsulate insulates when wet, like wool does?  this coat is super warm, but i am wondering how it will do when wet.  thanks, mike.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: a question for the wool experts
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
No expert here but the thinsulate will not effect the properties of the wool.  It may affect overall performance of the jacket when wet but I wouldn't think it would be too detrimental. KOM jackets are lined with a synthetic.  Sounds like you got a good deal.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
thanks kadbow, what i meant is will the thinsulate keep me from feeling the warmth of the wool if the coat gets wet.  i didnt make that very clear.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
well, the thinsulate, or any added layer on the coat may hold water. So the natural ability of wool to hold/release water may not work as it normally would. The wool will still repel water and return heat. I have had bad experinces with liners, but on wool I think they are generally OK as long as you don't get soaked. Your perspiration may not escape as readily though.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »
You should be fine.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©