3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black limbs with snake skins?  (Read 450 times)

Offline brill16hockey

• Trad Bowhunter
Black limbs with snake skins?
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »
I got some 70# limbs for my widow for Christmas, but they are black on my Autumn Oak riser.  The contrast actually does look pretty cool but I was thinkin about throwing some skins on the limbs, but I dont know what kind of snake would look good on black limbs.  If anyone has any pictures of black limbs with skins I would love to see them.  Thanks!

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black limbs with snake skins?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

Offline Ghostman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Many bowyers prefer to put snake skins on black glass or dark stained limbs. Darker limbs generally  shows the snakeskin patterns better.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
Be carefull though.  I put black glass on the back of a t/d I made once just so I could put some copperhead skins on it.  They turned out so dark I had to get a taxidermist friend of mine to air brush them so you could tell I had skins on it.  They took on the appearance of a black snake and you couldn't see any pattern whatsoever.  But maybe copperheads have thinner skins than other snakes.

Offline bushytail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
The rattle snake skins i got from 3-Rivers turned out real nice on the Super Kodiak which has black limbs.you could see the pattern and it came out with a slight greenish hue.Never tryed copperhead skins yet.
Harold Wetzler

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©