3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: twist in 45 lb grizzley limb.. cani fix it?  (Read 220 times)

Offline shoot thru

• Trad Bowhunter
twist in 45 lb grizzley limb.. cani fix it?
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
just got this a coupple days ago.
i owned it 31 yrs ago and shot my first deer ever with this bow.also i bought it brand new at 13 yrs old. for i think 60.00 at local hardware store. shortly after buying it i graduated to a bear white tail..lol..

was talking to the guy i sold it to for 30.00 the other day and he said he still had it and had only ever shot it a few times.. pretty cool huh.. bought it back for the same  price.
isnt twisted bad, but noticable.. every noew an then im getting a servere left arrow that acts like it is falling off the shelf on release.
just wondering if the twist could be causeing this.
thanks for any help..

jim

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: twist in 45 lb grizzley limb.. cani fix it?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Most twists can be corrected.

If you click on "search" and then enter "twist" in the box as topic, you will get several pages of past threads related to correcting twists.

good luck Jim.
Lon Scott

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
It will fix easily, and it isn't the cause of a left arrow now and then.  If the string is staying on the bow when you shoot it, the arrow will track perfectly.  If the arrow occasionally is hitting to the left, it's an arrow issue (spine, etc.) or a shooter issue (release, push, etc.).

If the bend is slight, string the bow and twist opposite the bend gently so you don't twist the string off, and let it strung for a few weeks. It will take a proper memory.  Use a bow stringer, since the reason it is twisted is someone didn't.

Most slight bends/twists don't have to be heated, but that would be another solution.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
That's an easy fix as has been said. Great deal on the Griz. They are nice bows.

I agree with George as far as the hitting left. If you are shooting aluminum arrows, it could also be that one is slightly bent. I was having that issue a while back. I finally figured out that it was just one arrow. It was a 1916 I had blown the nock off of with another arrow. I didn't notice the bend as it was slight and just ahead of the fletching. I glued on a new nock and thought I was good to go. I'd put two shots dead on, but one arrow would "escape" to the left. Took that one out of the rotation and now they fly fine...until I pluck the string and they go right    :rolleyes:
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©