3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wow - Bear recurves  (Read 668 times)

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wow - Bear recurves
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
Thats what I mean.... On an interesting side note, the seller claims he killed a deer with a similar bow, yet refers to the length of the bow as 4ft 7inches. Most of us would say 58 inch AMO or something similar.  I can't hold that against a person too much but I find it kinda strange.

I also did some digging with the "search" on here and found a couple K-Hunters in real good shape for $150- $185 TYD.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 12:32:00 AM »
Arwin
Sorry if I came across wrong, thought you were commenting on us bow ho's in the collecting/history forum.
Crazy prices happening over there on the Bay, some over here in the classifieds.
The 70's KH for over 250, the 65's K's for 800 those are crazy, stupid prices, wish they were buying from me.
Ive got great deals recently off the big E,but postage is going up for sure.
I've got good deals from people here, but most people here have a pretty good idea what their bow is worth.
Best part of dealing with the people here the bow is almost always returnable without to much hard feeling.
      Kurt

Offline Boom Stick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 01:56:00 AM »
Bow stringing the Flea Bay Way

I found it funny the first couple times I saw bows strung like this.  Now it's just sad.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 02:05:00 AM »
I just paid 250 for a 1962 62" grizzly in great shape with a leather top spring arm quiver and arrows to go with it. I didn't pay to much because I've hunted for this bow for 5 years now and I finally found one,,LOL,, I hope I didn't pay to much. I paid that in our Classifieds too. I will add that it is all in excellent shape as I seen plenty of pics from it. So what you fellas think??
TGMM

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 04:27:00 AM »
I have bought a couple bows right off the classifieds on this site and have been very pleased with the price and the bows.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
Boom Stick, that was, and is, a very common method of storing the string, not stringing the bow.  With the vast majority of recurves, there's almost no tension on the string that way - barely enough to keep it on the bow.  My father has stored his recurve that way since the early 60's.

There are still deals to be found on fleabay, but prices have gotten out of hand.  I only sell bows here and my asking price has been ~70% of the normal auction price (which is what I buy them for here as well).
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by kurtbel5:
Arwin
Sorry if I came across wrong, thought you were commenting on us bow ho's in the collecting/history forum.
Crazy prices happening over there on the Bay, some over here in the classifieds.
The 70's KH for over 250, the 65's K's for 800 those are crazy, stupid prices, wish they were buying from me.
Ive got great deals recently off the big E,but postage is going up for sure.
I've got good deals from people here, but most people here have a pretty good idea what their bow is worth.
Best part of dealing with the people here the bow is almost always returnable without to much hard feeling.
      Kurt
No offense taken bro.  ;)  Discussion is good.   :D   I think being a serious collector vs. someone who is just looking for a hunting bow or first trad bow to get started with, is way different.
  I would just hate to see a newbie get scammed on their first bow and feel sour towards traditional archery.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
Arwin....most of the bargains come with those that aren't so "popular."    Yet if you look at a Kodiak Hunter, in really good shape, going for $250.00, what can you buy new that can compare for even twice that.  A 60" Black Widow just went without a bid and it had a starting bid of $400.00.  It was an SAII in very good condition, but was 62#@28".

Just because a Buy It Now is a certain price, doesn't mean someone will pay that.  Most times you can buy a nice Bear Grizzly for less than $150.00.  If you have the opportunity to check in at mid-day, you may get them much cheaper than a bow going off auction in the prime time...evening.  

The bottom line is to bid what you can afford and or are willing to pay.  People don't think anything about paying $700.00 for a bow that doesn't even have riser overlays on it, yet will balk at a $200.00 Kodiak Hunter in great condition.  It's all about what you get for the money and that's a personal choice.

Offline Boom Stick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jeremy:
Boom Stick, that was, and is, a very common method of storing the string, not stringing the bow.  With the vast majority of recurves, there's almost no tension on the string that way - barely enough to keep it on the bow.  My father has stored his recurve that way since the early 60's.

There are still deals to be found on fleabay, but prices have gotten out of hand.  I only sell bows here and my asking price has been ~70% of the normal auction price (which is what I buy them for here as well).
It still gives me the heeby jeebies.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©