3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A&H ACS CX***WOW  (Read 832 times)

Offline flycastr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A&H ACS CX***WOW
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 12:24:00 AM »
I have two ACS-CX's and a new 16" ST on its way.  They have become the bows I just want to pick up.  I struggle with the words to explain it, but I think it's a combination of the aesthetics (to me, they're gorgeous, even the aluminum riser!) , the feel in the hand (solid and comfy) and the performance (amazing).  For me there has been nothing unusual or difficult about the tuning. The mystery of tuning my bows went away after I watched Rick Welch's video Vol II about ten times, and finally took his shooting school.  The systematic tuning and setup protocol he teaches makes it really simple and effective.

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 02:01:00 AM »
flycastr, I agree. I have gone to Ricks School twice now and applied what he taught me to this bow and it wasn't as difficult as I was making it.

I had forgotten a bunch of tuning stuff he showed me, and after the refresher course in DEC. I came home and received my new 16 st ACS CX and bingo...
Blessings,
Steve

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »
How do you find out info. on his school? Anyone want to sell his video?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline foudarme

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sipsey River:
What brace height are you finding that works best?
7 1/4....I have 4 ACS and that's the best brace height for me

Offline foudarme

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by flycastr:
  The systematic tuning and setup protocol he teaches makes it really simple and effective.
what are the bases claimed?

Offline wisconsin wood butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
yes i would also like to hear back on that

Offline flycastr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
Oh, my, where to start?  To describe Rick Welch's method, I guess the analogy I would use is from my old rifle-shooting and reloading days.  When you take a new rifle out of the box and put a scope on it, you don't start right in tweaking different loads and bullet combinations.  You bore-sight the rifle first to get it close, right?  In archery, what do we do first?  We start right in selecting shafts, bare-shaft testing, paper tuning, etc.  We just assume the bow is going to shoot where the bow is going to shoot.  Do we spend any time tuning the bow?  Not really.  We tune arrows and that's it.  Rick starts by tuning the bow to shoot where you look.  Basic and simple, and a huge step!  Like bore-sighting, he makes the gross adjustments with the bow first.  But to get the full impact of it all, you have to watch the video multiple times, and the light will at some point go on.  It must have taken me 8-10 times, and I finally realized what he was talking about.  Then take the school.  In two hours he had me shooting better than I ever have.  Truly amazing!

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
Set it up at 7 1/4 and it bare shafts great. Plan on leaving it there for now
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
Just got mine on tuesday. It's my 3rd one, foolishly sold the other 2. I'm loving it again!!
64" zebra wood 58@30. Taking it to the Hill Country in Llano Tx this coming weekend on a doe hunt.

Offline foudarme

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by flycastr:
Oh, my, where to start?  To describe Rick Welch's method, I guess the analogy I would use is from my old rifle-shooting and reloading days.  When you take a new rifle out of the box and put a scope on it, you don't start right in tweaking different loads and bullet combinations.  You bore-sight the rifle first to get it close, right?  In archery, what do we do first?  We start right in selecting shafts, bare-shaft testing, paper tuning, etc.  We just assume the bow is going to shoot where the bow is going to shoot.  Do we spend any time tuning the bow?  Not really.  We tune arrows and that's it.  Rick starts by tuning the bow to shoot where you look.  Basic and simple, and a huge step!  Like bore-sighting, he makes the gross adjustments with the bow first.  But to get the full impact of it all, you have to watch the video multiple times, and the light will at some point go on.  It must have taken me 8-10 times, and I finally realized what he was talking about.  Then take the school.  In two hours he had me shooting better than I ever have.  Truly amazing!
the bare shaft method is a complete tuning method which concerns both the bow and the arrow, I don't really see how to improve it so I am very curious about it...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©