3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: N FUSED AXIS - Anyone tried them??  (Read 317 times)

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
N FUSED AXIS - Anyone tried them??
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what they think of the new Easton Axis N FUSED shafts. Easton claims toughest shaft available in the skinny shaft market.
hunt it

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: N FUSED AXIS - Anyone tried them??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
TTT - Anybody
hunt it

Offline biglegmax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
I bought a couple shafts but I have not had time to make them up yet. I would also like to hear some feedback.

Offline bowfiend

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
I shot some last summer and they are tough. I still have 4 that I use for stumping and small game. IMHO, they're not as tough as the full metal jackets. Also, they're a lighter shaft, so you have to do a little more work to get them to a good hunting weight. (I use standard 125gr heads with 100 gr brass inserts, so I like a nice heavy shaft to beef up the overall weight)I was stump shooting around elk camp last fall and both my hunting partners (wheelie shooters)were amazed at how durable the FMJ's were. I haven't broken a FMJ yet, but broke 2 "N-fused" before I switched.
Is it September yet?!

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
I just spoke with and Easton Tech rep. He says N Fused Axis is toughest most durable shaft in their line. Your findings are interesting Bowfiend. I'm wondering what is happening to carbon inner shaft on hard impacts? Is there damage that we can't see? Always wondered this about the footed shafts??? I know the strength is there but what are we hiding - something that will bite us at some point???
hunt it

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
are those the ones with "vibrake" vibration dampeners?

Are they more quiet than other arrows?
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
"vibrakes" are Beman inserts I believe...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
Curt's right vbrakes are Beeman.
hunt it

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
I've tried them, and I thought it would be the solution to not having to sleeve my arrows, but I was wrong.  Don't get me wrong, they are tough, but not as tough as a sleeved axis.  I also sleeve the back end for nock impact.  That also saves my arrows.  I also understand the part about the shaft "biting us" at some point.  I always wonder the same thing.  I do make sure to always flex and inspect my shaft though.  So far It's been ok, and I've shot a buch of rocks with them!  :D  

Ryan

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
This arrow was shot into the rim of a large asbestos pot from about 25yds, it was a glancing shot but granted that pot rim is pretty solid! Arrow is a Axis 400 N-Fused carbon with a 100gr brass insert. Interesting how it snapped cleanly right on the footing (piece of 2020 Legacy shaft).

In retrospect I think using a short piece of footing, just enough to support the shoulder is probably all thats needed to prevent the shaft splitting from a glancing blow, anything longer may be causing a "pivot point" and creating a weakness. It would also be enough to support the insert to prevent mushrooming.

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
oops. my mistake.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »
I picked up a doz last night, N Fused 340's. I 'll play with them for next week or so and put them to test at the Texas Sweat.
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©